Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell is wrong with Tony Carter?!?!?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol at where this thread's going

Shouldn't have said it but anyone who gives this energy at all is wasting their energy on something they shouldn't

Comment

This is going to be a pretty sensitive subject with a lot of people... so let's be very careful with how we tread in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
        Lol at where this thread's going

Shouldn't have said it but anyone who gives this energy at all is wasting their energy on something they shouldn't
        I know right? I guess this puts him in the "cut or trade him he's an idiot" box like DJ? Lol

Comment

People deal with death in different ways, instead of crying about it he tries to bring positives to it. He's a glass half full guy instead of glass half empty
          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

he apologized!

Tony Carter ‏@tonycarter904

I am truly sorry for the insensitive and inappropriate comment I made last night. It will never happen again.

Comment

I woke up and saw this. I thought it was a pretty ridiculous comment. It wasnt funny at all. "Pray for me" cmon shut the hell up and watch your movie.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                People deal with death in different ways, instead of crying about it he tries to bring positives to it. He's a glass half full guy instead of glass half empty

Tony Carter...is that you?

How is he trying to bring a positive to it? That makes no sense. He's a glass half full guy because he made a dumb joke?

"At a late night move, yall pray for me."

That's bringing a positive to a situation that is still pretty fresh in the Denver community?

Everyone makes mistakes and says dumb things. Even people defending him should know it doesn't take a genius to know that a majority of people aren't going to appreciate a comment like that less than 3 months after it happened.

I think this sums it up pretty well. Tweets from Jessica Redfields mom, one of the victims who became largely known as a sports enthusiast looking to make it in the industry:

@Stars_Insider @PeterBurnsRadio Just don't forget the damage to the victim's families that this causes. It's very painful....apology or not
                @Denver_Broncos @tonycarter904 Class act, Carter! My daughter would have covered Bronco training if she hadn't been MURDERED in Aurora JERK
                @PeterBurnsRadio @tonycarter904 Give him my number and ask him to call....we'll talk about it and have a little "sensitivity training".
                Last edited by COBronc78; 10-09-2012, 08:11 AM.

Comment

He's an idiot. Can we cut him for having a below-average IQ?

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by COBronc78 View Post
                    Tony Carter...is that you?

How is he trying to bring a positive to it? That makes no sense. He's a glass half full guy because he made a dumb joke?

"At a late night move, yall pray for me."

That's bringing a positive to a situation that is still pretty fresh in the Denver community?

Everyone makes mistakes and says dumb things. Even people defending him should know it doesn't take a genius to know that a majority of people aren't going to appreciate a comment like that less than 3 months after it happened.

I think this sums it up pretty well. Tweets from Jessica Redfields mom, one of the victims who became largely known as a sports enthusiast looking to make it in the industry:
                    This is exactly the stuff I'm talking about.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think it's time to forgive.

He said something stupid. He later apologized without making excuses. We've all said tongue in cheek things that were stupid and wish we could have later taken back. I can remember something I said about 18 years ago that I still can't believe I said. I apologized and am thankful I was forgiven for it.

Let's put down the stones and forgive the guy. At least he's not making excuses.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                        Lol I said the exact same thing last friday.

Nothing wrong with it, far worse has been on family guy and the like. It's dark humor, sure, but humor nonetheless. If it is not sent out in negative spirits, then there is no need to be upset.
                        Go check out Jessica Refields mothers twitter. She does not seem to think its funny and she has every right to be upset. What a dumb statement

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                          I think it's time to forgive.

He said something stupid. He later apologized without making excuses. We've all said tongue in cheek things that were stupid and wish we could have later taken back. I can remember something I said about 18 years ago that I still can't believe I said. I apologized and am thankful I was forgiven for it.

Let's put down the stones and forgive the guy. At least he's not making excuses.
                          I agree. We all say things that we regret, it happens. I don't think less of the guy I just find it funny when some people here say there's nothin wrong with it.

It was stupid and insensitive but I wouldn't hold it against him. Everyone messes up

Comment

Did he see Taken 2?
                            Team Broncos!
                            2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

I'm glad he manned up and apologized with no excuses. It was a every stupid comment but I forgive him I guess.
                              sigpic

Comment

I am sure he realizes that it was not a good thing to say...hence the apology. But that is what you get with twitter, the ability to let your first, non thought out, id driven thought spew'ed out to the world in written form...this world would be a better place without things like twitter...

Ya know all those times when you think something, think about saying it, but after a few moments you realize that it probably shouldn't be said? That is what twitter is, but by the time you think "that is a dumb thought" you have already given it to the world forever...terrible what happens sometimes when people don't think before they speak...

Comment

Working...
                                X