No announcement yet.

McGahee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's frustrating because if he had more reliable hands he'd be a great running back. Not entirely sure bringing Moreno back is the answer though, he looked tailor-made for this Peyton Manning offense, just hasn't bore any fruit.
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
      Moreno needs to be in there.
      You're joking right?

Comment

Yeah its "THAT BAD"! We need a change. I even noticed last week when he wasnt using "Two" hands to secure the ball. Hey Willis your arms arent that strong! This is the NFL 2012-2013..............

Comment

His fumbling is getting ridiculous but why are people screaming for Moreno like he'd come in and magically give us better production on the ground?

I think benching McGahee hurts our play action passing game as well. At least teams will key in on Willis to get him to fumble lol.

Comment

Exactly, Moreno got put out to pasture after he fumbled in Atlanta. We'd be trading production in the run game for the same fumble problem.

We're riding with McGahee this year. Get used to it.

Comment

Yea he keeps this up and I may finally get around to making a new AVY....the only reason he's in there is because I'm too lazy to make a new one. Willis has got to stop dropping the ball...And the bad thing is he has been getting next to no production over the last couple of weeks even when he does hold onto the ball.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixDread View Post
                His fumbling is getting ridiculous but why are people screaming for Moreno like he'd come in and magically give us better production on the ground?

I think benching McGahee hurts our play action passing game as well. At least teams will key in on Willis to get him to fumble lol.
                I'm not thinking Knowshon will breakout or anything, but lets lighten the load of McGahee. He carries a lot, if he carries less maybe that will solve the issue. We need to figure something out before this really hurts us especially come playoff time.

Comment

I like willis, but he's quickly becoming a liability.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yup this is why I think we need to get another back in the offseason. We cant keep counting on McGahee.

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
                      You sure about Moreno? He had his own fumblitis until he started to bear-bug the ball every time he runs... which takes away from his effectiveness. Then he started to one-hand it again this season and he fumbled, putting him in the doghouse.
                      If not for the replacement refs, that's not even a lost fumble. He played pretty decent in the other games and he is a sure-handed reciever on 3rd down.

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
                      You're joking right?
                      Absolutley not. There needs to be a shakeup at running back. McGahee literally fumbles every other game, twice today, and has shown he is not a pass-catcher you can rely on. If we weren't winning these games everyone would be after his head (most are anyway). Moreno needs to be brought back into the time-share. Whether you sit Ball, or Matt Willis, or someone else.

Comment

Knowshon was someone who always had a good ability of getting yards after the catch. Dude really could have and still can be a weapon for us if he gets a chance. I don't see why not try him especially with McGahee's fumbling and suspect catching abilities. Obv McGahee should still be the #1 back, but Knowshon deserves a chance now.

Comment

No other back on our team can run like McGahee. None. They didn't bench Peterson for Gerhart because Peterson fumbled a bunch, because they couldn't replace him. They are using Willis even more now, lining him up wide and giving him screens which are working just fine. It sucks he's fumbling and is an issue, but even if he gets 3 YPC, the other RB's on the team get half that. Just how its gonna be, up to the coaches to work with WM on ball control....
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm not saying bench McGahee by any means. He needs to know how he's controlling the ball is not ok though, and you can do that to a guy like him by cutting his carries. I don't care if they give Ronnie 15 carries next week, just do something.

Comment

McGahee needs to get his butt in order or it could be him instead of Knowshon on the inactive list
                              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                                No other back on our team can run like McGahee. None. They didn't bench Peterson for Gerhart because Peterson fumbled a bunch, because they couldn't replace him. They are using Willis even more now, lining him up wide and giving him screens which are working just fine. It sucks he's fumbling and is an issue, but even if he gets 3 YPC, the other RB's on the team get half that. Just how its gonna be, up to the coaches to work with WM on ball control....
                                Yes that is true, but no other RB is putting the football on the ground either. Acutally, Peterson did get carries knocked off when he was fumbling. They need to split the carries more, because if Willis is doing this in just about half of the season, i don't even want to think what it would be like in the post-season or even the Super Bowl. In my opinin, its not just Mcgahees fault, it is the coaches fault too.
                                HE>i

Comment

Working...
                                X