Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McGahee is saturated, We need to play more with Hilman

Comment

I will remind everyone here that McGahee fumbled the ball that almost lost that play off game against the Steelers last year.

It is ridiculous and many people here cant stand Moreno cause he fumbled the ball a couple of times. He has fumbled the ball a total of 5 times as a pro since 2009.

Mcgahee has fumbled the ball 6 times in the last two years, 7 times if you count the play offs.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
        In my opinin, its not just Mcgahees fault, it is the coaches fault too.
        Rofl! It's nobodies fault but his own. He's a seasoned vet, he has absolutely zero excuse for the amount of times he has put it on the ground this year.
        sigpic
        2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Hillman as a rookie is still learning and he's small. He's not going to be a full time back especially on 3rd downs with his size.

McGahee's progress seems to be slowing these past 4 weeks. He's not producing the yardage we are accustomed to seeing.

With that being said, he's our work horse and in the grand and big picture of things, he's doing well as our power back. Because of the fumbles of late, he doesn't deserve to be thrown under the bus yet.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
            Rofl! It's nobodies fault but his own. He's a seasoned vet, he has absolutely zero excuse for the amount of times he has put it on the ground this year.
            I gotta agree with this, if he was a rookie you could maybe say "well the coaches could be doing a better job of helping him break the bad habits." But he's been in the league long enough he should already have all of this down....He's gotta get this fixed or he needs to not see the field...Thankfully he didn't cost us the game today because we had it well under control but he's going to cost us games if he keeps putting the ball on the ground and that isn't acceptable.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
              If not for the replacement refs, that's not even a lost fumble. He played pretty decent in the other games and he is a sure-handed reciever on 3rd down.

Absolutley not. There needs to be a shakeup at running back. McGahee literally fumbles every other game, twice today, and has shown he is not a pass-catcher you can rely on. If we weren't winning these games everyone would be after his head (most are anyway). Moreno needs to be brought back into the time-share. Whether you sit Ball, or Matt Willis, or someone else.
              Oh ok cause Moreno never had problems with ball security.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                Hillman as a rookie is still learning and he's small. He's not going to be a full time back especially on 3rd downs with his size.

McGahee's progress seems to be slowing these past 4 weeks. He's not producing the yardage we are accustomed to seeing.

With that being said, he's our work horse and in the grand and big picture of things, he's doing well as our power back. Because of the fumbles of late, he doesn't deserve to be thrown under the bus yet.
                I'm not throwing him under the bus, I'm simply saying we need to change something whether thats having him carry a little less or something otherwise this will cost us a game when it really matters. It is one thing to fumble every now and then especially if the defense makes a great play. It is not ok to fumble as much as McGahee does. Imagine playing the Bears in the SB. They could probably force like 5 fumbles on McGahee.

Comment

Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
                  Remember Tiki Barber and how it got fixed?.
                  HE>i

Comment

Originally posted by Orangeisback View Post
                    I will remind everyone here that McGahee fumbled the ball that almost lost that play off game against the Steelers last year.

It is ridiculous and many people here cant stand Moreno cause he fumbled the ball a couple of times. He has fumbled the ball a total of 5 times as a pro since 2009.

Mcgahee has fumbled the ball 6 times in the last two years, 7 times if you count the play offs.
                    Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
                    Did you miss Orangeisback's post?
                    HE>i

Comment

Yes he has...his entire freaking career.....
                      sigpic

Comment

whos Free Agent at the RB position in 2013?

Comment

To follow up on my reply to Yardo. He leads the league in fumbles this year for his career (not counting todays stats)

He has 1,936 carries and 26 fumbles that is roughly once every 74 carries. That is almost as bad for his career as Adrien Peterson who averages once every 66 the difference is Willis isn't nearly as productive as Peterson...
                          sigpic

Comment

Holliday played RB at LSU, we'll just put him in there lol. All of our RBs struggle holding onto the ball, McGahee's biggest problem seems to be when he gets hit from behind.

Comment

Originally posted by eddieroyal View Post
                              whos Free Agent at the RB position in 2013?
                              http://www.footballsfuture.com/2013/fa/rb.html
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                                Yes he has...his entire freaking career.....
                                Originally posted by Orangeisback View Post

While I agree with the point you're trying to make, he has 9 fumbles, 7 of which were in his first two years. I don't think you can base anything off him on this year. He had 8 carries. My apologies to everyone who thought the guys first 8 carries coming off an ACL would be world-beaters.
                                Last edited by theMileHighGuy; 11-11-2012, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X