Tony Carter will Impress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ahrum View Post
    Poor Carter got abused when Phyllis started throwing it to Alexander. The size match was just too much. Hopefully he'll rebound and finish out the season strong.
    eh.. on quite a few passes he had solid position in coverage and just couldn't break the pass up.

Comment

Poor Carter got abused when Phyllis started throwing it to Alexander. The size match was just too much. Hopefully he'll rebound and finish out the season strong.
      I thought Carter played pretty well yesterday. He got beat for those 2 TD passes late, but up to then the whole backfield had great coverage.

I didn't mind the 2 TD's either, just like the Champ one he gave up against AJ. When the O is in the RZ and throws a perfect pass it is extremely difficult to defend.

The first was a jump ball and size mismatch, good throw. The second was good coverage but a very good catch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
        Why would you laugh when the other team scores a TD? That seems odd.
        Because Carter looked and reacted so awkwardly to the pass. And I'm in Mexico on vacation, a late TD against prevent D wasn't going to alter my mood much.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
          I thought Carter played pretty well yesterday. He got beat for those 2 TD passes late, but up to then the whole backfield had great coverage.

I didn't mind the 2 TD's either, just like the Champ one he gave up against AJ. When the O is in the RZ and throws a perfect pass it is extremely difficult to defend.

The first was a jump ball and size mismatch, good throw. The second was good coverage but a very good catch.
          Like I said, he started getting abused when Phyllis started exploiting his size. I don't think we'll run into any more 6'5" receivers that need coverage for the rest of this season... so I expect him to rebound nicely.

Comment

Like I said, he started getting abused when Phyllis started exploiting his size. I don't think we'll run into any more 6'5" receivers that need coverage for the rest of this season... so I expect him to rebound nicely.
            I don't think giving up them 2 RZ TD's is getting abused. Just 2 good plays, which happens.

I worry when a corner gets beat all game, looks lost in coverage, or gives up big yardage play due to lack of speed or smarts.

With the 2 yesterday and the Champ TD against AJ they were just short throws where the QB made a very good pass, nothing wrong with the coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
              Why would you laugh when the other team scores a TD? That seems odd.
              I laughed on the second TD because I was playing against the Denver defense in FFB and I knew the real game was already won.

Comment

• Gotta give credit to the Chargers for signing Danario Alexander, who's been a huge steal for them. He seems to have enough talent to be a #1 WR. If I'm not mistaken, he was once projected as a 1st-2nd round pick before the knee injuries ruined his draft stock. Alexander already replaced free agent busts Robert Meachem and Eddie Royal, and he would also look good in Denver replacing Matt Willis and Andre Caldwell.
                sigpic

Comment

• Tony Carter has a short memory. He won't become a head case.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• I think we learned that we can't put Carter on the likes of Alexander, Calvin Johnson, or BMarsh.

But we already knew that...

Comment

• Carter's play reminds me of chicken legs Braxton. Rependable.

Comment

• Originally posted by VADER72 View Post
                        Carter's play reminds me of chicken legs Braxton. Rependable.

He's faster, and he's a better cover corner than Braxton, imo.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Carter played more outside corner then slot this game then he ever has. I think he showed he is not quite polished and or strong enough to play that postion full time just yet.

I look for Denver to more Harris back since he is the more physical of right now. Carter is a keeper though and
                          will only get better and stronger.

I like what JDR is doing though he keeps moving people around. Thats going to really help us come play off time and/or if we get hit with the injury bug. /cross fingers

Comment

• Tony Carter 2012 Stats Update

TACKLES: 17
                            TARGETS: 30
                            COMPLETIONS: 12
                            COMPLETION %: 40%
                            YARDS: 126
                            TD's ALLOWED: 2
                            P'DEF's: 8
                            INT: 2
                            INT YARDS: 55
                            FUMBLE RECOVERIES: 1
                            FUMBLES RECOVERY YARDS: 65
                            DEFENSIVE TOUCHDOWNS: 2
                            PENALTIES: 1
                            PENALTY YARDS: 15
                            QB RATING WHEN TARGETED: 47.36

That completion percentage when targeted and QB rating when targeted is better then any cornerback in the league last season. I don't know how it ranks this year but I would guess it is pretty high.

Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
                            Carter played more outside corner then slot this game then he ever has. I think he showed he is not quite polished and or strong enough to play that postion full time just yet.

I look for Denver to more Harris back since he is the more physical of right now. Carter is a keeper though and
                            will only get better and stronger.

I like what JDR is doing though he keeps moving people around. Thats going to really help us come play off time and/or if we get hit with the injury bug. /cross fingers
                            Thats incorrect. Tony Carter pretty much plays strictly outside. When he comes into the game Chris Harris moves inside and Tony Carter comes in to play the outside. People just think because he has been coming into the game in the nickel package he had been playing against slot receivers. He hasn't. And Chris Harris has been beat more then Tony Carter has while playing on the outside.

Originally posted by Ahrum View Post

I wouldn't say he got abused. It wasn't his best day but he was still solid.In the first half he was flawless. And despite getting beat on occasion he was still all over his man on the completions. And I mean right on them. Sometimes a cornerback can do everything right but the completion will still be made. It happens to all cornerbacks.

And even Champ Bailey got beat for a good chuck of yards against Alexender when he went against him also. As well as Floyd on other occasions too. I wouldn't say Champ Bailey got abused. He got beat but cornerbacks always do. We have a great group in the backfield and hopefully they continue to compliment the front 7 and force quarterbacks to hold onto the football longer then they should.
                            Last edited by johnlimburg; 11-20-2012, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X