Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take to change your mind about Manning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
    So when Elway buys the Broncos he will hire Peyton to work in his front office... o_O
    Sounds like match made in heaven Elway and Manning.
    sigpic

Comment

When it comes to football Manning is an absolute genius. No way he won't be around the NFL for years upon years after he retires.
      Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Heres the thing. Os is learning from the work that Manning is putting in. If Manning doesnt win us SB or starts to not play very well, that just means we have draft picks for the future to build around Os, Von, DT, and Decker to name a few of our young guns...

We are taking a shot...and so far it looks like we hit the bullseye. Im not worried either way. Love watching Manning play.
        Go Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
          So when Elway buys the Broncos he will hire Peyton to work in his front office... o_O
          Dream scenario right there!

Peyton did just buy a bunch of Papa Johns in the Denver area... Maybe he will stay here long term.

Comment

Originally posted by TennesseeVol View Post
            Just to correct the facts, Peyton graduated *** laude with the highest grade point average in his major, speech communication, so he was not a business major. I have trouble seeing him as a coach or CEO, but he could step right into the booth at any time and do a good job, whether explaining what the team was doing offensively or defensively, or just joking around with the other announcers. He may not be very fleet of foot but he's pretty quick with a come-back. And he's definately not camera shy.
            Yeah, unless things have changed, I see Peyton in the booth or doing network stuff before coaching.

And when I say "unless things have changed" I mean it was rather well known that Peyton had a hard time not holding other players up to his own personal standards at first. I remember reading where Archie once told him to ease up on his expectations, because most other players don't work like he does, nor should he expect them too.

His SNL skit might not be too far from the truth. LOL "I can't even look at you. You know what? Go sit in the Port-o-let for twenty minutes." or "Okay, I'm sorry -- do you want to lose? I throw, you catch. It's NOT that hard! Okay?"

LOL
            OFFICIAL Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon to SB XLVII Member #1888

Comment

I think he's expressed a desire to be an owner someday and that's why the Titans offered him part ownership, but he knew there was a time and place for that AFTER football.

I think with his endorsements and setting himself up by buying franchises, that he will eventually try to build enough worth to be the majority owner of a football franchise someday after he retires.
              sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

The future I see for him is Co Owner of the Denver Broncos with John Elway. It will be amazing.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Kinda funny...Elway had alot of people who werent sold on him (not to mention a ton of Bronco fans who actively disliked him) until he helicoptered his way to a Ring.

I dont think it's going to have to be that dramatic to get the stubborn to sway thier opinions about PM. A Ring is pretty inargueable proof. Sure hope he get one for us.

P.S. If minds arent changed after just watching PM play thus far, I'm not entirely sure theres a lot of "mind" there to be changed
                  Last edited by Trench777; 11-02-2012, 09:17 PM.
                  "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

I originally thought he would go back to Indy.. but as of late.. i am not so sure. He seems to have gotten over the whole Hoosier thing IMO. He wont return to do anything football related in Indy.
                    If he does do something with football, I can see him doing it either in Denver or somewhere else. I think some bridges were brurned with Irsay. Wither or not they would ever admit it.
                    I can see him co-owning an NFL team.
                    PROUND MEMBER OF THE MILE HIGH MANNING FIVEHEAD FAN CLUB! MEMBER #101!

Comment

Admittedly, I was a Peyton fan before I was a Broncos fan. I have enjoyed watching my new team and learning about the players. I love that there are a lot of former UK players on the team - Tamme, Woodyard, and Trevathan. And for the most part, I have really enjoyed interacting with fellow Broncos fans. However, the strong, stubborn pocket of Tebow support that refuses to go away and the people who can't get behind their new QB or see the value in signing him has been the biggest headache for me adjusting to being a member of Broncos Country.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                        The future I see for him is Co Owner of the Denver Broncos with John Elway. It will be amazing.
                        Would be EPIC. Not sure John can afford it by himself just yet, neither can Peyton, would be amazing for them to do it together.
                        sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by sheenabobeena View Post
                          on a side note, im confused as to why people would hate or dislike Peyton. he's one of the most hardworking people in the sport, he's humble, he's doesn't get into it with opposing fans or media (*cough cough Rivers*) and he doesn't come off like a jerk (or model for Uggs.... ok now im just hatin', as you can tell i was a former colt fan LOL)

my boyfriend hates Peyton, but that's because he from SD and is a Charger fan. apart from things like that, i am very curious, what is there to dislike about PFM??

We barely score 19 points a game last year but some how we're not better off good.....I dont understand why people are so fascinated with Tebow....He cant throw the ball accurately,when teams had a huge lead on us;we had no chance of coming back and Im baffled how a quarterback that was 4th string was able to jump ahead 2 quarterbacks

Say what you want about Orton but atleast he earned his starting job..

Im so glad that Tebow isnt on the team,because watching him play football was very painful......

Originally posted by PeytonIsDaMan View Post
                          Admittedly, I was a Peyton fan before I was a Broncos fan. I have enjoyed watching my new team and learning about the players. I love that there are a lot of former UK players on the team - Tamme, Woodyard, and Trevathan. And for the most part, I have really enjoyed interacting with fellow Broncos fans. However, the strong, stubborn pocket of Tebow support that refuses to go away and the people who can't get behind their new QB or see the value in signing him has been the biggest headache for me adjusting to being a member of Broncos Country.

I was a fan of Manning's also,except when we play him.....for some reason people hold that against him....Its not his fault that we had a bad defense and gameplay against him..
                          I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

You guys think Peyton would want to work for the Broncos over the Colts in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                              Yep Him and Elway going in together to buy the Broncos, but who would be the real owner?
                              sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_24 View Post
                                You guys think Peyton would want to work for the Broncos over the Colts in the future?

TO early to tell just yet but I can see it happening, the Colts basically kicked him out of town, fans included.
                                sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Working...
                                X