Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronic_Toker
    replied
    OP, I would say the chances are just as likely as me sleeping with the four women in your sig

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    I can tell this was a very well thought out post, keep it up :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    The Patriots have morphed, yet again. They now run the ball very effectively and stop the run very well. Back to old fashioned football for them.

One thing I have noticed when DBs are at the LOS on one receiver: what ever happened to line up inside, force the receiver outside, run hip to hip and turn to find the ball when the receiver does? That's what I expected Chris Harris to do against Wes Welker, but he didn't; Welker was allowed to run routes in the middle of the field. Lloyd victimized Bailey somewhat, too. It's basic technique for man coverage that isn't seen all that often recently.

Leave a comment:

• rogue719
    replied
    Originally posted by PhoenixDread View Post
    Let's not forget our D was also built to stop teams like the Pats. So far it's not working out very well for us...
    Not yet it's not. We are still building our defense. We can't yet get a MLB that can both thump running backs AND cover TE's adequately. We are strong on one outside LB spot (and he's also still going through his learning curve) and we need to get DJ back to play solid on the other side. We are better in the middle but not good there yet, particularly on the DL.

No, we are BUILDING our defense to take on teams like the Pats. We aren't there yet. Remember that only two seasons ago we were the WORST defense in the NFL. You don't fix all that overnight or even in one season.

Leave a comment:

• rogue719
    replied
    Originally posted by coco View Post
    What are the chances that if this kind of effort keeps being displayed by the team Peyton calls it a career at the end of the season?
    None. Peyton understands that (1) it's damned hard to get back to the Super Bowl and (2) it takes time to build the offense and defense to be where it needs to be and (3) there are no guarantees, only opportunities to compete for another ring. He's said he's not ready to hang it up yet and wants another chance at another SB ring.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by kingpins9 View Post
    PM was brought in to beat teams like the Pats. If we can't figure out how to do that, this experiment is a failure.
    Peyton wasn't even close to the reason we lost to NE.

Leave a comment:

• el capitan
    replied
    We've lost 3 games convincingly but against the Falcons, Texans and Patriots...arguably the 3 best teams in the league!
    After acquiring Peyton it was always going to be a learning curve and challenge what with the players getting to know new playbooks, coaches, a new QB and the ridiculous schedule we started with.

Things get slightly easier now, a win v SD is very important if we are to make any waves this season. But I see this team improving week by week. We just need to keep on top of mistakes and injuries and things will come good imho.

Peyton will be here next year and we will be in a much stronger place as well.

Leave a comment:

• assassin216
    replied
    Originally posted by PhoenixDread View Post
    Let's not forget our D was also built to stop teams like the Pats. So far it's not working out very well for us...
    While I dont disagree with you,we also need to keep someone as defensive coordinator consistently ...Having 7 defensive coordinators in 7 years isnt going to help the defense...This is the main reason,why our defense hasnt been good for a long time because we're always finding a defensive coordinator at the end of the season..

I thought the defense showed flashes of being good last year...

Leave a comment:

• AdamWeberOrBust
    replied
    Peyton has already made this a high-powered offence which will only get better after they cure their fumblitis.

He can easily play at this level for 4 more years touch wood.

Leave a comment:

• TheSheriff
    replied
    peyton's going to play 3 or 4 more years after this.....
    And for this year the broncos are fine, we can run the table and go 13-3.

Leave a comment:

• PhoenixDread
    replied
    PM was brought in to beat teams like the Pats. If we can't figure out how to do that, this experiment is a failure.

Leave a comment:

• kingpins9
    replied
    And we're not trying to build Rome. PM has 1 more season after this one. His passes are already 6mph off. Gotta get it done this year or next.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Rome wasn't built in a day bro...

Leave a comment:

• kingpins9
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Broncoboy6
    replied
    :thumb: Dissolve & Indy.

I think even if we were to win the Super Bowl this year, Peyton would still be playing ballcome the following year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X