Hillman = Spiller without experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillman = Spiller without experience

Just give this kid time, he looks like CJ Spiller did in his first year, tentative, hesitating.... Then, the light went on, he just he's and the Endzone is possible every time....
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Originally posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
    Just give this kid time, he looks like CJ Spiller did in his first year, tentative, hesitating.... Then, the light went on, he just he's and the Endzone is possible every time....
    I hope your right hes leaving a lot of yards out on the field by conituning to bounce and stretch plays out when all he needs is one cut and go. His size worries me as he looks really tiny. Not Sproles tiny but thin as well.

Comment

I think he is close to making big plays and has lots of talent.

His pass pro is very improved after apparently it was a weakness.

He is just a little hesitant sometimes and sometimes tries to do too much, but thats true with most rookies

Comment

That's actually a really good comparison

Comment

There we go one cut and go! Just dont ever fumble like that again!

Comment

Noo, Spillman is that top tier level fast

I like Hillman but he's no Spillman at least not yet...confidence is improving alot though and that's huge

Comment

I hate to say it but Hillman reminds me of a smaller more unsure Tatum Bell so far. Although Bell was a very explosive and very productive big play guy when paired with Mike Anderson. It was when we tried to make Bell a feature back that he fell apart. We need to keep Hillman in his role, were going to need another everydown back after Mcgahee retires.

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                Noo, Spillman is that top tier level fast

I like Hillman but he's no Spillman at least not yet...confidence is improving alot though and that's huge
                I'd agree, Spiller is special... But I watch him ever week, and once he just "played" and thought less, he is electric....
                A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                  That's actually a really good comparison
                  It's like watching the same guy, a year or so apart.... Although Spiller is sick, sick good...

To bad he doesn't wear the orange and blue... Lol

Comment

I can see it, although I think Spiller is far more fluid and naturally shifty and can maintain his speed when he's juking. Spiller is also built a little better and has much better top end speed.

Hillman does what looks to be a hop step when he cuts, which forces him to start from 0 and get to 60 fast...something that sometimes gives defenders time to grab him before he can get upfield.

That said, I think they can have similar roles.

Comment

Originally posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
                      I can see it, although I think Spiller is far more fluid and naturally shifty and can maintain his speed when he's juking. Spiller is also built a little better and has much better top end speed.

Hillman does what looks to be a hop step when he cuts, which forces him to start from 0 and get to 60 fast...something that sometimes gives defenders time to grab him before he can get upfield.

That said, I think they can have similar roles.
                      Looking back, I should have titled Hillman is "like" Spiller... Not equal

Comment

Welcome to the broncos!!!

Hillman 14 carries for 86 yards.

Looked EXPLOSIVE

Did have that fumble out of bounds, but didnt hurt us.

Need to get him going in the passing game more, but I LOVE the change of pace he brings. Later Knowshon.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
                          I was thinking who he reminds me of, and u nailed it. I will say this, I love his running sooooooo much better than Moreno. He does a good job of not out running his blocks and shows good patience. He just needs to trust his ability to make people miss and turn on that burst the second he hits the lane. He does that and it's lights out.
                          #swapping

Comment

Hillman is still very young. Let him grow his "man muscles" and he'll be fine.

Comment

He's gotta work on ball handling, but he's just so much more North-South than Moreno, and has faster straightline speed.

He's everything we wanted Knowshon to be...

Comment

Working...
                              X