Post game rants --- Saints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post game rants --- Saints

Why does it always seem like, when announcers or studio commentators (NFL Live for example) give some sort of statistic regarding "Denver Broncos (or any team) haven't lost to "whatever team" in 10 games", they lose. Or "X" defense hasn't allowed a 100 yard rusher in 8 straight games" - then the next game they allow 100 yard rusher. "Broncos haven't lost a home opener in "X" years", we then lose home opener. Its not just the Broncos either. It seems whenever they give some "streak"-type stat, the next immediate game, the opposite happens. I cringe whenever I hear some positive Broncos streak, because it seems like it gets jinxed and then ends. Anyone else notice this or agree or am I just crazy ha?!?!

Originally posted by Broncos4Ever1103 View Post
    Why does it always seem like, when announcers or studio commentators (NFL Live for example) give some sort of statistic regarding "Denver Broncos (or any team) haven't lost to "whatever team" in 10 games", they lose. Or "X" defense hasn't allowed a 100 yard rusher in 8 straight games" - then the next game they allow 100 yard rusher. "Broncos haven't lost a home opener in "X" years", we then lose home opener. Its not just the Broncos either. It seems whenever they give some "streak"-type stat, the next immediate game, the opposite happens. I cringe whenever I hear some positive Broncos streak, because it seems like it gets jinxed and then ends. Anyone else notice this or agree or am I just crazy ha?!?!
    You are crazy. However, that streak should end soon.
    "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

It just sticks in your mind when the opposite happens because then you can equate it to some sort of jinx. Basketball announcers say it all the time with free throws

Comment

Usually I notice things like that during games.

Commentator: "This player has had a quiet game so far, you have to wonder when they'll get him going."

Boom, touchdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
          Usually I notice things like that during games.

Commentator: "This player has had a quiet game so far, you have to wonder when they'll get him going."

Boom, touchdown.
          Like Gruden right before DT's touchdown

Comment

I my world, I call that "the jinx". I would be careful when talking about "the jinx" so this will be the last time I mention "the jinx".

sigpic

Comment

"the jinx"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                It just sticks in your mind when the opposite happens because then you can equate it to some sort of jinx. Basketball announcers say it all the time with free throws
                Quoted for 100% accuracy.

Comment

law of averages. eventually they will throw the number 1 target. eventually after playing that good for however many straight games you will have a hiccup.

also, its a little bit of confirmation bias (i believe thats what it is). You tend to remember the times when the streak is immediately snapped. not the time it continues, because it isnt usually a big deal then.

Comment

Happens almost every week in the NFL:

"Smith hasn't missed a field goal under 40 yards since 2010"

DOINK!

Comment

They did it to "The Law Firm" in like week 3. Can't remember who called the game. But he was boasting how he hadn't fumbled in so many hundreds of carries. And U know he fumbled the next play, lol!!!!
                      #swapping

Comment

It happens on a weekly basis and as soon as soon as that stat comes up, the count down is on. The two that comes to mind is DeMarco Murray hadn't fumbled in 200-some straight touches. Bang. 2 or 3 fumbles in the game vs the Bears. And one for Marshall Faulk too. Hadn't fumbled in some ridiculous amount of touches. Bang. Worst fumbling game of his career.

The Bears punter had one this past Monday Night. Hasn't had a punt blocked since high school or something. Although the Lions didn't block one, if I was a Bears fan, I'd be holding my breath until I saw the ball way up in the lights.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                          They did it to "The Law Firm" in like week 3. Can't remember who called the game. But he was boasting how he hadn't fumbled in so many hundreds of carries. And U know he fumbled the next play, lol!!!!
                          I believe thas even his first fumble EVER as an NFL RB
                          sigpic
                          2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
                            I believe thas even his first fumble EVER as an NFL RB
                            Right, that's what it was. And now he has like 3-5 on the season already. Jinx!!!!
                            #swapping

Comment

Maybe the announcers will talk about Drew Brees' consecutive TD record and "jinx" him Sunday night

Comment

Working...
                              X