3 fumbles in 3 games by DT, give me some history here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
    I think its just been a few mental errors on his part. He didn't protect the ball. I don't think it has anything to do with his ability to hang onto the ball.
    Wait what?

Fumbling the ball 3 games in a row is pretty much the epitome of not being able to hold onto the ball
    Last edited by VenomousDB; 10-09-2012, 03:00 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
      Osweiler should practice throwing bombs to him in pregame followed by two corners and a safety pulling at the ball. JK...not really

Point is once he screws up he seems good for the rest of the game.
      There are many oppertunities in TC/preseason to practice stripping the ball. probably not so many now...which is why I suggested it in TC/Preseason
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

The main concern here is you'd think he'd emphasize that, but he didn't. The team as a whole doesn't do the little things well, and that's what's concerning here.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Seems like the RBs coach needs to have some time with him and teach him how to hold onto the ball when running but then again, it didn't help McGahee in that game either.

Comment

The Houston hook and ladder last second "fumble" should not count.

Yes, they are frustrating but things happen...and unfortunately they've happened two games in a row for DT. Nothing to be concerned about imo. This offense is just finding their way and DT is gonna be a huge part of it. Get your popcorn ready!
            " A kickers success is dependent upon his teams failure"...by SorryAss ChargerFans

Comment

Eventually, some of the fumbles we're having are going to bounce our way. It's unheard of to have 7 fumbles and to lose all of them.

That said, I do hope DT can secure the ball better --- which, like Sam said, is totally doable. I'm just stoked to see him finally getting ahold of the game and being able to consistently get open. Sometimes, you have to sacrifice drops/WTH moments with a big play guy. At least one who's in his first true year being "the guy."

Comment

I'm morbidly curious to see how many games in a row he'd have to utterly kill momentum with fumbles before people would quit defending him.

I hope I don't have to find out. Hold onto the damn ball, DT.
                "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Go, team, go!!
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
                    Eventually, some of the fumbles we're having are going to bounce our way. It's unheard of to have 7 fumbles and to lose all of them.

That said, I do hope DT can secure the ball better --- which, like Sam said, is totally doable. I'm just stoked to see him finally getting ahold of the game and being able to consistently get open. Sometimes, you have to sacrifice drops/WTH moments with a big play guy. At least one who's in his first true year being "the guy."
                    On defense it's just as bad, we've forced 5 fumbles, yet have only recovered 2 of them. That means this season, both offense and defense combined, the ball has been fumbled 12 times, yet we've only managed to come up with it twice. Is the ball just not bouncing our way, or are we not good at swarming the ball when its on the ground?

Interceptions aren't any better, only 2 so far this season for a grand total of 4 turnovers. The defense HAS to be better at getting turnovers, its that simple. We recover a few more fumbles, we hold onto a couple more dropped interceptions, and this seasons record would be completely different at this point.

Comment

The NE one was unlucky but man he looked slow after he caught the ball. It was perfect in stride but he looked as if he was jogging to the house.

As everyone has said it was a good play by the DB, Larry Fitzgerald got caught with his trousers down on nearly the exact same thing a few years back but I would never say Fits has ball security issues. It's not easy unless you've got two hands covering the ball to protect from an outright swipe from behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Trench777 View Post
                        I'm morbidly curious to see how many games in a row he'd have to utterly kill momentum with fumbles before people would quit defending him.

I hope I don't have to find out. Hold onto the damn ball, DT.
                        2nd leading WR in the NFL

Haters gna hate loll

Comment

Tiki Barber had same issue it worked out well for him.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                            2nd leading WR in the NFL

Haters gna hate loll
                            Alligators gonna alligate
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                              Alligators gonna alligate
                              My real question to ppl who hate on DT and talk crap is "What would you like us to do?" Get rid of our only big weapon on offense?? Lol

DT is the ONLY person on our offense not named PM that DC's worry about

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                                My real question to ppl who hate on DT and talk crap is "What would you like us to do?" Get rid of our only big weapon on offense?? Lol

DT is the ONLY person on our offense not named PM that DC's worry about
                                Haha I dont know, Ive never said that. I love me some DT, except for the way he handles the ball. He shouldve learned how to carry that ball a long time ago! He will learn though.

Potatoes gonna potate
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X