Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning2BayBay
    replied
    I hope this does not become the achilles heel of the team, like you said,we hold on to or recover ,

the score and game could be a totally diff outcome,

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    On defense it's just as bad, we've forced 5 fumbles, yet have only recovered 2 of them. That means this season, both offense and defense combined, the ball has been fumbled 12 times, yet we've only managed to come up with it twice. Is the ball just not bouncing our way, or are we not good at swarming the ball when its on the ground?

Interceptions aren't any better, only 2 so far this season for a grand total of 4 turnovers. The defense HAS to be better at getting turnovers, its that simple. We recover a few more fumbles, we hold onto a couple more dropped interceptions, and this seasons record would be completely different at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by Manning2BayBay View Post
    if both of them had awareness to be quicker than the other team to get the ball back, once its on the ground , you follow it and try to fall on it
    Like I said earlier in this thread, 12 fumbles have hit the ground on both offense and defense this season, yet we've only recovered 2 of them. This team needs to find a way to come up with some of these fumbles.

Leave a comment:

• Manning2BayBay
    replied
    if both of them had awareness to be quicker than the other team to get the ball back, once its on the ground , you follow it and try to fall on it

Leave a comment:

• AdamWeberOrBust
    replied
    Originally posted by AdamWeberOrBust View Post
    What I hate is that throughout the season everyone has been praising him but he has one bad game and everyone treats him like Knowshow Moreno.

Sure it's a problem but I have no qualms if he keeps producing like he has been doing all season!

Willis McGahee has had only ONE fumble so far this season that cost the game and it was against the Patriots. He had his only other fumble this season against the Steelers which didn't make much difference in the end much like the DT Raider fumble.

I know people like to dog down players especially after a loss but to put players that have produced more than most of the whole offence is a bit silly.

How many times this season have we seen Willis power his way to a first down when another RB might not have?

Okay I admit I was disappointed when he fumbled the ball in the 4th but to be perfectly honest I'm more disappointed that they couldn't stop a running play on third and 17.

Willis and DT have produced good games so far so I'm not going to judge them on one crappy game. It's stupid.
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    I know what you're saying

But I'm just gonna add in, you can't excuse a very costly fumble in the PIT game because we won the game...he also fumbled at a critical moment in the playoff game last year vs PIT

He's fumbled far too much and the worst part is he's done it at the worst possible times

Yeah we won those games but NE's costs us...

I like McGahee but I hate the feeling I get when he runs n really wish he'd hang onto the ball better
    I agree that when he fumbles, he fumbles in the worst time possible but he does more good than bad. He's played some really good football since he's been in Denver and I'm not losing faith.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    That's kinda how I used to feel everytime Jake Plummer dropped back, excited to see what happens but nervous he's going to toss an INT..... I hate that feeling, I like having confidence in our players and my confidence in willis is at the moment shaken.
    I hear ya loud and clear, use to feel the same way about Jake, n currently feel that way about Willis

Leave a comment:

• Trench777
    replied
    I'm morbidly curious how many people who get on a message board and trash players on the team they support even watch the games with their own freaking eyes before making their rash judgements. I mean don't get me wrong, some players deserve the judgements thrown at them but seriously...some of you people make mountains outta molehills.
    & I remain curious about how many killed drives it might take for "some of you people" to call it a mountain. As previously stated, I hope I dont find out.

Love DT. When he doesnt fumble the ball. When he fumbles I curse loudly at him. Really doubt that'll ever change...Elway got the sharp side of my tongue on many occasions & he's none the worse for wear. Glad the players dont take critisism to heart as some fans seem to, LOL.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    What I hate is that throughout the season everyone has been praising him but he has one bad game and everyone treats him like Knowshow Moreno.

Sure it's a problem but I have no qualms if he keeps producing like he has been doing all season!

Willis McGahee has had only ONE fumble so far this season that cost the game and it was against the Patriots. He had his only other fumble this season against the Steelers which didn't make much difference in the end much like the DT Raider fumble.

I know people like to dog down players especially after a loss but to put players that have produced more than most of the whole offence is a bit silly.

How many times this season have we seen Willis power his way to a first down when another RB might not have?

Okay I admit I was disappointed when he fumbled the ball in the 4th but to be perfectly honest I'm more disappointed that they couldn't stop a running play on third and 17.

Willis and DT have produced good games so far so I'm not going to judge them on one crappy game. It's stupid.
    I know what you're saying

But I'm just gonna add in, you can't excuse a very costly fumble in the PIT game because we won the game...he also fumbled at a critical moment in the playoff game last year vs PIT

He's fumbled far too much and the worst part is he's done it at the worst possible times

Yeah we won those games but NE's costs us...

I like McGahee but I hate the feeling I get when he runs n really wish he'd hang onto the ball better

Leave a comment:

• Trench777
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Wow, some of the stuff posted on here today.

What's your genius plan then? Bench DT for WIllis or Caldwell? Lol, that'll make the team soooo much better.
    Good grief, some of y'all could use a nap. Curious where any of you read "get rid of DT" into my post, but I dont really care.

Hold onto the damn ball, DT. Thats my genuis plan.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Well McGahee has fumbled like 4x in HUGE situations, so he really has to knock it off

DT does too but McGahee's have been worse...if not for the horribly timed fumbles from McGahee I'd really really like him, and I do like him, but I'm always nervous when he has the ball and I hate that feeling
    That's kinda how I used to feel everytime Jake Plummer dropped back, excited to see what happens but nervous he's going to toss an INT..... I hate that feeling, I like having confidence in our players and my confidence in willis is at the moment shaken.

Leave a comment:

• AdamWeberOrBust
    replied
    Well McGahee has fumbled like 4x in HUGE situations, so he really has to knock it off

DT does too but McGahee's have been worse...if not for the horribly timed fumbles from McGahee I'd really really like him, and I do like him, but I'm always nervous when he has the ball and I hate that feeling

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    I know right?

DT is having a breakout season where he's on pace for 1000+ yards but I guess people have to criticize someone.

Same with McGahee! He's been rushing really well considering his age but has one bad game and he's Knowshon Moreno.

Ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by RazR View Post
    Very frustrating to see him fumble late in the game against the Pats... but really, if there is anything we should be really upset with it was our pathetic defense.
    Oh don't get me wrong....they are all on my crap list too...I'm just not as willing to defend Willis right now as I am DT. I don't see DT's recent fumbles as being as big of an overall deal. I'm not one of those fans however that just starts hating someone blindly and never stops so willis can easily get off my crap list by simply doing his job... DT I'm not overly worried about, he made up for it in my mind pretty quickly with his amazing one handed catch on the very next drive.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    win as a team/lose as a team

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    Originally posted by muse View Post
    Prostates gonna prostrate.
    Exactly my friend

Leave a comment:

• RazR
    replied
    He's still on my craplist for now...I'm not pissed enough to change my avy but he better knock that crap off...things happen but my frustration towards him is slightly higher than my frustration towards DT.
    Very frustrating to see him fumble late in the game against the Pats... but really, if there is anything we should be really upset with it was our pathetic defense.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X