Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outside of Baltimore and New Orleans, the Broncos schedule is looking pretty good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside of Baltimore and New Orleans, the Broncos schedule is looking pretty good.

They have gotten over the hardest part of this season, three grueling games against the three best teams in the league (New England might be 4th or 5th, but whatever). Obviously, they can't hang with the big boys yet in the top 5, but this team is still top 10. You saw what they did to the Raiders, absolute destruction on both ends. That's what this team can do to ill equipped offenses, blow them out fast and then attack attack attack on defense. They haven't been able to do that with any of these high powered offenses because they've been getting behind so quick, but that's a totally different story. I don't see more than two losses the rest of the season. It could be more, hopefully less, but it's pretty cool riding from here on out. Le't take a look:

@ San Diego: Much better than the Raiders, but they're trash compared to the Falcons, Pats and Texans. The Broncos shouldn't lose this game, but if they're going to split the series this is the game they could lose. I don't see it happening, who does San Diego even have at WR anymore?

New Orleans: Their defense is even worse than ours, but Brees can blow us away if we let them get started early. Their run game has been trash, which helps us game plan, but he can still do work without them if the pass rush remains as pathetic as it has been. I can definitely see a loss here.

@ Bengals: This is a middle of the pack team, nothing spectacular, but they can still beat you. The Dalton to Green hook up has been great, but outside of that they don't have a ton going for them on offense. BGJE is OK, but the Broncos can stop him. If their defense steps up, it'll be a long day. If they don't, Peyton will get surgical on them. This should be a win.

@ Panthers: Canthers have been pathetic. Newton has degressed, the running game isn't there and the defense is pourous. I think the team is well on its way to an implosion and they'll be ripe for the pickins. Broncos will win this game with Newton laying 2-3 eggs.

Chargers: Broncos get them at home now, and if the Chargers couldn't keep up in the first game, then they won't keep up in this game. We will have to see what their defense looks like in next weeks game to decide how this game will turn out. Should be a win.

@ Chiefs: Who knows who will be playing QB at this point for the Chiefs, either way I'm not worried. Jamaal Charles is their only weapon, and while a potent weapon, he hasn't been enough to get them many wins. Broncos will beat them, even if it's close, which is always possible at Arrowhead.

Buccaneers: They're a meh team. Some weeks you want to believe, in others they're just mediocre. We will have to see what they look like in a few weeks but this team shouldn't put up a ton of fight. Peyton will rip them up for a good win.

@ Raiders: We get the Raiders back on prime time, but who cares? We will get to beat them up on national TV. Broncos won't lose this game unless they somehow figure out how to run block.

@ Baltimore: This is our last hard game of the season before the playoffs (which they should make unless they collapse). Baltimore's defense is still good, and the offense is still potent. Maybe if the Broncos get an identity on defense, we can hold them in check, but if not, they're going to beat us just like ATL, NE and HOU. I see a loss until this defense figures it out.

Browns: lol Browns. They want to do good, they try to do good, but they just can't because they're the Browns. Maybe they'll figure it out by the end of the season and will have won a game or two, but at this rate, they pose no threat. Broncos win.

Chiefs: Chiefs at home for the end of the season, just like last year. Hopefully, Denver isn't fighting for a playoff spot at this point and has a good hold of a wild card spot, if not the division. If the Broncos are fighting for a spot, I would hope they can pull it together against this weak team and finally win the final game of the season when it matters the most, unlike the last 6 years (last year doesn't count).

So with that, this team is 10-6 at the worst, 13-3 at the best, but most likely 11-5 or 12-4. Have faith Broncos Country, Peyton will guide us to the playoffs. Now will we stand a chance in the playoffs? Probably not, but playoffs are better than no playoffs.

I know somebody will probably tear this up, but I like it... We can only watch, and hope...
    Bronco fan sine '61...

Comment

I said 11-5 divison winner...go broncos!!!! Playoff anything can happens...go broncos!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eddieroyal View Post
        I said 11-5 divison winner...go broncos!!!! Playoff anything can happens...go broncos!!!
        Agree that 11-5 is realistic if healthy and keep improving by stopping TO's and fix opponents 3rd down conversion.....
        BRONCO FAN FOR LIFE

Comment

I'm seeing 10-6 for this year.Which will be a vast improvement over the teams we've been putting on the field since 2005. We're definitely not in that upper threshold of the NFL, but we're well on our way and Bronco Nation should be excited. We're a solid team this year and I see us in the playoffs at the end of the season. Not getting blown out either like last year to the Pats, but actually competing and making a game of it. Surely don't see us in the SB unless we get inexplicably hot come playoff time.

Fact of the matter is, we have some glaring weaknesses on this team that have not served us well against the NFL's elite teams. ILB (we need a playmaker there, ala Al Wilson), DT/DE (if Wolfe pans out, just need one or two more pieces to complete the puzzle), WR (one more receiver to combine with DT and Decker), and CB (Champ's imminent replacement/Porter's possible departure) all need to be addressed this upcoming offseason, in that order. Luckily for us, the rest of our team will be a great foundation to build on. We're close my friends, and I'm thinking Denver will make a triumphant return to the NFL's upper echelon starting in 2013 and beyond.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Uglybass View Post
            Buccaneers: They're a meh team. Some weeks you want to believe, in others they're just mediocre. We will have to see what they look like in a few weeks but this team shouldn't put up a ton of fight. Peyton will rip them up for a good win.
            I hope this one is true, this is the game im going to, and i have 2nd row seats! cant wait!!!!

Comment

I would not say the chargers are "much better" than the Raiders. If anything, they're worse. The raiders should have won that game if they had a backup long snapper.

Odds are we whip the Chargers Monday.

Comment

Never ever underestimate division games...
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

@ San Diego: Much better than the Raiders, but they're trash compared to the Falcons, Pats and Texans.
                  No team is trash compared to any team in the NFL atm. The Raiders beat the Steelers before coming to Migh High and receiving a beatdown from us. Indy just beat the Packers this week. the Redskins played a close game against Atlanta, and so on. Anyway, the Bolts are not as good as they were in recent years, despite Rivers playing quite consistently this year. The Broncos have a better team now, and if we won't shoot ourselves in the foot again, we can win this game.

New Orleans: Their defense is even worse than ours, but Brees can blow us away if we let them get started early. Their run game has been trash, which helps us game plan, but he can still do work without them if the pass rush remains as pathetic as it has been. I can definitely see a loss here.
                  I think we have a pretty good chance against them. We will be able to put enough pressure on Brees to keep them around 25-30pts, which will be enough because we can put more pts on the board agains their #D.

@ Panthers: Canthers have been pathetic. Newton has degressed, the running game isn't there and the defense is pourous. I think the team is well on its way to an implosion and they'll be ripe for the pickins. Broncos will win this game with Newton laying 2-3 eggs.
                  I don't see them being pathetic. They are just as undisciplined as we were in some games so far. I hope we can beat them, though.

@ Chiefs: Who knows who will be playing QB at this point for the Chiefs, either way I'm not worried. Jamaal Charles is their only weapon, and while a potent weapon, he hasn't been enough to get them many wins. Broncos will beat them, even if it's close, which is always possible at Arrowhead.
                  The Chiefs are not a Jamaal Charles surrounded with some crap team any more. That roster is full of talents, they just need a decent QB to be the team to watch for. So I'm not happy that Cassel will be replaced, because he was predictably awful.

@ Baltimore: This is our last hard game of the season before the playoffs (which they should make unless they collapse). Baltimore's defense is still good, and the offense is still potent. Maybe if the Broncos get an identity on defense, we can hold them in check, but if not, they're going to beat us just like ATL, NE and HOU. I see a loss until this defense figures it out.
                  They just played a 9:6 game against the Chiefs. And Peyton has their number, no matter how good they were, the Colts could consistently beat them in the past. So I like our chances here.

So with that, this team is 10-6 at the worst, 13-3 at the best, but most likely 11-5 or 12-4. Have faith Broncos Country, Peyton will guide us to the playoffs. Now will we stand a chance in the playoffs? Probably not, but playoffs are better than no playoffs.
                  Well, the worst may be 9-7, and the most likely might be 10-6 or 11:5, but still, that might be able to enough for eiter win the division or get into the playoffs by a WC spot. I don't see 3 or more teams - out of the division leaders - in the AFC that could finish with better than 9-7. So, the wild card spots will probably go to the second team of our division and the Steelers (or the Bengals).
                  Last edited by peterk; 10-10-2012, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Btw, I just read this somewhere: "After the 666th MNF, Mark Sanchez has 6 TDs, 6 INTs, is averaging 6.6 yards per attempt, has a QB rating of 66.6, and wears No. 6? Oh, Lord."

It is written in the Bible that where Jesus appears, the Antichrist will soon appear too. So, there is a chance that that bastard has been lurking around here until now, causing the team troubles by turnowers and mistakes, and now, he finally decided to follow his holy brother to his new team. If this is the case, we will be a different team from now on.

Comment

Nothing looks good on the schedule when you have this guy as your MLB...

Comment

Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
                        Nothing looks good on the schedule when you have this guy as your MLB...

I hope I never see him covering a WR ever again.
                        sigpic

Comment

The Chargers have a tough series of games after the bye.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                            Never ever underestimate division games...
                            The great thing is that Peyton doesn't. So I can!!!

Comment

Could get very ugly if Joe Mays is assign to cover Jimmy Graham VS the Saints.....

But I am kind of confident to make the playoffs and finish 10-6 with this schedule, let's beat the Chargers before the BYE week it's a hell of an important game for us!

Comment

Working...
                              X