Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell is wrong with Tony Carter?!?!?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I think it's time to forgive.

He said something stupid. He later apologized without making excuses. We've all said tongue in cheek things that were stupid and wish we could have later taken back. I can remember something I said about 18 years ago that I still can't believe I said. I apologized and am thankful I was forgiven for it.

Let's put down the stones and forgive the guy. At least he's not making excuses.
    I would like to know what this comment was

And yeah, Ive said stupid stuff before. Mostly out of anger. I remember one thing I said, probably wont forget it in the near future, but was instantly sorry and still sorry for saying it.
    sigpic

Comment

This is exactly why the NFL should ban Twitter among the players, coaches and owners.
      Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
      sigpic

Comment

Dude I can't believe how hung up ppl get on things that absolutely do not matter

I can truly say if I'd lost anyone dear to me through that incident that his comment honestly wouldn't bother me one bit...

I'd be like "that's not funny" but purely because it's not funny, it's a dumb thing to say but it in no way is making fun of what happened to those ppl or insulting them

He simply made a bad joke basically saying "let's hope another maniac doesn't do what James Holmes did"

It wasn't funny but for anyone to make a big deal about this, like I said is putting their energy to pure waste...focus on something important

Comment

Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
          This is exactly why the NFL should ban Twitter among the players, coaches and owners.
          You cant ban it. Its called freedom of speech. They can only ban it during games. People have a right to speak their mind. It doesnt mean what they say is intelligent or pc. People just need to think before speaking and also the listener needs to learn forgiveness.

He admited that it was a dumb comment. It may have been to early, but people need to forgive and forget. I bet there are a lot of comments made about Michael Jackson dying and others that were sensative to some. Such is life!
          Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
            Dude I can't believe how hung up ppl get on things that absolutely do not matter

I can truly say if I'd lost anyone dear to me through that incident that his comment honestly wouldn't bother me one bit...

I'd be like "that's not funny" but purely because it's not funny, it's a dumb thing to say but it in no way is making fun of what happened to those ppl or insulting them

He simply made a bad joke basically saying "let's hope another maniac doesn't do what James Holmes did"

It wasn't funny but for anyone to make a big deal about this, like I said is putting their energy to pure waste...focus on something important
            It may not matter to you, but it sure as hell seems to matter to a lot of people that aren't you.

You should respect people's frustrations about this dumbassery.
            sigpic

Comment

Well if 58 people getting shot, and then people trying to make fun isnt important, then what is?

Seriously if thats not important then what is important to you? Because I could make an argument that being on a football message board isnt important either....
              Last edited by VenomousDB; 10-09-2012, 10:09 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                You cant ban it. Its called freedom of speech. They can only ban it during games. People have a right to speak their mind. It doesnt mean what they say is intelligent or pc. People just need to think before speaking and also the listener needs to learn forgiveness.

He admited that it was a dumb comment. It may have been to early, but people need to forgive and forget. I bet there are a lot of comments made about Michael Jackson dying and others that were sensative to some. Such is life!
                It's not banning freedom of speech, it's banning a product.

Do you think Carter would say something like this in front of a TV camera? He has every right to, but would he think twice about it?
                sigpic

Comment

Stop being stubborn, I truly believe that if you did lose someone in that shooting I think your opinion on this would be very different.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                    Well if 58 people getting shot, and then people trying to make fun isnt important, then what is?

Seriously if thats not important then what is important to you? Because I could make an argument that being on a football message board isnt important either....
                    It's not, very few things in life are actually important (and I'd say this to anyone mad at him who's related to the incident)

Let me put it this way, do you honestly think he doesn't feel very bad about what happened to those people at the theatre?

Do you honestly think that he wouldn't feel tremendous pain seeing those ppl in that situation when it's happening?

Do you honestly think he made this comment to in anyway degradade the ppl involved in this tragedy?

Or was he just trying to make a quick joke (made a stupid one yes, I understand) he prolly typed it real quick on his phone, not thinking anything of it n then realized how dumb it was soon after...

Does what he says on Twitter matter or change anything in anyone's life?!? No

He's gna get slapped upside the head by 53 players at his next practice telling him to be very careful about whatever he ever puts on Twitter n is gna hear from his coaches, probably Elway...and feel like a total idiot for a day or two because he made one silly comment not realizing it'd rub some the wrong way...what should we do with him next, stone him?

I do not understand how ppl get so caught up in this little silly stuff (NOT the incident, but the cmmt Carter made) so easily and then waste so much time and energy in it...like I said, FEW things in life are truly important ...I can honestly say this is not one

And that young girl from the incident... I'd GUARENTEE she's saying "Mom, plz don't waste your time on this, do something to make you smile or that's productive, don't freak out because some guy made a stupid joke that he prolly didn't mean in any sort of offensive way in the first place, what does it matter what he posts on his twitter"

And she'd be spot on...like I originally said, anyone putting energy into this silly comment (damn I'm doing it right now) is completely wasting their time/effort/energy on something that quite frankly, doesn't deserve it

Think about it...
                    Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 10-09-2012, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                      Stop being stubborn, I truly believe that if you did lose someone in that shooting I think your opinion on this would be very different.
                      It honestly wouldn't ...I'd probably say, "Jackass, you know how much crap you're gna get from this for absolutely no reason, why do that to yourself for NO reason or benefit" and think he's half idiot

But really, I'd know that he probably did not truly mean to offend anybody, and surely didn't mean to offend me or say the person I'd lost because he probably has no idea who they are

I really don't get caught up in stupid crap like this (except for right now surprisingly, only to stop ppl from wanting the man beat for days I guess)

Before I put ANY energy in this, I'd go say a prayer and try to talk to the loved one I'd lost and reminisce or do SOMETHING

I would never let Tony Carter rob me of my energy or mood, unless it's on the gridiron

That's just me, I think ppl get caught up wayyy too much over what somebody SAYS

In person being extremely rude..? That's totally different

A young athlete being stupid over Twitter..? Lol I have better things to worry about, no matter the circumstances
                      Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 10-09-2012, 10:33 AM.

Comment

At least the guy gave a sincere apology and didn't use the "my twitter got hacked" excuse like some cowards love to do. Cut him some slack guys...

Comment

It honestly wouldn't ...I'd probably say, "Jackass, you know how much crap you're gna get from this for absolutely no reason, why do that to yourself for NO reason or benefit" and think he's half idiot

But really, I'd know that he probably did not truly mean to offend anybody, and surely didn't mean to offend me or say the person I'd lost because he probably has no idea who they are

I really don't get caught up in stupid crap like this (except for right now surprisingly, only to stop ppl from wanting the man beat for days I guess)

Before I put ANY energy in this, I'd go say a prayer and try to talk to the loved one I'd lost and reminisce or do SOMETHING

I would never let Tony Carter rob me of my energy or mood, unless it's on the gridiron

That's just me, I think ppl get caught up wayyy too much over what somebody SAYS

In person being extremely rude..? That's totally different

A young athlete being stupid over Twitter..? Lol I have better things to worry about, no matter the circumstances
                          You're contradicting yourself by getting so caught up with people getting caught up in this situation. You're wasting your time and energy into something that is not important. You're getting caught up wayyy too much over what somebody else SAYS about this situation.

Think about it

Comment

Originally posted by COBronc78 View Post
                            You're contradicting yourself by getting so caught up with people getting caught up in this situation. You're wasting your time and energy into something that is not important. You're getting caught up wayyy too much over what somebody else SAYS about this situation.

Think about it
                            I know, but it's only cuz I don't wanna see ppl overreact but I do have 0 emotion vested in this ...and would even if I was directly related to it

A dumb joke over a twitter account is not worth it...

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                              This thing happened 3 months ago.... It's one thing to make jokes at something that happened years ago but this is way too soon. Period.
                              I disagree with this. Any joke involving a huge incident is usually in bad taste, but granted some people may have less vested so it may be more humorous. Because with this statement you are saying cracking 9/11 jokes isn't as bad as this because it was over a decade ago. I would even go as far as saying titanic jokes are usually in poor taste but people find them funny.

Different people have different taste in what they find funny and usually any major incident is going to have a higher number of people that don't agree with it. But it was meant to be light hearted, and he was sorry for saying it. There really isn't much here.

Adopted Broncos:
                              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                              Adopted posters:
                              Everyone

Comment

Can't believe he said that. And for anyone saying that he said it without thinking, that's not true. It wasn't a slip of the tongur. It was done on twitter which means he thought about what he was goinh to tweet, wrote it, and then pressed send. When something like that happens, especially in your own community, u dont joke about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X