X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRONCOLT
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if some of the posters around here have ever watched Peyton play before, or if they just post whatever random thoughts come to their head.
    I'll take:
    'Random thoughts coming to their heads..'
    For $100 bucks

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by coco View Post
    Ok guys..maybe I didnt explain my thought completely.

I just see a VERY VERY stressed and disappointed Manning, you can go through the motions in your head all you want but once you are on the field and see the effort of the rest of team can you make up your mind about the situation.

I see him very stressed.
    Sometimes I wonder if some of the posters around here have ever watched Peyton play before, or if they just post whatever random thoughts come to their head.

Leave a comment:

• ruksak
    replied

I just see a VERY VERY stressed and disappointed Manning, you can go through the motions in your head all you want but once you are on the field and see the effort of the rest of team can you make up your mind about the situation.

I see him very stressed.
    There is no difference between his behavior now and his behavior in the first half of the 2008 season when he was coming off of a bursa sac surgery. There was rust, both from him and his timing-predicated offensive weapons. They started the season @ 3-4 and then reeled off a 9 game win streak. The next season witnessed their highly controversial decision to rest their starters and not go for the undefeated season that seemed all but an after thought (still hotly debated in Indy to this day), making the SB only to lose to a red-hot NO team.

He is not stressed. He is unaccepting of failure and this bodes well for all of Denver's fanbase. That's fire and competitiveness.
    Last edited by ruksak; 10-10-2012, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• duhyaj
    replied
    I think when Peyton took us on that long and glorious longest thread ever tour (decision lol), that he was doing his homework and looking at who was where, as far as teams and chance to win, but also how they could continue to improve. I think he understood that there some things that were going to be an issue early.

Things I think peyton looked into were,

1. Offensive line, we have a very solid line no matter what the nay sayers say, and i think he understood that this is still somewhat a work in progress specially knowing that kuper is out with injury.

2. receiving corps, again we have a solid Corps of receivers, that with some fixes could be very good. Also he probably watched film and realized these guys did not get to catch a ball from a great QB, Tim was serviceable, and Orton a bit better but nothing that really helps a young receiver develop, and I think he had the confidence that he could help develop these young guys that could end up being studs for years. You notice he doesn't yell and scream when they drop the ball or fumble he stands by them and keep giving them opportunities. He reminds me of Joe montana in this form, the difference between montana and Marino was when Joe's guys dropped a ball he went right back to them and kept their confidence, Marino was literally constantly screaming at people if they made a mistake.

3. I think he looked at the front office and knew that Elway truly has a horse in the race so to speak. He is not like other gms where they are hired on from other teams due to success or what not he is a BRONCO for LIFE. And he wears that on his sleeve like a badge. I think Peyton saw that Elways was and is committed to this team and truly wants glory to return to this wonderful sports town that supported him even when he made boneheaded plays. (I know we all cussed him when he did but we still loved him lol)

I think Peyton is here until his body or the team tell him he is no longer going to be. And i think like with Indy he will continue to try to bring this team to a level of competitiveness that we may see a super bowl in our near future.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied

I see him very stressed.
    Even so if he is stressed, he isn't going to retire at the end of the year especially since he's still playing at a very, very high level.

Leave a comment:

• Trench777
    replied
    Originally posted by Indy View Post
    I may not bleed orange but I am most certainly behind this team 100%.
    In that case, may the wind be atcher back & the sun onyer face cheers!

Leave a comment:

• ruksak
    replied
    Originally posted by Trench777 View Post
    I can only imagine what it must have been like to lose the face of your team like that. I almost feel like I should send you a Hallmark card (instead I just wont bust your chops for being a player fan)
    lol....well I'll check my mailbox for my Best Wishes card. Just to make myself crystal......I would not be so supportive if Manning had chosen Tennessee. I was absolutely ecstatic that he chose Denver, a team that I was well behind back in the Elway days.

I may not bleed orange but I am most certainly behind this team 100%.

Leave a comment:

• Trench777
    replied
    Originally posted by Indy View Post
    I don't suppose I would have to describe what it was like to have PM suddenly fired from my team?

A nu...er....gut shot of the highest order, I have no doubt. I was outraged to see Cutler leave town (as I am with pretty much any player...where could they possibly go better than here?!?!?)...I can only imagine what it must have been like to lose the face of your team like that. I almost feel like I should send you a Hallmark card (instead I just wont bust your chops for being a player fan)

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    I'm glad Peyton Manning is quarterbacking the Broncos. I hope I get to see this for years.

Leave a comment:

• ruksak
    replied
    Originally posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
    I really like Peyton, which is why it sucks to have to fend off his rabid Colt fan supporters who think us not being able to score in the first half has NOTHING to do with him.
    In another thread (I realize you likely didn't see it) I clearly suggested that Manning may be holding back to begin the game in order to run the more paced offense that he's being handed. At some point he's abandoning it and going with his way, and things improve immediately. So I give him some culpability there, he needs to step-up and take charge.

@ ATL....He clearly shot his team in the foot.

I realize you have a disdain for "player fans". I am a rabid Colts fan first, but Manning has garnered my unending support. Denver fans realize this as much as anybody after having the pleasure of John Elway's leadership. I don't suppose I would have to describe what it was like to have PM suddenly fired from my team?

Leave a comment:

• Trench777
    replied
    I dont think Peyton could have a better boss than Elway, if it's true that he's frustrated about the beginning of the season. Who better to sympathize & "pep-talk" with a QB lacking talent around him, than Elway? He knows what it's like to struggle & he's knows that getting a strong supporting cast around him is paramount to our success as a team.

I don't think PM is mentally fragile. I don't think he lets emotion drive him to careless choices in life. He will exhibit patience and allow Elway & Co to build around him for as long as it takes or until his body defies him, whichever comes 1st.

Leave a comment:

• BRONCOLT
    replied
    Hmmm. Another player fan.

Where were you when Peyton put us in a hole with 3 picks in the ATL game? Was that everyone else's fault too?

What about the countless times when we get the ball to start that half, only to run 5 plays and have to punt the ball to teams with great offenses (HOU and NE)?

You're right, it is a team game. Which means that although Peyton puts up some pretty stats, it would be nice if he showed up in the first half.
    Hummm.. another clueless post. Tebow is in NY.. FYI. Another 'player fan'.. LMAO

Leave a comment:

• IBeWriteGood
    replied
    Turnovers isn't the only thing killing this offense. It's convenient to say, but it's not the case.

I really like Peyton, which is why it sucks to have to fend off his rabid Colt fan supporters who think us not being able to score in the first half has NOTHING to do with him.

It could have something to do with having to dink and dunk our way down the field all game, which leaves a lot of room for error. What happened to the Peyton Manning pass down the seam (DT's post route not withstanding)? What happened to the famed smash corner? What happened to the pump-fake, double move to the outside receiver?

We see this stuff, but it's not until we're out of the game and are having to come back. It's hard to get an early lead when you're throwing 3 yard flat routes and 5 yard drags in the first half.

Sure, our receivers need to hold onto the ball and we need to play better on 3rd down. But refusing to attribute any of the offense's first half struggles to the QB is asinine and ignorant.

Leave a comment:

• Doogansquest
    replied
    Originally posted by kingpins9 View Post
    And we're not trying to build Rome. PM has 1 more season after this one. His passes are already 6mph off. Gotta get it done this year or next.
    They aren't 6 mph off according to anyone relevant measuring it.

Besides, just take a look at his numbers. After 600+ days away from the game and 4 surgeries, he's already top 3 in the NFL in most categories this year. That means he's doing the best job possible among QB's. No one else would be faring better with this cast. NO ONE. He's having no problem "beating the Patriots." 350+ yards and 3 TD's with no turnovers means Peyton's doing what he was brought in to do. Let's see you refute that.

What didn't happen was the same kind of effort from the rest of the team. Giving up 18+ on 3rd down...to a RUN PLAY??? Fumbling in the red zone, fumbling after a huge gain, dropping open passes for first downs, missed tackles with a chance to stop a receiver in his tracks...

How much of that last paragraph is on Peyton?

I want you to seriously respond to these questions. Don't deflect, ignore, or divert as you are often prone to.

Leave a comment:

• ruksak
    replied
    You're right, it is a team game. Which means that although Peyton puts up some pretty stats, it would be nice if he showed up in the first half.
    You need to watch that first drive of the NE game again. .....and then the second one....and a bunch more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X