No announcement yet.

What a Holliday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it would be interesting to see Trindon Holliday on the field as a RB. It won't happen because he is not even getting reps at RB during practice, but Holliday played RB at LSU. He ran 115 times for 776 yards (6.7 YPC). I saw him breaking some tackles as a returner against the Saints, and it was impressive for his size. His height could be an advantage against the defense, simply because Holliday would easily hide behind the OL. And if he finds a hole, he is gone. Zone blocking plays, screen passes out of the backfield; it might work.

I don't think he can be effective as a WR. A 5'9 CB is 4 inches taller than Holliday. The window to throw the ball would be extremely small, and I would be worried about his arm length and hands to fight for the ball and make a tough catch. I support him as the kick returner and punt returner. If he had to have a role of offense, I'd say RB instead of WR.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
      I think it would be interesting to see Trindon Holliday on the field as a RB. It won't happen because he is not even getting reps at RB during practice, but Holliday played RB at LSU. He ran 115 times for 776 yards (6.7 YPC). I saw him breaking some tackles as a returner against the Saints, and it was impressive for his size. His height could be an advantage against the defense, simply because Holliday would easily hide behind the OL. And if he finds a hole, he is gone. Zone blocking plays, screen passes out of the backfield; it might work.

I don't think he can be effective as a WR. A 5'9 CB is 4 inches taller than Holliday. The window to throw the ball would be extremely small, and I would be worried about his arm length and hands to fight for the ball and make a tough catch. I support him as the kick returner and punt returner. If he had to have a role of offense, I'd say RB instead of WR.
      I agree. I'd like to see him at RB for 4-5 plays a game and 1-2 touches. He can run the quick pitch, a screen, reverse, draw etc. At the least, make other teams have to prepare for him.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
        I agree. I'd like to see him at RB for 4-5 plays a game and 1-2 touches. He can run the quick pitch, a screen, reverse, draw etc. At the least, make other teams have to prepare for him.

he can be our Darren sproles..and use him like saints do ! this kid has lot of potential

Comment

And... We just saw Holliday as a RB.
          sigpic

Comment

The more Holliday the better if you ask me.

Comment

Again looks like I'll be roasting crow instead of Turkey in a few weeks. It is great being wrong when things are working out great. It's funny that Kubes cut him and he's doing for us what Hixson did for the Giants in 2007 when Shanny cut him. Seems Shanny and his "protégé" should have a lil bit more patience.
              #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                Again looks like I'll be roasting crow instead of Turkey in a few weeks. It is great being wrong when things are working out great. It's funny that Kubes cut him and he's doing for us what Hixson did for the Giants in 2007 when Shanny cut him. Seems Shanny and his "protégé" should have a lil bit more patience.
                And to think you and I got in a massive fight over this kid

Thanks to holiday this team is clicking in all 3 phases of the game, you win championships when you can play all 3 phases of the game as well as we have been lately.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  And to think you and I got in a massive fight over this kid

Thanks to holiday this team is clicking in all 3 phases of the game, you win championships when you can play all 3 phases of the game as well as we have been lately.
                  I must have been off my meds or something

What can I say, when I'm wrong we win and it all works out!
                  #swapping

Comment

holliday need to hold on to the ball when walkin to the endzone...

Comment

I'd like to see him run a few HB Sweeps towards the sidelines and see how effectual he is.
                      Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Trindon Holliday is 9-0 this season, 5-0 with Texans, 4-0 with Broncos.

The Holliday effect!

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                          Trindon Holliday is 9-0 this season, 5-0 with Texans, 4-0 with Broncos.

The Holliday effect!
                          Wasn't there like a Kern effect a while back. Punting for us we started a season 6-0 and then we cut him and started our losing streak and the Titans finally started winning after picking him up lol.

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                            Wasn't there like a Kern effect a while back. Punting for us we started a season 6-0 and then we cut him and started our losing streak and the Titans finally started winning after picking him up lol.
                            I'd rather have Britton.

Holliday is good, dude is a beast at returning the rock. But he got lucky yesterday, and you can't make that bone head mistake he made.

Next time the refs will be looking to see if you drops the ball before crossing.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                              I'd rather have Britton.

Holliday is good, dude is a beast at returning the rock. But he got lucky yesterday, and you can't make that bone head mistake he made.

Next time the refs will be looking to see if you drops the ball before crossing.
                              I can't believe he did it two weeks in a row. I really hope he doesn't strike out...that would be monumentally stupid.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                              X