No announcement yet.

McGahee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Based on Mcgahee's fumbles, do we think Hillman will be getting more action?

I don't think Mcgahee is ever going to change his running style. He has fumbled way too much as it was before Sunday and he goes into the line holding the ball the same way every time. It is almost as though he doesnt care, and teams are now going to be really targeting that.

Having said that, I am hoping and expecting Hillman to be getting the lions share of the work as the season goes on.

Anyone hearing anything? They sure as hell didnt give Moreno ANY chance at all after he fumbled.

Comment

• McGahee's fumbles have sucked, and need to be fixed before they catch up to us.

Having said that, McGahee is so much better than any RB on the roster, he will remain the #1 back. There is such a huge gap in talent that unless he gets hurt, I can't see Hillman taking too many reps from him.

Edit: and the reason McGahee gets more chances and Moreno doesn't is because Willis is 10x the RB Moreno is.

Comment

• Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
        McGahee's fumbles have sucked, and need to be fixed before they catch up to us.

Having said that, McGahee is so much better than any RB on the roster, he will remain the #1 back. There is such a huge gap in talent that unless he gets hurt, I can't see Hillman taking too many reps from him.

Edit: and the reason McGahee gets more chances and Moreno doesn't is because Willis is 10x the RB Moreno is.
        Is this a career issue with McGahee? I really do not remember it being so blatant last year.
        "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

• Ball security can be fixed; I think it will. McGahee is the starter and Hillman is the speller. Holliday is the receiver who lines up in the Backfield for a mismatch. The I formation hasn't been seen much lately.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post
            Is this a career issue with McGahee? I really do not remember it being so blatant last year.
            This is his 10th season and he only had 20 career fumbles going into this year. That's only 2.22 per season, and his career high for fumbles in a season was 4 in 07 and 06. He has already passed that with 5 barely half way through the year.

So yeah it isn't really longterm, and I believe he can fix it.

Comment

• When Mcgahee fumbles, it's almost always when a defender comes up from behind him. McGahee has a vicegrip on that ball. His fumbles are just a result of him trying to make the most of his touches and that just happens to be what he's made his career out of in Baltimore and now here in Denver so I don't expect him to change much up at all.

Comment

• I thought this guy said he was going to have more rushing yards this year? Could you imagine this guy in a super bowl fumbling the ball with the game on the line? Willis is our weakest link.

Comment

• Sad to think that a 10 year vet has to be taught how to hold the ball. Inexcusable, I would be alot more forgiving if he was a rookie or even a 2-3 year player.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    When Mcgahee fumbles, it's almost always when a defender comes up from behind him. McGahee has a vicegrip on that ball. His fumbles are just a result of him trying to make the most of his touches and that just happens to be what he's made his career out of in Baltimore and now here in Denver so I don't expect him to change much up at all.
                    No the reasons for his fumbles is because the ball is away from his body and they get punched out, he needs to keep 4 points of contact on that baby
                    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

• Most of it is because he's trying to use his free arm to fight for yards when he's in traffic. He just needs to go back to "101" and put both hands on the rock when he's in traffic.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Mcgahee is not that much talented then Hillman....please.....

Comment

• Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
                          I thought this guy said he was going to have more rushing yards this year? Could you imagine this guy in a super bowl fumbling the ball with the game on the line? Willis is our weakest link.
                          On offense? LOL, no that would be "Big Papi" right now. He did a decent job last weak, but he's shown to be inconsistent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rarelyoffended View Post
                            Mcgahee is not that much talented then Hillman....please.....
                            They have different skill sets. Hillman is probably a little better in the open field, but come one dude. Do you really think a guy that is outweighed by Willis by more than 40 pounds is really better between the tackles?

Willis is the best RB we've had in almost a decade.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                              This is his 10th season and he only had 20 career fumbles going into this year. That's only 2.22 per season, and his career high for fumbles in a season was 4 in 07 and 06. He has already passed that with 5 barely half way through the year.

So yeah it isn't really longterm, and I believe he can fix it.

Actually , he has fumbled 23 times going into this year. 20 times off the run and 3 times after a pass. That is approximately 1 fumble per 76 touches. I think overall it is not an issue and by far he is the best back on the team and should be number one. He has been nice addition and has really helped us in the run game since he got here. It does bother me that he has fumbled 5 times in only 9 games this year, cause that is more than any of his other years. It also bothers considering the fumble last year in the play off game that could've cost us the game. I hope its not a lingering mental thing. But, IMO, I'm put my money on the seasoned Vet getting it together and taking care of the issue. I like Hillman and I hope he developes but I think we take a big step backwards for O if WM is not our number one. Just my opinionn though. I hope Hillman learns a lot from WM while he is here also. I love the fact that Fox puts seasoned Vets in positions to teach the younger players.
                              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
                                I thought this guy said he was going to have more rushing yards this year? Could you imagine this guy in a super bowl fumbling the ball with the game on the line? Willis is our weakest link.

Are you Serious Really
                                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
                                X