Does Romo have a point???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Romo have a point???

Listening to the Bill Romonowski interview on Les & JoJo and he ranted about how Fox needs to take the reigns back on offense and go conservative like last year. I believe he has a point, more base packages might be the way to go in terms of complimentary football...even though our offense is already effective... Your thoughts??

link please!

thx
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Peyton Manning has an absolutely terrific play fake, why we don't set him up to use it is beyond me. I don't think Manning should have to throw it 40+ times for us to win. McGahee can still carry the ball 20-25 times a game and produce exceptionally well. Plus our WRs are more suited for a play-action pass. Decker can then find a hole in the defense as can Stokley and Thomas can beat the secondary over the top even if they don't bite on the fake. Tamme is athletic enough to get open against a LB and if they bite he'd have a lot of room to run with.

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
        link please!

thx
        This ^^^. Lets see a link.
        sigpic

Comment

http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...c=740&f=199321

its under les and jojo

Comment

No...

Let Manning throw all day

The game is a passing game...other than negating pass rush and obviously the other small benefits, I almost feel like running the ball is so damn useless when you have a Peyton Manning back there who can pick up at least 4-5 yards every pass play

Seriously, outside of slowing down pass rush, run plays are pretty pointless UNLESS you have Shanny or Kubiak and the personnel to run the ZBS scheme

Tbh I HATE every time we run the damn ball almost, you don't have to anymore ...the worst team in rushing last year won the SB

Times have changed and I wish our damn coach would adjust with em, and just let Peyton run the offense, cuz I can't stand McCoy (especially his 3rd down playcalling)

To be clear...I understand running the ball has its' benefits ...but this year it's pretty much done us more harm than good (ex, run on 3rd and 4 and don't go for it on 4th) just let Manning be Manning (doesn't this sound familiar) because if we play teams the way we've played them in the 4th all game ...we'll have so much more success ...

Is it coincidence we outscore teams like 50-7 in the 4th? I think not, LET MANNING BE MANNING all game (damn it does sound familiar) McCoy's new nickname ....McClown

Lol alright I'm done

Comment

We really need to involve Hillman more in the passing game. We shoud be trowing him some screens and such as well. Fake the screen to DT and throw it the opposite way to Hillman. Hillman can take them to the house as well.

I hope they do the opposite on defense!
              Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

When we have let Manning be Manning our offense has been fantastic. When we get into "Give the ball to Lance on 3rd and 4 right down the middle and get stuffed for a no yard gain" mode, thats when we get into trouble. Let Manning be freakin Manning!
                sigpic

Comment

I do think Romo does have a point in that Fox seems to be out of his element lately

I don't know if he's right about going run but it does seem like Fox has been making coaching errors during games so far early in the season. Fox had a stupid challenge in the ATL game, the fake FG - the pooch kick off and other things that made me scratch my head.

In his defense, he's made me scratch me head at times where his decision paid off too so I know he knows more than me lol.

In my opinion the Pats D figured out some of Manning's tendencies to check to a run when the D shows a certain look and they used that to their benefit on that one 3rd and 4 ....... Manning will have to not be too predictable and I'm quite sure that if I'm right about this, Manning WILL know too and will switch it up better.

The thing I don't get about what Romo is saying is that it wasn't a shootout. The Pats ran the heck out of the ball. Brady didn't have shootout stats -even though Manning did. Maybe going against the better teams slowing it down IS a good idea but in this part of our schedule I don't think we should go too far to that end of the spectrum.

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                    When we have let Manning be Manning our offense has been fantastic. When we get into "Give the ball to Lance on 3rd and 4 right down the middle and get stuffed for a no yard gain" mode, thats when we get into trouble. Let Manning be freakin Manning!
                    Lance Ball sucks at running the ball. 3rd and 4 isn't a rushing down anymore anyway although defenses still stack the box on 3rd and 4 because teams often just try to get 5 or 6 yards when they pass. If we run on 3rd and 4, McGahee should be getting the ball. If we run consistently, when we get to 3rd and 4 and see a 8 man box, then we can fake it and go over the top to DT.

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                      Giving the ball to Ball on that play WAS Manning being Manning though. He checked to that play.

Comment

Romo is a raider fan. Of coirse he wants us to do more of what scores us an average of 7 points in a half.

The offense is too conservative as it is, if anything, it could stand to be spiced up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBalla2k5 View Post
                          Listening to the Bill Romonowski interview on Les & JoJo and he ranted about how Fox needs to take the reigns back on offense and go conservative like last year. I believe he has a point, more base packages might be the way to go in terms of complimentary football...even though our offense is already effective... Your thoughts??
                          Bill Romonowski is an idiot.......That is all......
                          sigpic

Comment

Romo, a well known and versed Tebow supporter and Manning basher, wants fox to go conservative so he can then in turn say "Tebow could win close and sloppy, peyton cant".
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                              Giving the ball to Ball on that play WAS Manning being Manning though. He checked to that play.
                              Ive been owned
                              Haha but he still doesnt make personnel decisions. Why was Lance Ball in there when you have McGahee or you can throw some kind of screen to "speedy" Hillman. Lance Ball was a very poor choice to be in there for the circumstance imo.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X