bye bye Peyton....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coco View Post
    What are the chances that if this kind of effort keeps being displayed by the team Peyton calls it a career at the end of the season?
    None. Peyton understands that (1) it's damned hard to get back to the Super Bowl and (2) it takes time to build the offense and defense to be where it needs to be and (3) there are no guarantees, only opportunities to compete for another ring. He's said he's not ready to hang it up yet and wants another chance at another SB ring.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixDread View Post
      Let's not forget our D was also built to stop teams like the Pats. So far it's not working out very well for us...
      Not yet it's not. We are still building our defense. We can't yet get a MLB that can both thump running backs AND cover TE's adequately. We are strong on one outside LB spot (and he's also still going through his learning curve) and we need to get DJ back to play solid on the other side. We are better in the middle but not good there yet, particularly on the DL.

No, we are BUILDING our defense to take on teams like the Pats. We aren't there yet. Remember that only two seasons ago we were the WORST defense in the NFL. You don't fix all that overnight or even in one season.
      You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

The Patriots have morphed, yet again. They now run the ball very effectively and stop the run very well. Back to old fashioned football for them.

One thing I have noticed when DBs are at the LOS on one receiver: what ever happened to line up inside, force the receiver outside, run hip to hip and turn to find the ball when the receiver does? That's what I expected Chris Harris to do against Wes Welker, but he didn't; Welker was allowed to run routes in the middle of the field. Lloyd victimized Bailey somewhat, too. It's basic technique for man coverage that isn't seen all that often recently.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I can tell this was a very well thought out post, keep it up :thumb:
          sigpic

Comment

OP, I would say the chances are just as likely as me sleeping with the four women in your sig
            My other love...
            sigpic
            305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

2-3 and the sky is falling.

Fox will be fired, Tony Dungy will be brought in and now it looks like Peyton is going to leave after this season.

Elway will probably trade away all of our talent and will be at the bottom of the league for the next 10 years.

Don't look at the fact that we lost to 3 of the best teams in the league. I wish we could've won and we should've but nevermind that. The season is over and we should gut the team.

Seriously...what is it with some of these fans?

Comment

Originally posted by coco View Post
                What are the chances that if this kind of effort keeps being displayed by the team Peyton calls it a career at the end of the season?
                He is currently ranked second in QB rating this season, infront of Matty Ice and Brady and a myriad of other elite guys.

I get the feeling we start getting it together in about 2 weeks. I think if we can sqeek out a in in San Diego which is very doable, and then steal one for the Saints- look at the rest of that schedule, outside of the Ravens on road which I think we lose, we could very well win out. Call me a homer, but if we stay healthy and begin to click, we could win the Divvy and be set up for a nice playoff run...
                A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

I'm very confident about October 21.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    I'm very confident about October 21.
                    Yeah so am I. Thats my bday
                    sigpic

Comment

Here is my understanding how the contract situation works.

1st year (this year) Manning gets 20 million in guaranteed money there only opt out is if his neck is injured. If he gets his leg broken etc, Manning still gets his money.
                      Next year Broncos FO have to make a decision to continue with Manning, if they do, they are on the hook for 40 mill over the next 2 years. Then their next opt opportunity will be after the 2014 season.

It really is a 3 year contract and I am sure that is how the Broncos look at it.

So far Manning only cost us one game, his interceptions in Atlanta. This team has so many deficiencies that Manning can not overcome them all.

We all have seen the potential with what this team can do, some of it will be on all cylinders within the next 3-4 weeks. The defense is still glaring. This team biggest issue is the linebacker core. No DJ and Mays being nothing more than an enforcer does not help the situation. I do not blame them for not signing Bunkley. Hunter, Warren would have made up for that, but of course Warren proved he really was too injury prone. Wolfe is a great pickup, I had really like that pick.

The only concern I have with Manning on the roster is his salary cap impact, but that is manageable

Yet this team is losing more due to mental errors (turnovers)than anything else. McGahee, Thomas killed us last Sunday. Atlanta was on Manning shoulders.

I am giving the first 8 games a pass and I think most fans should also. Let the team grow together. Also let Manning improve (1.5 years of rust and sometimes it still shows). I really do believe in the end this team will win the division and from their on anything is a go.
                      sigpic

Comment

The Patriots have morphed, yet again. They now run the ball very effectively and stop the run very well. Back to old fashioned football for them.

One thing I have noticed when DBs are at the LOS on one receiver: what ever happened to line up inside, force the receiver outside, run hip to hip and turn to find the ball when the receiver does? That's what I expected Chris Harris to do against Wes Welker, but he didn't; Welker was allowed to run routes in the middle of the field. Lloyd victimized Bailey somewhat, too. It's basic technique for man coverage that isn't seen all that often recently.
                        Very good point. Found myself thinking about this Sunday

As a player growing up all I heard was force the receiver outside or don't let him cross your face without redirecting him. Frustrating to watch us fail at that this past weekend
                        Don't give up... Don't ever give up

Comment

Originally posted by Chronic_Toker View Post
                          OP, I would say the chances are just as likely as me sleeping with the four women in your sig
                          Sleeping??????

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                            Yeah so am I. Thats my bday
                            Well, Happy Birthday in advance. With no Bronco game that day, you will be able to concentrate ... on your cake and presents.

Comment

Do you lay blame on Schematic strategy for the loss in New England or mistakes by the players -mainly- ? I know there is some of both, but what do you pin the reasons for this loss on, Sam?
                              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by psychobilly View Post
                                Sleeping??????
                                euphemism

Comment

Working...
                                X