bye bye Peyton....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coco View Post
    Ok guys..maybe I didnt explain my thought completely.

I just see a VERY VERY stressed and disappointed Manning, you can go through the motions in your head all you want but once you are on the field and see the effort of the rest of team can you make up your mind about the situation.

I see him very stressed.
    Who do you think he is? Some sort of crybaby?

I think it's pretty safe to say that after so many years watching how he works, he's going to be mad and anxious to kick some butt.

Stressed lol... who wouldn't be stressed after a loss?
    All in for Siemian!

Comment

Peyton looks darn good! He looks like he has 3or4 more good seasons! We are all set at QB for awhile!

Comment

Originally posted by kingpins9 View Post
        PM was brought in to beat teams like the Pats. If we can't figure out how to do that, this experiment is a failure.
        Really?, what was the playoff score last yr with Patriots - 45 - 10

This year - 31-21.

35 points difference to 10 points. If we didnt have 3 turnover, we are talking something different.

Moreover, its funny you make it sound like Denver lost the game coz of Peyton. Just keep in mind Pats didnt win because of Brady either. They ran for 220 yards, Brady has nothing to do with it. All the turnovers, Brady has nothing to do with it. Oh wait, Cardinals beat the Pats, so Kevin Kolb is better than Brady now?.

Dude, its a team game. Think before making those statements ( if you can ).

Comment

Its a team game, if the team doesn't step up Peyton cant do anything, receivers need to catch, backs need to hold the ball, defense need to stop 3rd and long and peyton should play his game.

Peyton said all the right thing to the media, i am sure he blasted the players closed doors

Comment

Originally posted by ManningForLife View Post
            Its a team game, if the team doesn't step up Peyton cant do anything, receivers need to catch, backs need to hold the ball, defense need to stop 3rd and long and peyton should play his game.

Peyton said all the right thing to the media, i am sure he blasted the players closed doors
            Hmmm. Another player fan.

Where were you when Peyton put us in a hole with 3 picks in the ATL game? Was that everyone else's fault too?

What about the countless times when we get the ball to start that half, only to run 5 plays and have to punt the ball to teams with great offenses (HOU and NE)?

You're right, it is a team game. Which means that although Peyton puts up some pretty stats, it would be nice if he showed up in the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
              You're right, it is a team game. Which means that although Peyton puts up some pretty stats, it would be nice if he showed up in the first half.
              You need to watch that first drive of the NE game again. .....and then the second one....and a bunch more.
              sigpic
              Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

Originally posted by kingpins9 View Post
                And we're not trying to build Rome. PM has 1 more season after this one. His passes are already 6mph off. Gotta get it done this year or next.
                They aren't 6 mph off according to anyone relevant measuring it.

Besides, just take a look at his numbers. After 600+ days away from the game and 4 surgeries, he's already top 3 in the NFL in most categories this year. That means he's doing the best job possible among QB's. No one else would be faring better with this cast. NO ONE. He's having no problem "beating the Patriots." 350+ yards and 3 TD's with no turnovers means Peyton's doing what he was brought in to do. Let's see you refute that.

What didn't happen was the same kind of effort from the rest of the team. Giving up 18+ on 3rd down...to a RUN PLAY??? Fumbling in the red zone, fumbling after a huge gain, dropping open passes for first downs, missed tackles with a chance to stop a receiver in his tracks...

How much of that last paragraph is on Peyton?

I want you to seriously respond to these questions. Don't deflect, ignore, or divert as you are often prone to.

Comment

Turnovers isn't the only thing killing this offense. It's convenient to say, but it's not the case.

I really like Peyton, which is why it sucks to have to fend off his rabid Colt fan supporters who think us not being able to score in the first half has NOTHING to do with him.

It could have something to do with having to dink and dunk our way down the field all game, which leaves a lot of room for error. What happened to the Peyton Manning pass down the seam (DT's post route not withstanding)? What happened to the famed smash corner? What happened to the pump-fake, double move to the outside receiver?

We see this stuff, but it's not until we're out of the game and are having to come back. It's hard to get an early lead when you're throwing 3 yard flat routes and 5 yard drags in the first half.

Sure, our receivers need to hold onto the ball and we need to play better on 3rd down. But refusing to attribute any of the offense's first half struggles to the QB is asinine and ignorant.

Comment

Hmmm. Another player fan.

Where were you when Peyton put us in a hole with 3 picks in the ATL game? Was that everyone else's fault too?

What about the countless times when we get the ball to start that half, only to run 5 plays and have to punt the ball to teams with great offenses (HOU and NE)?

Hummm.. another clueless post. Tebow is in NY.. FYI. Another 'player fan'.. LMAO
                    PROUND MEMBER OF THE MILE HIGH MANNING FIVEHEAD FAN CLUB! MEMBER #101!

Comment

I dont think Peyton could have a better boss than Elway, if it's true that he's frustrated about the beginning of the season. Who better to sympathize & "pep-talk" with a QB lacking talent around him, than Elway? He knows what it's like to struggle & he's knows that getting a strong supporting cast around him is paramount to our success as a team.

I don't think PM is mentally fragile. I don't think he lets emotion drive him to careless choices in life. He will exhibit patience and allow Elway & Co to build around him for as long as it takes or until his body defies him, whichever comes 1st.
                      "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

I really like Peyton, which is why it sucks to have to fend off his rabid Colt fan supporters who think us not being able to score in the first half has NOTHING to do with him.
                        In another thread (I realize you likely didn't see it) I clearly suggested that Manning may be holding back to begin the game in order to run the more paced offense that he's being handed. At some point he's abandoning it and going with his way, and things improve immediately. So I give him some culpability there, he needs to step-up and take charge.

@ ATL....He clearly shot his team in the foot.

I realize you have a disdain for "player fans". I am a rabid Colts fan first, but Manning has garnered my unending support. Denver fans realize this as much as anybody after having the pleasure of John Elway's leadership. I don't suppose I would have to describe what it was like to have PM suddenly fired from my team?
                        sigpic
                        Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

I'm glad Peyton Manning is quarterbacking the Broncos. I hope I get to see this for years.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Indy View Post
                            I don't suppose I would have to describe what it was like to have PM suddenly fired from my team?

A nu...er....gut shot of the highest order, I have no doubt. I was outraged to see Cutler leave town (as I am with pretty much any player...where could they possibly go better than here?!?!?)...I can only imagine what it must have been like to lose the face of your team like that. I almost feel like I should send you a Hallmark card (instead I just wont bust your chops for being a player fan)
                            "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Trench777 View Post
                              I can only imagine what it must have been like to lose the face of your team like that. I almost feel like I should send you a Hallmark card (instead I just wont bust your chops for being a player fan)
                              lol....well I'll check my mailbox for my Best Wishes card. Just to make myself crystal......I would not be so supportive if Manning had chosen Tennessee. I was absolutely ecstatic that he chose Denver, a team that I was well behind back in the Elway days.

I may not bleed orange but I am most certainly behind this team 100%.
                              sigpic
                              Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Indy View Post
                                I may not bleed orange but I am most certainly behind this team 100%.
                                In that case, may the wind be atcher back & the sun onyer face cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X