What a Holliday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a Holliday!

So far I've seen a thread about every player except for a guy that really impressed me tonight, Trindon Holliday. It was a complete game, including special teams where Trindon showed some amazing agility and speed. I thought he was gonna take it to the house each time he touched the ball he's so shifty.

He definitely performed much better this game than his last game. Did a complete 180 which was surprising, looked good returning those punts.

Comment

Yes, he looked very good out there, he will definitely take one or more to the house by the end of the season.

Comment

I'm happy now that the game's over but I'm not going to lie - I was terrified everytime he had the ball in his hands and couldn't wait for him to go down

Comment

Originally posted by NYColt View Post
          I'm happy now that the game's over but I'm not going to lie - I was terrified everytime he had the ball in his hands and couldn't wait for him to go down
          Agreed, he did well but until he proves he can get over fumblitus he's going to scare me everytime he's out there.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            Agreed, he did well but until he proves he can get over fumblitus he's going to scare me everytime he's out there.
            one fumble doesnt not = fumbleitis
            sigpic
            -------

Comment

Can't wait for him to take one back for a TD!
              Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

I love how he pauses for a few seconds, analyzes the field, then BOOM, instant turbo!

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                  I agree.
                  Seems like our RBs have fumbilitis though
                  2 more fumbles by our RBs last night. Thats not good.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
                    I love how he pauses for a few seconds, analyzes the field, then BOOM, instant turbo!
                    Yea, I noticed that too. I was like "What the hell are you waiting for? Get moving!!" But its actually smart because it seemed to confuse the kicking team.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      You must be TERRIFIED everytime your boy Willis gets the ball

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                        It's not just "one fumble" though...I mean sure if you want to look at it as his entire career starts with us sure it's one fumble but he was expendable for the Texans due to poor decisions and muffing returns. You can't just look at his history with us as if that's all there is.

*edit* he had one during the regular season for the Texans and it was recovered he also had some issues during the preseason.

I'm not just questioning his ball skills over one mistake, he does have a history. It's a correctable issue and I have confidence he can correct it but i'm also a bit nervous when he gets the ball due to that history. I'll just have that uneasy feeling in my gut when he touches the ball.

You should already be aware of this because you were in on the discussion in the draft/fa thread but i'll post it anyways just in case you overlooked it.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...nderperformed/
                        This is from the Texans
                        Part of it was questionable decision-making,” Texans special-teams coordinator Joe Marciano said. “He dropped the ball in the end zone a couple of times. He dropped one the other day that caused a penalty. Not fair-catching and getting his clock cleaned. I think Trindon wanted to make plays so bad he pressed.
                        Again I realize it's something that can be corrected, I'm not saying it can't but he's gotta make better decisions and until he proves he can I'm going to be nervous....That's all I'm saying is I have a valid reason to mistrust his ball handling skills (though he did a good job of wrapping up the ball in the returns last night) and until he shows some consistency in it
                        Last edited by Freyaka; 10-29-2012, 10:47 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire Riggz View Post
                          You must be TERRIFIED everytime your boy Willis gets the ball
                          You must not have read my post stating willis is dead to me a few weeks ago...I'm still very sceptical of willis...I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt but I'm not overly happy with him right now.

That being said I like my avy and I'm in no rush to change it but yes Willis makes me nervous. I like the guy and he does a good job when he isn't coughing it up. Don't know that I'd define him as "my boy willis" at this point in time.
                          Last edited by Freyaka; 10-29-2012, 10:48 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
                            Yes he has very good field vision and a crapton of speed. It's one of the reasons that I think if he gets his ball control ability under wrap's he's going to be an amazing pickup for us.
                            sigpic

Comment

Holliday looked awesome. I love his return style. After his initial move he's 100% straight line down hill speed. I'm still scared of him fumbling it or muffing catches, but if he can hold onto the ball he'll do a great job swinging our field position.

Comment

Working...
                              X