No announcement yet.

Can We Start A Campaign For The Future......Lets Find A Top Tier MLB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and i really wanted todman as well the von yr lol.

Comment

Originally posted by themadfanatic View Post
      The way u were about irving and hilman is how i was about von and wolfe...i was on the von train when he was being talked about as maybe top 20 i was like idc trade down if u have to justify it but get this guy and last yr my must have or id be disappointed with the draft was wolfe. I loved this dude in college! Im a uconn/nd fan and yale but big fans of all 3...the way i felt about wolfe is how i feel about teo. Ill probably feel that way about tuitt next yr. Idc if hes our only pick because we are pretty much set outside of mlb, a better ss would b nice too tho
      I really liked Von but I'd be lying if I wasn't going nuts for AJ Green, JJ Watt, Nick Fairley. I'm glad we took Von and went against my gut feeling. Obviously Fairley would have been someone we traded back for. Also, I was a huge Wolfe fan as well. When many people were freaking out on here then calming down when they found out Balt would have taken him had the Bama LB not dropped, I was pretty darn happy with it. Although I also wanted Crick, Thompson, or Ta'amu in the later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by themadfanatic View Post
        Oh and i really wanted todman as well the von yr lol.
        I still think Todman can do something in this league despite many people writing him off.

Comment

DT Jonathan Hankins in round 1 and MLB Michael Mauti round 2. That is my solution.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            I've made this case over and over, and many of you seem to be in the same place. As long as Peyton and our Oline keep up what they are doing, our O is solid! And most of us feel that our D has been partially ignored when it came to signings over the last few years (or more), although there has been some motivation to make it stronger. No denying, we have some talented younger players on D, and have even secured a few decent vets along the way. BUT......it's getting to that time that we add to the Miller / Doom / Champ collection of quality players on D.

Can we get a little louder about adding a middle monster to our lineup? Sure, some of our guys are doing their best to fill the gap, but next year.....lets secure that guy, the guy that personifies our D (even though Miller, Doom and Champ have been actively going for that distinction). But can you imagine the quality of our D with a stud like Willis in the fold. Maybe Willis is too big a dream, but even a notch or two below wouldn't be a crime.

NEXT YEAR....we continue to grow.....who knows we may even do so as SB champs!!!
            sign me up for this push

I was kind of mad we did not pursue London Fletcher in the offseason...he is far better then Mays and I can not find how much his two year deal was worth. We may have not gotten him but I bet he would have thought about it with PM being here.

At this point I would have started Johnson Irvin or Trev all season if I were coach/Broncos football guys. Guess they were unsure of Mays but I knew last year he was not good enoigh for a championship defense. Brooking is not the answer. I think Woody could be a non-3 down starter answer in a champ def. The leaves two LB spots open to try until DJ comes back.

IMO we should have played our three young LBs more then we have cause right now we may very well have the next LB on the roster but we do not know it.

I do not know if any of them are the anwer, I have like things I have seen about all of them but I personally have seen nothing in NFL games that matter that tells me if any of them are or are not the answer.

If the 2012 season ends and none of our LBs on the roster have shown the ability to be a good MLB then imo getting a MLB should be a top 3 priority in the offseason.

It is too important to think that anyone we could not give a chance to play in 2012 may be the answer in 2013 imo
            Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
              Never ever said that. I've seen 5 games of Te'o this year and 8 games of his last year. Notre Dame is the second team I root for in college outside of South Carolina
              Not you either.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                sign me up for this push

I was kind of mad we did not pursue London Fletcher in the offseason...he is far better then Mays and I can not find how much his two year deal was worth. We may have not gotten him but I bet he would have thought about it with PM being here.

At this point I would have started Johnson Irvin or Trev all season if I were coach/Broncos football guys. Guess they were unsure of Mays but I knew last year he was not good enoigh for a championship defense. Brooking is not the answer. I think Woody could be a non-3 down starter answer in a champ def. The leaves two LB spots open to try until DJ comes back.

IMO we should have played our three young LBs more then we have cause right now we may very well have the next LB on the roster but we do not know it.

I do not know if any of them are the anwer, I have like things I have seen about all of them but I personally have seen nothing in NFL games that matter that tells me if any of them are or are not the answer.

If the 2012 season ends and none of our LBs on the roster have shown the ability to be a good MLB then imo getting a MLB should be a top 3 priority in the offseason.

It is too important to think that anyone we could not give a chance to play in 2012 may be the answer in 2013 imo
                Yes......although unless we see something tangible by year end with our younger guys, and unless we have another bigger issue arise, I see MLB as priority #1......

Prior to the season they decided to pay Mays, and although I like the guy, for me he's not the complete package. So cut your losses for him as a starter.

I also thought we'd see more of Irving last year. And if don't test him out soon, I have question marks about his suitability as our starter, or whether or not our coaching staff is managing this guy properly.

Here's my take......higher drafted MLBs start the same year.....and can dominate by year 2. Leaving a guy on the bench for 2 years makes me anxious, given the importance of the position. Again, I don't expect a Willis type, BUT I do expect a player who can start and make an impact year one.......and anchor our D for many years!

If it's Manti, and we can get him without selling the farm, I'm in.

Comment

Working...
                X