Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outside of Baltimore and New Orleans, the Broncos schedule is looking pretty good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    The great thing is that Peyton doesn't. So I can!!!
    Yes, Peyton is great. But our defense is simply not good. The division opponents such as chargers will try to exploit as well. Who is going to defend Antonio Gates? Joe Mays? LOL.

Comment

If we win on Monday night I will feel really good about where we are after this brutal stretch of games we had

If we lose though I see us at best going 9-7 and having to hope that SD collapses again to get us back in the hunt

Comment

Originally posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
        Yes, Peyton is great. But our defense is simply not good. The division opponents such as chargers will try to exploit as well. Who is going to defend Antonio Gates? Joe Mays? LOL.
        I take the defenses performances with a grain of salt.

In our losses, we've faced dthe 1st ranked, 3rd ranked, and 6th ranked offenses in the league. We held two of those teams below their season average.

It's hard to be optimistic when you see teams converting 3rd and long all the time --- but the numbers tend to make me think we'll see improvement when we're not facing offensive juggernauts, when we stop turning the ball over, and when we start having some fumble of our own bounce our way.

Things are not as bad as it seems. Most people had us at 2-3 or 3-2 at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
          Gates is old. Not terribly worried about him. Sure he will gauge us here or there, but he is no Gronk and he certainly doesn't run a crossing route as well as Welker.

Comment

My prediction? Barring injuries, we win every game where we don't have more turnovers than the other team. Yes, even with Joe Mays in pass coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Uglybass View Post
              Browns: lol Browns. They want to do good, they try to do good, but they just can't because they're the Browns. Maybe they'll figure it out by the end of the season and will have won a game or two, but at this rate, they pose no threat. Broncos win.
              Correction:
              Cleveland: lol Cleveland.

My question is: What do you mean by "they"? They can mean a lot of things. Fans, Players, Coaches, Front office - could be just about anybody. It isn't specific. If you mean "fans". The answer is of course. Because that is what the Browns do. The Browns have only had 12 losing seasons in their 46 year existence and have a 60% win percentage.

If you are talking about "players" - then the answer is no. Players do not care if they win or lose so long as they get paid. If they want to win, by the time their contract is up they will leave Cleveland. Coaches? They want to win. Or, maybe they want to lose. They are so inept that who knows what motivates them to do what they do.

The front office? You can try to win and still do better than they do. So, I think that Holmgren and company only want to get a paycheck. THey don't much care what product they put out there. The same goes for the new owner. He cares so much about winning that he is having cheerleader tryouts to get fans more "energetic". He also wants to "change the jerseys and helmet". On top of that, he wants to have naming right for the stadium.

It's all a money grab. Plain and simple. The Browns haven't played in 17 years.
              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

These Broncos are still like the Broncos of recent years: They will surrender 27 points or more to good offenses. However, unlike the Broncos of recent years, these Broncos have a passing game and can score at least 21 points against good defenses.
                • San Diego: Even match.
                • New Orleans: Their defense is as bad as their offense is good. Slight edge to the Saints.
                • Bengals: Even match.
                • Carolina: Not as bad as they look. Slight edge to the Broncos.
                • Chargers: Even match.
                • Chiefs: Someone should put out an amber alert for the Chiefs' defense. Bronco win.
                • Buccaneers: Bronco win.
                • Raiders: Bronco win.
                • Baltimore: Raven defense is too tough. Close game, but edge to the Ravens.
                • Browns: Not as bad as they seem. Bronco win.
                • Chiefs: Maybe they'll have their defense in order for the last game of the season. Edge to Broncos.

6 probable wins, 2 probable losses, 3 tossups -- 11-5 or 8-8 or somewhere in between.

Comment

If we cant hold onto the friggin ball or stop 3rd and long any one of those teams WILL beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post
                    These Broncos are still like the Broncos of recent years: They will surrender 27 points or more to good offenses. However, unlike the Broncos of recent years, these Broncos have a passing game and can score at least 21 points against good defenses.
                    • San Diego: Even match.
                    • New Orleans: Their defense is as bad as their offense is good. Slight edge to the Saints.
                    • Bengals: Even match.
                    • Carolina: Not as bad as they look. Slight edge to the Broncos.
                    • Chargers: Even match.
                    • Chiefs: Someone should put out an amber alert for the Chiefs' defense. Bronco win.
                    • Buccaneers: Bronco win.
                    • Raiders: Bronco win.
                    • Baltimore: Raven defense is too tough. Close game, but edge to the Ravens.
                    • Browns: Not as bad as they seem. Bronco win.
                    • Chiefs: Maybe they'll have their defense in order for the last game of the season. Edge to Broncos.

6 probable wins, 2 probable losses, 3 tossups -- 11-5 or 8-8 or somewhere in between.
                    Everyone should bear in mind if the Chiefs had a QB even slightly better than Cassel in there the whole game the Chiefs would have beat the ravens....Just sayin.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think we end up 10-6 division champs make it to the divisional round like last year

Comment

Working...
                      X