bye bye Peyton....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bye bye Peyton....

What are the chances that if this kind of effort keeps being displayed by the team Peyton calls it a career at the end of the season?
    sigpic

Slim and none.

He's played like a top 5 QB, if not top 3 QB so far.

Barring injuries, he's not retiring.

He'll leave/retire on his terms.

Comment

This is not a frivolous person. He didn't do all that work to just give up. He knew what he was getting into and knew what his chances are of going all the way. He also knows how to overcome adversity and lead men

I just don't see Peyton Manning giving up - no way.

However I'm sure Sunday was disappointing for him
      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

No quit in that cat. No way. You guys are "stuck" with him until he's either broken in half or reaches the end of his contract.

I know.......sucks right?

C'mon guys, be patient. It took us several years to put the right people around him. I know he doesn't have that kind of time but it's a different dynamic now. Peyton knows what he wants and he's under the scope of people whom can and will get him what he needs.

This year may not be the SB run many had hoped for. There's still a great chance, sure, but most likely it's gonna be next season before it really takes seed.

Look for some serious weapons to be garnered next off-season. Both through FA and the draft, get that fella some high-end weaponry and you can see where it'll end up.

Denver's defense, as it stands now, is better IMO than any defense we've ever enjoyed here in Indy. I know you guys think the defense is the issue, but it's not.
        sigpic
        Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

I don't see it. Peyton knew he was not walking into a true contender. Peyton knows he makes a team a contender. I'm sure even Peyton knows that this league is about who makes the run and goes all the way.

He'll be back next year knowing that a year under his belt with this offense will make him a very dangerous man. My hopes each and every year is that we run the table. But, I honestly feel we have a much better shot next year.
          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

:thumb: Dissolve & Indy.

I think even if we were to win the Super Bowl this year, Peyton would still be playing ballcome the following year.
            HE>i

Comment

PM was brought in to beat teams like the Pats. If we can't figure out how to do that, this experiment is a failure.
              11/22/11

Comment

Originally posted by kingpins9 View Post
                PM was brought in to beat teams like the Pats. If we can't figure out how to do that, this experiment is a failure.
                Rome wasn't built in a day bro...
                sigpic

Comment

And we're not trying to build Rome. PM has 1 more season after this one. His passes are already 6mph off. Gotta get it done this year or next.
                  11/22/11

Comment

Let's not forget our D was also built to stop teams like the Pats. So far it's not working out very well for us...

Comment

peyton's going to play 3 or 4 more years after this.....
                      And for this year the broncos are fine, we can run the table and go 13-3.

Comment

Peyton has already made this a high-powered offence which will only get better after they cure their fumblitis.

He can easily play at this level for 4 more years touch wood.
                        All in for Siemian!

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixDread View Post
                          Let's not forget our D was also built to stop teams like the Pats. So far it's not working out very well for us...
                          While I dont disagree with you,we also need to keep someone as defensive coordinator consistently ...Having 7 defensive coordinators in 7 years isnt going to help the defense...This is the main reason,why our defense hasnt been good for a long time because we're always finding a defensive coordinator at the end of the season..

I thought the defense showed flashes of being good last year...
                          I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

We've lost 3 games convincingly but against the Falcons, Texans and Patriots...arguably the 3 best teams in the league!
                            After acquiring Peyton it was always going to be a learning curve and challenge what with the players getting to know new playbooks, coaches, a new QB and the ridiculous schedule we started with.

Things get slightly easier now, a win v SD is very important if we are to make any waves this season. But I see this team improving week by week. We just need to keep on top of mistakes and injuries and things will come good imho.

Peyton will be here next year and we will be in a much stronger place as well.

Comment

Peyton wasn't even close to the reason we lost to NE.

Comment

Working...
                              X