bye bye Peyton....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coco View Post
    Ok guys..maybe I didnt explain my thought completely.

I just see a VERY VERY stressed and disappointed Manning, you can go through the motions in your head all you want but once you are on the field and see the effort of the rest of team can you make up your mind about the situation.

I see him very stressed.
    Even so if he is stressed, he isn't going to retire at the end of the year especially since he's still playing at a very, very high level.

Comment

I think when Peyton took us on that long and glorious longest thread ever tour (decision lol), that he was doing his homework and looking at who was where, as far as teams and chance to win, but also how they could continue to improve. I think he understood that there some things that were going to be an issue early.

Things I think peyton looked into were,

1. Offensive line, we have a very solid line no matter what the nay sayers say, and i think he understood that this is still somewhat a work in progress specially knowing that kuper is out with injury.

2. receiving corps, again we have a solid Corps of receivers, that with some fixes could be very good. Also he probably watched film and realized these guys did not get to catch a ball from a great QB, Tim was serviceable, and Orton a bit better but nothing that really helps a young receiver develop, and I think he had the confidence that he could help develop these young guys that could end up being studs for years. You notice he doesn't yell and scream when they drop the ball or fumble he stands by them and keep giving them opportunities. He reminds me of Joe montana in this form, the difference between montana and Marino was when Joe's guys dropped a ball he went right back to them and kept their confidence, Marino was literally constantly screaming at people if they made a mistake.

3. I think he looked at the front office and knew that Elway truly has a horse in the race so to speak. He is not like other gms where they are hired on from other teams due to success or what not he is a BRONCO for LIFE. And he wears that on his sleeve like a badge. I think Peyton saw that Elways was and is committed to this team and truly wants glory to return to this wonderful sports town that supported him even when he made boneheaded plays. (I know we all cussed him when he did but we still loved him lol)

I think Peyton is here until his body or the team tell him he is no longer going to be. And i think like with Indy he will continue to try to bring this team to a level of competitiveness that we may see a super bowl in our near future.
      GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
      sigpic

Comment

I just see a VERY VERY stressed and disappointed Manning, you can go through the motions in your head all you want but once you are on the field and see the effort of the rest of team can you make up your mind about the situation.

I see him very stressed.
        There is no difference between his behavior now and his behavior in the first half of the 2008 season when he was coming off of a bursa sac surgery. There was rust, both from him and his timing-predicated offensive weapons. They started the season @ 3-4 and then reeled off a 9 game win streak. The next season witnessed their highly controversial decision to rest their starters and not go for the undefeated season that seemed all but an after thought (still hotly debated in Indy to this day), making the SB only to lose to a red-hot NO team.

He is not stressed. He is unaccepting of failure and this bodes well for all of Denver's fanbase. That's fire and competitiveness.
        Last edited by ruksak; 10-10-2012, 12:06 PM.
        sigpic
        Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

I see him very stressed.
          Sometimes I wonder if some of the posters around here have ever watched Peyton play before, or if they just post whatever random thoughts come to their head.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
            Sometimes I wonder if some of the posters around here have ever watched Peyton play before, or if they just post whatever random thoughts come to their head.
            I'll take:
            'Random thoughts coming to their heads..'
            For $100 bucks
            PROUND MEMBER OF THE MILE HIGH MANNING FIVEHEAD FAN CLUB! MEMBER #101!

Comment

Working...
            X