Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Not a thread about firing current coaches
    Are you going to retroactively declare this thread a contest, and then name yourself the winner?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
      . . . Orton and Manning are similiar . . .
      Quite likely the first time that phrase has been crafted, in any context...

Comment

Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
        I never followed Carolina during Fox's reign there.

With that said he has now had three QB's be at the helm of his team: Orton, Tebow, and Manning. Orton and Manning are similiar in that they are both pocket passers, Tebow....well I'll just leave it at that.

Under each QB their are glaring similiarities amongst offense struggles and apparent idiotic play calling. I'm not sure if that should fall directly on Fox though as he is more of a defensive coach and McCoy is in charge of the offense (correct me if I'm wrong). IMHO McCoy has got to go, sooner than later. If he doesn't go he needs to take a backseat and let Manning lead this team and do what he does best.
        Manning is much more mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          Manning is much more mobile.
          I think Orton has a better "Fall into the fetal position" than Manning thought

But hopefully this coaching staff starts to feel the pressure and makes the changes to really get this team going. I know they are growing but we can't fail to make the playoffs. Since we went for Manning we became a win now and if we do worse than last year it was a big waste.

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
            I think Orton has a better "Fall into the fetal position" than Manning thought

But hopefully this coaching staff starts to feel the pressure and makes the changes to really get this team going. I know they are growing but we can't fail to make the playoffs. Since we went for Manning we became a win now and if we do worse than last year it was a big waste.
            I'm not worried about this football team, players or coaches. A week from tonight, they'll be in first place in the division, and in January they'll be hosting a wild card team in the playoffs again.

Comment

I'm not worried about this football team, players or coaches. A week from tonight, they'll be in first place in the division, and in January they'll be hosting a wild card team in the playoffs again.
              I also am not worried, but you have to keep in mind that our play calling has to get better. We have to get more aggressive in the first half of the game. Only being aggressive when it is to late is not helping.

IMO we only have a few positions that need upgrades. Those include MLB, WR, DT, and S. We can get 3/4 from FA. Knighton, Byrd, and Wallace would be outstanding as long as they are affordable. Then we should go after Te'o via the draft. Throw in Gillislee in the 3rd and I am happy.
              Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Go on.....I'm liking the storyline so far.....

Comment

There won't be any major upgrading this season. It's on the players and coaches.

Personally, I would like to see no huddle (not hurry up) 100% of the time. O is a work in progress.

D is still in the process of incorporating five new starters into a new defense which is still determining who the best eleven are. It is also a work in progress

Seems like when the O goes well, Manning gets the credit, and when it doesn't, McCoy gets the blame. None of us know exactly who called the great plays and who called the ones that weren't so good. We really need to hack into the helmet radio frequency! :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    Go on.....I'm liking the storyline so far.....

The Prince killed the dragon and kissed Sleeping Beauty and they all went to the Super Bowl on Bourbon Street!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
                      Quite likely the first time that phrase has been crafted, in any context...
                      And the last time lol
                      sigpic
                      2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

There won't be any major upgrading this season. It's on the players and coaches.

Personally, I would like to see no huddle (not hurry up) 100% of the time. O is a work in progress.

D is still in the process of incorporating five new starters into a new defense which is still determining who the best eleven are. It is also a work in progress

Seems like when the O goes well, Manning gets the credit, and when it doesn't, McCoy gets the blame. None of us know exactly who called the great plays and who called the ones that weren't so good. We really need to hack into the helmet radio frequency! :thumb:

Very true and fair.
                        What i do know is we have seen plays like this before. So I lead it to mccoy. What we also know, and this is very telling is that when we go no huddle, we know the peyton is doing this thing, not mccoy and that is also when we have scored like 90% of our points. Which also points at mccoy as the anchor dragging us down. Which I and others have been saying for quite some time now.

Me personally, I have given up the argueing against mccoy because it is futile. He sucks and some people fail to see it but he is not going anywhere this year. However, when we win people will not bring it up, even though it has been evident. When we lose people want to throw fingers and blame around and will bring it up. At least, from what I have seen.
                        So far:
                        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

I thought you said this wasn't a "fire the coaches" thread?
                          I think he just wants them to wisen up, not necessairily get fired
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I will "go there" and say Fox should be fired. Hell, I think he was the wrong guy to hire in the first place.

I was hoping we'd hire Dennison. Maybe that'll happen sooner than later.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and McCoy should be fired ASAP. I have no idea why he was kept on board this long...
                            Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                              I will "go there" and say Fox should be fired. Hell, I think he was the wrong guy to hire in the first place.

I was hoping we'd hire Dennison. Maybe that'll happen sooner than later.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and McCoy should be fired ASAP. I have no idea why he was kept on board this long...

I am similar to you and different.

I also did not want fox hired and also wanted dennison.
                              However, after seeing fox and they way he coaches I like him and do not want him fired. I think he is perfect for this team. So we are different there on our views.

I could not agree more about mccoy though. I have been hating on him for 3 years now.

So to me a great way to start next year is with all the same coaches we have now except a new OC, I do not really care who it is, there are some I do not want, but others I would be fine with. I like fox and Del Rio, I think they are doing a great job. That would be an ideal coach wise offseason for me.
                              So far:
                              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                                DISCLAIMER: this is NOT a "fire the coaches" thread. Not in the least. It's meant to be a discussion, and if you can't muster that then there are other threads to post in.

How long will the Broncos wait for Fox to come around to the fact that he has a top 3 QB?

These slow starts are primarily on the coaches, in my opinion. It's as if Fox still feels he has to protect Delhomme/Orton/Tebow until the game starts to slip out of reach.

There have been head scratching situation calls, slow starts, and just atrocious game management. We ended the first half with two timeouts on the board, after the Pats drove right down the field.

How long will the Broncos give John Fox to adapt? I think he's a good head coach in the sense of coaching his assistants, but not a great manager of the game.
                                Denver will wait until the end of the regular season. I think(terms of his job) Fox will finish out his contract, then Denver will look elsewhere. However if we end the season not in the playoffs and/or worst, same record wise...Denver will look for a coach during the post season.

I've said it in 2 threads this will be a 3rd. We have a talented offense, that can hang with any offense in the NFL if not better. Problem is conservative play calling and the head coach not minding . He's a defensive head coach, he is clueless on offense.
                                Last edited by InsaneBlaze23; 10-09-2012, 07:01 AM.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                                X