Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How long...

    DISCLAIMER: this is NOT a "fire the coaches" thread. Not in the least. It's meant to be a discussion, and if you can't muster that then there are other threads to post in.

    How long will the Broncos wait for Fox to come around to the fact that he has a top 3 QB?

    These slow starts are primarily on the coaches, in my opinion. It's as if Fox still feels he has to protect Delhomme/Orton/Tebow until the game starts to slip out of reach.

    There have been head scratching situation calls, slow starts, and just atrocious game management. We ended the first half with two timeouts on the board, after the Pats drove right down the field.


    How long will the Broncos give John Fox to adapt? I think he's a good head coach in the sense of coaching his assistants, but not a great manager of the game.
    sigpic

    Hooray, beer!

  • #2
    I dont know he better figure it out soon. He has never had a great QB so he may still be figuring it out. I just think he is too conservative fore Peyton

    Comment


    • #3
      Agreed. But they are being conservative on both sides of the ball. I want aggressive play, especially on D.
      Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        DISCLAIMER: this is NOT a "fire the coaches" thread. Not in the least. It's meant to be a discussion, and if you can't muster that then there are other threads to post in.

        How long will the Broncos wait for Fox to come around to the fact that he has a top 3 QB?

        These slow starts are primarily on the coaches, in my opinion. It's as if Fox still feels he has to protect Delhomme/Orton/Tebow until the game starts to slip out of reach.

        There have been head scratching situation calls, slow starts, and just atrocious game management. We ended the first half with two timeouts on the board, after the Pats drove right down the field.


        How long will the Broncos give John Fox to adapt? I think he's a good head coach in the sense of coaching his assistants, but not a great manager of the game.
        I don't get call like on a crucial 3rd down giving the ball to Lance Ball.... that makes my head shake

        Fox is going to have to get down with the fact he can lean on Manning, and I mean alot. I know we came into this season with this balanced attack approach, but I think this teams season lies on the arm of Manning. I can tell you one thing, I am much more confident with cball in 18's hands when the game is on the line than our RB's...

        I think out losses have come against squads that are goign to steamroll almost anybody they meet, other than each other. Our biggest issue on this team is 3rd downs..... its downright disgrace how easy wegive up yardage when we NEED to get Manning back on the field.

        Fox is here for the longhaul- I am not sure about Del Rio, maybe it will take time....
        A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

        #87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

        Comment


        • #5
          It's ridiculous.

          McCoy needs to go, some of his play-calls just scratch my head.

          - Up the gut on 3rd-4 with LANCE BALL?!?!
          - Run the ball down 10 when they couldn't stop PM at all, really? Not that they would of dropped NE to get it back if they scored, but still.

          Among others.

          And yes, they need to just let Manning call the game in the no-huddle.

          Comment


          • #6
            I would give him the year and next. Because even conservative Manning can put up points he was brought in to fix the D this is year it isn't looking so great so one more year to prove that he can build a D or give him his walking papers. And if we fail to make the playoffs this year I would really look hard at determining if he is worth keeping, because we are in a weak division where there looks to be no strong team and only 2 average teams.

            So hopefully this team starts to gel, because he will be moving into the hot seat if he keeps this same play style. It worked last year because we could play the field position game, but we would lose to those who could put up points fast. And it is the same this year, so we need to open up the offense. And I don't know how this offense is truly ran because McCoy could be calling the plays or maybe Manning is. I have a feeling that 3rd and 4 run with Ball though was an audible by Manning.

            The main reason for giving Fox next year is because the team needs to gel, but when all the eggs are put into a basket as old as Manning, you need to win now, and we have been struggling, but it isn't how you start it is how you finish, because last year we were 1-4 at this point so who knows how this season will end.




            Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

            Comment


            • #7
              I can't really add much to what you said Cory, I think you put it perfectly, but I will try lol. I don't get why we pay a guy 20 million to run draws on 3rd down. I am not saying fire anybody, but I do believe we have a tough situation here, where our personnel no longer fit our coaches personality. We are far too conservative on both sides of the ball. We have guys like PFM, Doom, Von, and Champ being wasted with these silly and imo cowardly game plans. I don't think the sky is failing but something needs to change fast.
              Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

              Comment


              • #8
                Just wait one more close loss, and watch Manning start waving off punt teams, and audibiling 24-7.
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                  It's ridiculous.

                  McCoy needs to go, some of his play-calls just scratch my head.

                  - Up the gut on 3rd-4 with LANCE BALL?!?!
                  - Run the ball down 10 when they couldn't stop PM at all, really? Not that they would of dropped NE to get it back if they scored, but still.

                  Among others.

                  And yes, they need to just let Manning call the game in the no-huddle.
                  I'm gonna have to agree with what Sandy Clough was saying about this call. I can live with the draw on 3 and 4. Hell, just look at what the Patriots were able to pull off with a run on 3rd and 17. But the thing is, given the field position, if you call a draw on 3rd and 4, you better be prepared to go for it on 4th. Again, this just speaks to the conservative mentality. Pretty much all of us are on board with that, we want agression.

                  Here's the thing that's really chapped me this season. Mike Nolan, did we really have to let him go? Josh McDaniels, while I know we all hate him (rawr) simply out-coached us yesterday. Of the 5 teams we've faced, 3 of them had ex-Bronco coaches or assistants, and the all whooped us. All were agressive with their play calling. It's so frustrating.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I never followed Carolina during Fox's reign there.

                    With that said he has now had three QB's be at the helm of his team: Orton, Tebow, and Manning. Orton and Manning are similiar in that they are both pocket passers, Tebow....well I'll just leave it at that.

                    Under each QB their are glaring similiarities amongst offense struggles and apparent idiotic play calling. I'm not sure if that should fall directly on Fox though as he is more of a defensive coach and McCoy is in charge of the offense (correct me if I'm wrong). IMHO McCoy has got to go, sooner than later. If he doesn't go he needs to take a backseat and let Manning lead this team and do what he does best.
                    sigpic
                    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Best said by former Colts offensive coordinator Tom Moore.. "I give Peyton ideas for plays to run, he figures out based on the defense what to run and calls the plays. I just give him ideas."
                      PROUND MEMBER OF THE MILE HIGH MANNING FIVEHEAD FAN CLUB! MEMBER #101!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hopefully they just give Peyton OC reigns like in Indy, I can't stand the unreal McCoy

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dan in the Can View Post
                          I'm gonna have to agree with what Sandy Clough was saying about this call. I can live with the draw on 3 and 4. Hell, just look at what the Patriots were able to pull off with a run on 3rd and 17. But the thing is, given the field position, if you call a draw on 3rd and 4, you better be prepared to go for it on 4th. Again, this just speaks to the conservative mentality. Pretty much all of us are on board with that, we want agression.

                          Here's the thing that's really chapped me this season. Mike Nolan, did we really have to let him go? Josh McDaniels, while I know we all hate him (rawr) simply out-coached us yesterday. Of the 5 teams we've faced, 3 of them had ex-Bronco coaches or assistants, and the all whooped us. All were agressive with their play calling. It's so frustrating.
                          Bingooooooo! Exactly

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I dont put any of the blame on fox. I think he is well aware of what we have. Its mccoy. The brilliant mccoy.

                            It is no coincidence that when peyton goes no huddle we have scored 90% of our points. When we huddle and mccoy calls the plays, we punt, or dont score. Mccoy has sucked always and forever. Its so funny that people are blind to this aspect.
                            So far:
                            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                              I dont put any of the blame on fox. I think he is well aware of what we have. Its mccoy. The brilliant mccoy.

                              It is no coincidence that when peyton goes no huddle we have scored 90% of our points. When we huddle and mccoy calls the plays, we punt, or dont score. Mccoy has sucked always and forever. Its so funny that people are blind to this aspect.
                              And if Fox refuses to do anything about McCoy, doesn't it become his fault?

                              Shanahan, coach for life, got fired for his stance on a bad coordinator.
                              sigpic

                              Hooray, beer!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X