Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the Broncos Offense is so much better in the second half? - One main factor??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

He lights them up in the second half because we have fallen behind the other teams because of turnovers and stupid mental mistakes.

It has nothing to do with his arm not being warmed up.

By the way, if you believe that nonsense I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.
    sigpic
    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Its our conservative first half offensive play calling. Same story as last year....

Comment

adjustments
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I disagree with that being the reason why we're a much better team in the 2nd half, but there are some people that believes that 18 arm does warm up as the game goes on and the velocity on the ball looks much better in the 2nd half than it does in the 1st.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, there are people that believes that Santa Klaus lives in Alaska, and the 2nd world war has been fought between the USA and the russians.

Comment

the only reason he threw 3 picks in the 1quarter in the atl game was because, nolan did a great job disguising his set defense play, baited manning to throwing the balls to where it needed to be, ahem

the one in the chargers, was a communication error, im pretty sure the CB understood the audible

ps. when the broncos open the game with the ball, most of the times, we almost scored every drive, and manning has made some great throws,just not great finishes

Comment

Actually I believe it is a lot of little things that contribute to the slow starts:
                1; Teams often spar more in the first quarter just to fell out the defense. They want to find how a defense reacts to different plays & formations.
                2; the mistakes! You add those mistakes to the sparing mode and you put the other team into scoring mode and as such give them the momentum.
                3; This is where McCoy comes in; His conservative style is by nature a slow paced offense. It is played that way to try and establish a ground & pound game early.
                4; Maybe the most important! The team for one reason or another is not focused! Whether they are to emotional to think clearly and focus or they come in overconfident and underestimate the other team (maybe both). They simply are not focused and tend to err.

If it were just one reason, then they would be able to fix it quickly. A combination of reasons take much longer to fix, as you have to address each area separately.
                sigpic

Comment

Can't verify where I read this, but poor luck seems involved too. I believe Broncos have lost every fumble they have had to their opponents, and their opponents have recovered their own fumbles all but two times. That is a type of trend, if true, that likely won't continue in time.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                    4; Maybe the most important! The team for one reason or another is not focused! Whether they are to emotional to think clearly and focus or they come in overconfident and underestimate the other team (maybe both). They simply are not focused and tend to err.
                    You might actually have a point here.. Quite a few positions on the team has been manned by players with talent, but without much experience or who are newcomers to the team. Decker/DT haven't been used in any capacity like the one now, Kuper's and Walton's injuries might have compromised the O-line (even though it has performed at least decently), Stoke, Tamme and Dreesen are all new to this team (okay, Stoke is on revisiting) and even Manning might be a little overwhelmed in the new surroundings and the added pressure/media focus. I know this could all be classified as 'rust', but because of some flunked drafts the team doesn't have as many accustomed veterans around as you would expect, and the calming/sureheaded effect that they would normally bring the team has to be built to a much larger degree. I am not just talking chemistry here, it is more to do with identity and who who is responsible for what. As the games progress, the team has certainly showed that it has will and morale, but maybe having to dig themselves out of holes has had to be the teams catalyst instead of veteran (and aclimated) leadership?

Comment

1. Defenses start wearing out in the second half than the first when having to deal with our no-huddle.
                      2. We've had more turnovers in the first half and time of possession has to be in our opponents' favor in most, if not all, games in the first half.
                      3. It's like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde most games. We almost need a 20-point deficit to get everyone on the team focused and let the coaching staff unleash the mastermind known as Peyton Manning???
                      sigpic

Comment

In my mind, a good part of it is that we haven't been very good at running the ball this year. This is a problem in the first half because our play calls are a lot more conservative. I think that some of it is just chance as turnovers and other mistakes have happened to occur early. But I think that after the Broncos are behind, we start to pass the ball down the field and suddenly our offense looks much better.
                        My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                        . Post Your Artwork .
                        . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Absurd... It's obviously magic rituals at halftime.... Duh
                          A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl View Post
                            In my mind, a good part of it is that we haven't been very good at running the ball this year. This is a problem in the first half because our play calls are a lot more conservative. I think that some of it is just chance as turnovers and other mistakes have happened to occur early. But I think that after the Broncos are behind, we start to pass the ball down the field and suddenly our offense looks much better.
                            I agree.I think our passing game has to open up the run game.If we cut out on the turnovers we should win the superbowl.

Comment

May be some truth to that but Atlanta and San Diego are because of turnovers. 3 Int's by Peyton at Atlanta was absolutely horrible. I believe (and I bet Peyton does) that we would have beaten Atlanta if not for those interceptions. I suspect that most teams, including the Broncos, will always want to try and establish the run early and maybe that is why we look like slow starters. GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Working...
                              X