Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take to change your mind about Manning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elecshoc View Post
    Meh, Peyton was brought in to do one thing and that's to win championships.

Why else bring in a high calibar player like that?

This wasn't an experiment to see if he was ready to go, the FO believed he was ready to go.

There in lies the arguement with those that still don't believe. For this to workout the trade off between the two qbs is to better the mini playoff run of last year which is one win away from the AFC championships of last year.

All I'm seeing above are built in excuses for failure if it happens. Right now just enjoy the ride and the assesments can't happen until the season is over and then we can decide if this was worth it.

Is Bronco football all or nothing? Maybe, this is though the thoughts from the FO in where a successful season is a championship season.

These aren't just for show.
    Excellent response! The true basis should be to compare what Tim Tebow could have done long term as a Bronco, with what Peyton can bring in a much shorter timeframe. Even for people that hold Tim Tebow (the football player not the preacher) in high regards, the nagging feeling will be there until we succeed.

Manning is very exciting to watch, and he could end up being the greatest QB to play in a Broncos uniform, but Tim Tebow was a different beast. In terms of gathering the team and willing them to win, I will say that he might actually have been greater than the Duke at that. While TT has a range of limitations, I personally believe that he would overcome them.

Like the choice Colts made between an old expensive Peyton Manning and a young player with great upside, there is no clear right or wrong. Peyton is vastly superior to Tim Tebow and to Andrew Luck, but if we go 15 years into the future and look back, it is not certain that the trade for Peyton was good. Lets say we do what Philip Rivers did for the Chargers from 2006-09 - where they "were sure SuperBowl Champs" at the start of every season. They played really well yet always fell short. If that is what we get with Peyton it is not good enough. At the end of the day these pages are calmer than they have been since 2004, because we all know that Peyton has the possibility to bring championships - it is even likely. We have made the same play KC did when they got Montana - I am sure they have fond memories - but not the ones they would have liked.

In the end while I really liked TT, I don't think that our coaching staff had the ability to develop him.
    Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 11-02-2012, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
      For me, I just don't like Manning. I've come to that conclusion and moved on from it to cheer the team on. I don't know why. He's a great QB, one of the best ever. I feel like Polian and Irsay should be ashamed for not always making sure he had the best balanced offense, defense, and special teams. He should have a minimum of 2 SB's. But I'm just not warming up to him in Orange. I understand the feelings of the old man that would have rather died than see Manning in Orange. And I know it sounds crazy, but that's just it for me.

I believe we'll play for the Championship in February. I just don't think anyone can stop us. Offensively he's got us at an unprecedented level and guys on defense are starting to play at the level he needs them to play. I'm enjoying all that. But him in orange is like Atwater in green. .......... As a Two dollar bill.

So my reasons are personal and not tied to any stats, money, "other QB's, age, or expectations. But I'm honest about that.
      Now on the flip, I hate Tom Brady. He worked over the Colts defense for years and i hate him for it.
      But make no mistake. If Tom Brady were to become my teams QB, I'd rally behind him. I'd put anything Ill i had against him in the past and move on.
      I find it disturbing that you cant move on and support your teams QB regardless of some wierd ill feelings you have that you cant even describe.
      Cant warm up to him in Orange? Are you warming up to the fact the Broncos offense is 3rd in the leauge thanks in part to his MVP playing? Are you warming up to the fact your team sits atop the AFC West by 2 games and are poised to win the AFC West with force?
      I guess i just dont get the sediment. Quite frankly never will. Be it aside I like the guy.
      I didnt care for Luck taking over as the Colts starting QB from Manning, however he is now our QB and put any feelings I had aside and support him to lead them to wins and greatness.
      Thats just me I guess.
      Perhaps if the Broncos win a SB? Na, I doubt you will even then by the way you talk. SMH
      PROUND MEMBER OF THE MILE HIGH MANNING FIVEHEAD FAN CLUB! MEMBER #101!

Comment

on a side note, im confused as to why people would hate or dislike Peyton. he's one of the most hardworking people in the sport, he's humble, he's doesn't get into it with opposing fans or media (*cough cough Rivers*) and he doesn't come off like a jerk (or model for Uggs.... ok now im just hatin', as you can tell i was a former colt fan LOL)

my boyfriend hates Peyton, but that's because he from SD and is a Charger fan. apart from things like that, i am very curious, what is there to dislike about PFM??
        sigpic

Comment

Is anyone here worried about "tired arm" from Manning towards the end of the year similar to a pitcher?

Comment

Win SuperBowl(s)! If Broncos don't win at least one SB with #18, it is a failure for both Broncos and Peyton. Peyton didn't come to Broncos to test if he can play at a high level and break records (whatever he distractors might say, don't believe it), he came to Broncos because he felt he can influence the offense with Elway at the helm and thought defense was good enough to win the SuperBowl. He rejected 49ers not because they were not a good team & they would have been scary with Peyton on their team and Peyton strongly felt (in my opinion, I agree) that as long as Jim Harbaugh is the coach, he can't shape the offense and hence he came to Broncos. John Elway wasn't philonthropic when he gave 20+ million per year to #18 but thought he had a chance to win multiple Superbowls with Manning.

Comment

For me if we go past the first round of the playoffs this year and next i think its worth it.

My worry is how long can he last now, because if he stays healthy he is as good as any QB in the league still. I am still a bit worried about our future, not a fan of Osweiler. If Manning can stay healthy 3 years we have more time but thats an if.

Comment

Peyton Manning, One awesome Owner or Coach?????

In 30 years that i been glued to the TV watching the NFL, there weren't to many players (if any) that i can honestly say they would make a good coach or owner one day.. Watching PM week in and week out, is almost like a guy Orchestraing in Opera... Its almost like what he wants to do and the Decision he wants to make, falls threw 9 out of 10 times..... its amazing watching a guy like this perform.. Glad to have live this life time to see a guy so special and of course be a proud Denver Bronco fan .!! HISTORY IN THE MAKING!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Im glad hes not Ortonstrating the opera, thats for sure
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                    Im glad hes not Ortonstrating the opera, thats for sure
                    LOL!!!:thumb:
                    sigpic

Comment

Peyton is already coaching the WRs that he is playing with. He had said he was doing a little coaching last season, but it did not work out so well. Peyton would probably be a good coach because of his attention to detail. In college Peyton was business major, so I can see him in a front office role sorta like John Elway.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                        For me, I just don't like Manning. I've come to that conclusion and moved on from it to cheer the team on. I don't know why. He's a great QB, one of the best ever. I feel like Polian and Irsay should be ashamed for not always making sure he had the best balanced offense, defense, and special teams. He should have a minimum of 2 SB's. But I'm just not warming up to him in Orange. I understand the feelings of the old man that would have rather died than see Manning in Orange. And I know it sounds crazy, but that's just it for me.

I believe we'll play for the Championship in February. I just don't think anyone can stop us. Offensively he's got us at an unprecedented level and guys on defense are starting to play at the level he needs them to play. I'm enjoying all that. But him in orange is like Atwater in green. .......... As a Two dollar bill.

So my reasons are personal and not tied to any stats, money, "other QB's, age, or expectations. But I'm honest about that.
                        Hey, honesty is the best policy. Wish you could decide what it is about him that you don't like. Maybe that would help you work through it. Glad you support the team anyway. There are some that seem like they'd get more pleasure out of Manning failing than the Broncos succeeding. You DO realize that Manning wore orange for four years already, right? That's him in the orange University of Tennessee uniform in my avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                          Peyton is already coaching the WRs that he is playing with. He had said he was doing a little coaching last season, but it did not work out so well. Peyton would probably be a good coach because of his attention to detail. In college Peyton was business major, so I can see him in a front office role sorta like John Elway.
                          So when Elway buys the Broncos he will hire Peyton to work in his front office... o_O

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                            So when Elway buys the Broncos he will hire Peyton to work in his front office... o_O

That wont be a bad idea!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOLT View Post
                              Now on the flip, I hate Tom Brady. He worked over the Colts defense for years and i hate him for it.
                              But make no mistake. If Tom Brady were to become my teams QB, I'd rally behind him. I'd put anything Ill i had against him in the past and move on.
                              I find it disturbing that you cant move on and support your teams QB regardless of some wierd ill feelings you have that you cant even describe.
                              Cant warm up to him in Orange? Are you warming up to the fact the Broncos offense is 3rd in the leauge thanks in part to his MVP playing? Are you warming up to the fact your team sits atop the AFC West by 2 games and are poised to win the AFC West with force?
                              I guess i just dont get the sediment. Quite frankly never will. Be it aside I like the guy.
                              I didnt care for Luck taking over as the Colts starting QB from Manning, however he is now our QB and put any feelings I had aside and support him to lead them to wins and greatness.
                              Thats just me I guess.
                              Perhaps if the Broncos win a SB? Na, I doubt you will even then by the way you talk. SMH
                              Read my post and u see that I am enjoying the season. I even stated that I believe we will be playing for the championship. We are definetly an improved team with him. I agree with all that and whole heartedly acknowledge that fact. It's just him, plain and simple. Call it what u want. I'm not rooting for the Broncos to lose or any of that crazy stuff. Basically I'm just not buying a 18 jersey and that's pretty much all.

I do see it as ironic that he will finish his career here and Shanny lost his here obsessing with beating him. I think Shanny was literally obsessed with beating Peyton so much that it ruined him here. He never gave any DC an opportunity to rebuild or re-tool and just put together a string defense. It was a must for the DC to stop Peyton or he was fired. He was losing his mind over it and it showed. It's kinda funny if u think about it. It would be like Elway finishing his career with the Browns.
                              #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                                Just to correct the facts, Peyton graduated *** laude with the highest grade point average in his major, speech communication, so he was not a business major. I have trouble seeing him as a coach or CEO, but he could step right into the booth at any time and do a good job, whether explaining what the team was doing offensively or defensively, or just joking around with the other announcers. He may not be very fleet of foot but he's pretty quick with a come-back. And he's definately not camera shy.

Comment

Working...
                                X