Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take to change your mind about Manning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
    We barely score 19 points a game last year but some how we're not better off good.....I dont understand why people are so fascinated with Tebow....He cant throw the ball accurately,when teams had a huge lead on us;we had no chance of coming back and Im baffled how a quarterback that was 4th string was able to jump ahead 2 quarterbacks

Say what you want about Orton but atleast he earned his starting job..

Im so glad that Tebow isnt on the team,because watching him play football was very painful......

I was a fan of Manning's also,except when we play him.....for some reason people hold that against him....Its not his fault that we had a bad defense and gameplay against him..
    While you don't get why people are fascinated with Tebow, I do not get the Tebow hatret. In am fully in line with Jake Plummer, that I would like him better if he would scale back the religious aspects, but I am fascinated with him as a football player for the same reason I was with John Elway and Jake Plummer - the same reason I did not like Jay Cutler (don't like Cam Newton, but likes RG3)

Most people here loved Elway for his rocket arm - the Elway cross, but the reality was that we were winning ugly very often, and the most significant thing about Elway was the ability to will the team when things were bleak. As Tebow and the Snake - Tebow is a ferocious competitor, and he defined the never say never segment for NFL last year.

Jay Cutler, Cam Newton and others come out and seems to be more about being in the limelight - be the center of attention and be the star.

I personally believe that Fox and Elway seriously undermined Tebow the starter by the trades made. in 2010 roughly 85% of his passing prodution went to BLloyd, Gaffney and Buckhalter - 3 players that our regime got rid off before he started. Tebow had some bad strethes, where he surely needed to get better, but he also delivered some of the most signifiant plays of the 2011 season. How many other QB's that have taken their team to the playoffs, and won a playoff game against the top defense in his first 14 starts gets the kind of derogatory remarks Tebow gets.

According to this http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8474686 the chance of making the playoffs when we inserted Tebow was 1.8% - so it is a pretty amazing achievement he and the team put forth. He is voted into the top 100 players by his peers and ditto as the most overrated player in NFL. I believe in his leadership skills and his ability to develop - and thought the win ugly ways as the typical Bronco way. The kid has a huge upside, but given the choice between TT and Peyton, I think it is very few that do not prefer our current chances

Comment

Dinner

I was one of the more vocal doubters and said some unflattering things about Peyton. I said I hoped I was wrong and would eat crow. Sauteed, broiled, baked and grilled so far ..... After todays game I hope to be eating:
      Crow and Mushroom Stew

3 crows
      1 Tbsp lard/shortening
      1 pint stock or gravy
      2 Tbsp cream
      1/2 cup mushrooms
      salt and pepper
      cayenne pepper

Clean and cut crows into small portions and let them cook a short time in the lard/shortening in a saucepan, being careful not to brown them.
      Next, add to the contents of the pan, the stock or gravy, and salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
      Simmer 1 hour, or until tender, add mushrooms, simmer 10 minutes more and then stir in cream.
      Arrange the mushrooms around the crows on a hot platter.

; )

Comment

Working...
      X