Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the Broncos Offense is so much better in the second half? - One main factor??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the Broncos Offense is so much better in the second half? - One main factor??

This has been discussed extensively at ESPN/NFL network and at every other place. One main factor IMO could be, Peyton is coming off 4 surgeries. His throwing shoulder/arm takes time to warm up? Looks like it if we watch his throws in the first Q vs last Q in all 6 games. Atlanta/SD are classical example of this but even in other games, it is visible. Also if you see he rarely throws mid/deep routes in the 1st Q (percentage is low) compared to 4th Q. Is there something here? What do you all think?

That seems silly. He warms up before games. He also stood around doing nothing for the first half of the Steeler's game, and still came out in the second half & lit it up. I think you need to go back to the drawing board on this theory.

Comment

It's mostly not Peyton Manning, it's about stopping stupid turnovers and getting the defense to make more stops on 3rd down.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

This is a system with an offensive coordinator and QB who are working together for the first time. We are 12th in scoring, which will likely continue to go up.

We are sixth in total yards, and 4th in passing. I think we're doing pretty well with all things considered.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
          It's mostly not Peyton Manning, it's about stopping stupid turnovers and getting the defense to make more stops on 3rd down.
          ^^^^ This

/thread

Comment

We are better because we stop making dumb mistakes and McCoy has no choice but to unleash Peyton and stop being so conservative
            sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

I might agree with you if I didn't watch the games, but that's definitely wrong. Even against Atlanta, his arm strength wasn't a factor, despite popular (and ignorant) belief, it was a matter of him being fooled by the pre-snap looks.
              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Same reason as last year. Inept coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                  Give me a break. It is simple. It has been turnovers. /thread
                  sigpic

Comment

Not in the slightest ...

It's because we've gotten behind so Manning starts throwing more

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                      Disagree with this, also. Mistakes and inept coaching are two different things. 3 interceptions in 3 drives isn't inept coaching. 2 fumbles on returns isn't inept coaching. 2 blown coverages isn't inept coaching.
                      Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                        badabing, badaboom.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                          Quoted for the truth. A couple turnovers early, a holding penalty and a few passes that should have been caught on third and shorts and there you go.

Turnovers are our achilles heal right now. We win the battle of turnover we win. If we don't cough it up or throw int's the first 2-5 possesions of the game, we play with the lead.

This team has a knack for turning it over in key situations... a lot- makes me worry about the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                            Quoted for the truth- turnovers are killing us. I'll put the blame on Peyton with the Falcons but otherwise we just have a knack for giving it up in key situations. CP coming your way...

Comment

LOL- Well there you go- thought my post got deleted the first time around so the second one is abbreviated. Anyhoo...

Comment

Working...
                              X