Looking at the new power rankings....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at the new power rankings....

7 of our last 11 games are against teams that are currently ranked in the bottom 10 teams in the league..the other 4 being the chargers twice , the ravens, and the bengals, now i know that could change and these rankings don't mean much but the second half schedule is definitely favorable.

Whether they are ranked there or not, the chargers are a bottom 10 team.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGB83 View Post
      7 of our last 11 games are against teams that are currently ranked in the bottom 10 teams in the league..the other 4 being the chargers twice , the ravens, and the bengals, now i know that could change and these rankings don't mean much but the second half schedule is definitely favorable.
      Billick puts it bluntly, Peyton can throw, but it doesn't much matter if ya can't catch... or hold onto the ball.

We have to hope to win division and be able to get it together by the playoffs. On a brighter note we seem to be staying healthier than most teams which is a welcome change.
      [sigpic

Comment

The Broncos will keep getting better as the season goes on, I think. As soon as the offense gets on the same page as Peyton Manning...this will be a dangerous team.

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
          Billick puts it bluntly, Peyton can throw, but it doesn't much matter if ya can't catch... or hold onto the ball.

We have to hope to win division and be able to get it together by the playoffs. On a brighter note we seem to be staying healthier than most teams which is a welcome change.
          The injury bug shows up a little less frequently among finesse teams as opposed to power teams.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Remember, all teams in our division face the same schedule except 2 games, which they play against teams that finished at the same position in the previous year in the remaining 2 AFC divisions. So, we played the Pats and the Texans as a winner of our last year's division, while the Chargers play(ed) the Titans and the Jets. We play all remaining 14 games against the same teams. We've lost to the Pats and Texans, while the Chargers won against the Titans, so regarding these 2 games, they are a win ahead of us. And, if they happen to beat the Jets, that will make him 2 wins advantage. So, either we have to beat them twice, or we need to beat the Saints and one more team which might defeat the Chargers (Baltimore for example).

Let's hope, that the Chargers will drop a game or two against division opponents or those weaker teams in the schedule, but we won't.

Comment

It is favorable, but if we keep turning over the ball and our defense cant get off of the field on 3rd down, it don't matter who you play.
              Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                The injury bug shows up a little less frequently among finesse teams as opposed to power teams.
                Amen...01 char
                [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  When your receivers are doing quarterback slides, I think we can be put into the "finesse" category. There are other words for the categories we may fall in, but I don't want get into that.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
                    I think we can be put into the "finesse" category.
                    I think we certainly meet all the prerequisites.
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                      It is funny how Peyton's arm strength and ability to take a hit discussions are on the back burner for now.

That pass he threw to DT on the left sideline for 38 yards before the Decker TD was a thing of beauty. So was the original throw of 43 yards to DT on the right that he fumbled. If your QB can throw 38 yards to the left and 43 yards to the right and put it right where it needs to be, I am certain he has squashed questions about arm strength. His accuracy is improving with every game, that is what I am seeing.
                      Last edited by chad72; 10-09-2012, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Hopefully we will just blow most of these teams out like we did the raiders

Comment

Originally posted by peterk View Post
                          Remember, all teams in our division face the same schedule except 2 games, which they play against teams that finished at the same position in the previous year in the remaining 2 AFC divisions. So, we played the Pats and the Texans as a winner of our last year's division, while the Chargers play(ed) the Titans and the Jets. We play all remaining 14 games against the same teams. We've lost to the Pats and Texans, while the Chargers won against the Titans, so regarding these 2 games, they are a win ahead of us. And, if they happen to beat the Jets, that will make him 2 wins advantage. So, either we have to beat them twice, or we need to beat the Saints and one more team which might defeat the Chargers (Baltimore for example).

Let's hope, that the Chargers will drop a game or two against division opponents or those weaker teams in the schedule, but we won't.
                          Glad you posted that. Yea we do have a tough schedule, but its the same schedule as the other AFC West teams, besides the 2 games. Sucks that we lost those 2 games.

Another thing that does make me mad, is how we have to play the Panthers, Bengals and Ravens all on the road. 3 tough teams imo, all on the road in a tough place to play. While the chargers get all 3 of those teams at home. And I feel that they will win 2 out of those 3 games, so we need to keep pace with em.

But if we are a good team, then we will win the games, we need to win, to make the playoffs. And if we don't beat them, then we just wern't a very good team to begin with. Hopefully we can take care of business this week and make things exciting.
                          :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

We should be able to win at least 8 of the next 11. That would be 10+ wins and should be good enough to get in the playoffs. We are improving a little with each game and at this rate we should be able to face the teams in the playoffs. We will probably have to face Huston and New England again. Two games we will be ready to take on again. We have the right QB, we just have to cut down on those mistakes.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                              Whether they are ranked there or not, the chargers are a bottom 10 team.
                              Wait what......Bottom 10 how? THis is like you saying that Moreno is going to be an elite RB?
                              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X