Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bronco30
    replied
    yes the last 2 drafts have produced 4 starters n some depth need keep that up esp. on defense...unlike shanny n mcd were actually drafting heavy on def. instead mostly FA guys...hopefully next year we can get another quality DT DE n LB front 7 needs more work...

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    It's amazing what a big win can do. There's no way we'd be thinking like this if we'd have lost that game on MNF. Having said that - win or lose you are right. These guys are doing well. I just hope the team really is gelling up now. John Madden predicted Manning really wouldn't be completely Manning until after the bye and it is reasonable because we've got a new defense AND a new offense for all intents and purposes.

3-3 at the bye ...... I'll take it. In fact our 3-3 is a better record than San Diego's 3-3. The good encouraging thing is most of the drafts and acquisitions are proving beneficial -even when they didn't quite make sense when they happened. They know more about it than me! Thank god

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    I agree TS. I love the direction the Broncos are going in with the draft.

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    All sixteen of the Denver Broncos' draftees are on the team in one capacity or another (Blake, Beal & Carter on IR, Mohamed on PS). Plus, they've added five UDFAs during the past two seasons. Developing young players with veteran leadership as part of the formula seems to be the plan. In a few years, the Broncos will be deep.
    Retaining all those picks says one of three things.

The Broncos talent base really was that bad,

or

Elway/Fox are very good at drafting,

or

Both

Personally, I think its some of both. Which bodes very well for the Broncos long term.

Leave a comment:

• Louich
    replied
    We indeed made up for all the bad years of not knowing what to get when our turn was up.

Like someone said Elway really looks like someone who's looking at building the roster thru the draft. Now that being said I remember reading somewhere his top position for a team were : pass rusher, cornerback and Qb (not in that order peticularely)

Leave a comment:

• BluenOrnge4Life
    replied
    The Hillman pick is going to start looking better too with him getting a lot better in pass protection, and his reps increasing.

I'm loving the direction & I only expect this defense to continue to improve as the years go on. I fully expect a top 5 defense in next 2-3 years as we continue to add talent there in positions of need, and Von develops into one of the top 3 defensive players in the league.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Living in So Cal, I got to watch Rahim play quite a bit during his college days. The guy has always been a stud so ive always been confused on why he struggled so much his first season....

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Yup, our drafts have been solid...

Last draft was pretty solid, this year is too early to tell minus Wolfe who looks good so far.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    All sixteen of the Denver Broncos' draftees are on the team in one capacity or another (Blake, Beal & Carter on IR, Mohamed on PS). Plus, they've added five UDFAs during the past two seasons. Developing young players with veteran leadership as part of the formula seems to be the plan. In a few years, the Broncos will be deep.

Leave a comment:

• PunchDrunk
    replied
    I don't know why you are surprised. Elway has made the draft the highest priority and has refocused his efforts entirely on making the Broncos better through the draft. There has been more changes in the personel department over the last two years than in the previous 10.

It's unfortunate that some of these guys haven't been able to get on the field faster or haven't been able to beat the players that are already here but that's just the name of the game.

First round, you have to get a starter. But in the second round and deeper, you can really only expect them to get on the field consistently in year two or further on down the line. TD showed promise as a first year player but he showed greatness as a second year guy. When you get a guy in the second round or deeper AND they contribute regularly then that's just icing on the cake.

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos2024 View Post
    I was reading the Rahim Moore thread it really got me thinking how well our recent picks have been performing. Derek Wolfe is statistically one of the better tackles drafted this year. He has also made a couple big plays. Rahim Moore is really starting to play well. Von Miller I don't even think we need to mention how great he is. Nate Irving even looks solid when he comes in and replaces people. I think we are really starting to draft quality players year in and year out and that makes me excited for the future.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section I wasn't really sure if it should be broncos football or draft area. I figured since they're Broncos it belong in Broncos football.
    I agree.

Am quite pleases with the direction the Broncos are going in....not just for the next couple of years with Manning, but for the long term too.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos2024
    replied
    Broncos drafts last 2 years

I was reading the Rahim Moore thread it really got me thinking how well our recent picks have been performing. Derek Wolfe is statistically one of the better tackles drafted this year. He has also made a couple big plays. Rahim Moore is really starting to play well. Von Miller I don't even think we need to mention how great he is. Nate Irving even looks solid when he comes in and replaces people. I think we are really starting to draft quality players year in and year out and that makes me excited for the future.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section I wasn't really sure if it should be broncos football or draft area. I figured since they're Broncos it belong in Broncos football.

Leave a comment:

• peterk
    replied
    Code:
    Offense:
    Red zone efficiency (TD only):     2nd,    68.42%
    Offensive Touchdowns per Game:      6th,     3.0

Defense:
    Red Zone Scoring pct (TD only):    26th,    61.90%

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Def
    3rd down % = 28th 46%, think the number staying the same but the ranking went down
    scoring defense = 17th @ 23 points per game, we worse in total points but bye weeks make per game stats better in this case

offese
    3rd down % = 9th 45%

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by broncofanfromia View Post
    Monday's game didn't help the rushing much. when you have an entire first half trailing like we were, you are not going to run much the second half.
    We really couldn't run the ball most of the game. We tried and failed....It's been that way for the last two weeks we just haven't had much success running up the gut like we did previously. Kopen does well against pass but I don't think he is an upgrade in running situations.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X