Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone with an Insider account want to post this article?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    i agree von should be higher n JJ has better players around him but still hes very very good...seahawks have hit good on defense something we need to do...

    Comment


    • #17
      That list is pretty good. Von should be #3, and dalton in that next category. Peterson should probably be #5.

      Comment


      • #18
        I agree completely with this list. and JJ Watt is not over rated at all. That guy is the defensive MVP up to this point hands down. No other player has made such an impact that he has.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Montoya View Post
          I agree completely with this list. and JJ Watt is not over rated at all. That guy is the defensive MVP up to this point hands down. No other player has made such an impact that he has.
          Well, we'll see now. The best player on that defense is our for the season.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
            Well Mell kiper keeps proving he is an idiot...

            really Green before Von and jones not in the top 5 ?
            I have to disagree. Green deserves to be ahead of Miller. Consider this: I can, just off the top of my head, name 5 linebackers in the NFL that are better than Von Miller. I don't know that I can name 5 receivers that are "no-question" better than AJ Green - Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald might be it. There are others - Roddy White, Greg Jennings, Hakeem Nicks - that are "possibly better, but not certain". And Green leads all those guys in receiving yards and TDs this season.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by SinePari View Post
              I have to disagree. Green deserves to be ahead of Miller. Consider this: I can, just off the top of my head, name 5 linebackers in the NFL that are better than Von Miller. I don't know that I can name 5 receivers that are "no-question" better than AJ Green - Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald might be it. There are others - Roddy White, Greg Jennings, Hakeem Nicks - that are "possibly better, but not certain". And Green leads all those guys in receiving yards and TDs this season.
              I would say AJ Green is the number 2 wide out in the NFL. He is dominant and the closest thing to Calvin Johnson. Andre Johnson is not the same player he once was and he is not better then AJ Green. Fitsgerald doesn't seem to be having the impact he once had however in saying that if he has a better quarterback I bet he would be having a better season. And them other guys you named are not better then AJ Green. AJ Green was THE MOST talented player in his draft class and has proven that so far.

              TOP 2

              Calvin Johnson
              AJ Green

              Comment


              • #22
                @johnlimburg I could agree with all that. Though ask yourself, if it were all the same cost would you rather have Fitzgerald or Green? I think I'd still take Fitzgerald. Green is very, very good and it comes down to just small nit-picky things like: Fitz is a bigger, stronger receiver, a better blocker, better route runner, more experienced, and doesn't have the injury concerns. But that's just nit-picking b/c Green is very, very good.

                I also don't believe Andre Johnson "isn't the same guy." I think what has happened is the Texans have found an offense in Arian Foster and so the entire passing offense has suffered.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                  I would say AJ Green is the number 2 wide out in the NFL. He is dominant and the closest thing to Calvin Johnson. Andre Johnson is not the same player he once was and he is not better then AJ Green. Fitsgerald doesn't seem to be having the impact he once had however in saying that if he has a better quarterback I bet he would be having a better season. And them other guys you named are not better then AJ Green. AJ Green was THE MOST talented player in his draft class and has proven that so far.

                  TOP 2

                  Calvin Johnson
                  AJ Green
                  It's definitely a toss up between Von and AJ for the most talented. Von Miller, in the words of Jon Gruden, is the most talented pass rusher in the world. He has receiver speed playing linebacker, and exceptional strength for his size. Not too many pass rushers have Von Miller's physical talent. On the other hand, there are a few receivers who have/have had AJ Green's athleticism and talent.
                  Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by SinePari View Post
                    I have to disagree. Green deserves to be ahead of Miller. Consider this: I can, just off the top of my head, name 5 linebackers in the NFL that are better than Von Miller. I don't know that I can name 5 receivers that are "no-question" better than AJ Green - Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald might be it. There are others - Roddy White, Greg Jennings, Hakeem Nicks - that are "possibly better, but not certain". And Green leads all those guys in receiving yards and TDs this season.
                    Name 5 LB better than Von : Willis,D ware, Cushing,Lewis and Von would be a pretty legit top 5.

                    There aren't that many
                    Last edited by canadiansbronco; 10-14-2012, 06:00 PM.
                    sigpic

                    Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                      Name 5 LB better than Von : Willis,D ware, Cushing,Lewis and Von would be a pretty legit top 5.

                      There aren't that many
                      suggs Bowman, beason, urlacher, matthews
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        There's nothing wrong with placing JJ Watt and AJ green ahead of Von. When it comes to those 3, there's really no wrong answer, just different opinions.

                        All 3 have been dominant, but I think JJ Watt has been the most dominant. I still think Von can & will continue to grow a lot. We might be looking at 3 future HOFers between the 3 and this could end up being one of the all time great draft classes - there were just so many talented prospects in this one at several positions.

                        Dalton at #3 I disagree with though. By virtue of AJ green, his numbers are much better than they would be if AJ green wasn't on the field. I think there are several guys more deserving of that ranking.
                        sigpic


                        @BlueNOrangeFTW

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                          suggs Bowman, beason, urlacher, matthews
                          Fair except for Urlacher
                          sigpic

                          Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X