Would we be better off if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would we be better off if...

... we had kept our recent receiving corps? It seems like Denver has become WRUniversity in that we have had many good receivers come to town only to be shipped out during transitions periods and preform well for other teams. Although I like DT/Decker/Stokes, imagine if we had kept LLoyd or Marshal. Peyton's recieving options on any given play could be any combination of:Marshal, LLoyd,Decker, DT, Stokes, Dressen, Tamme, or a RB. IMO we would be dangerous.
    I've found that prayer works best when you have big players... and Peyton Manning.

Marshall had to go. He was too much of a cancer and distraction. 2 change of sceneries later, he seems to be making progress. The Marshall now would be phenomenal on this team. The Marshall then...ugh.

Lloyd, I'd like him back. But he wanted out. I'm perfectly happy with DT and Decker.

Comment

Marshall wanted out in the worst way, and now 2 stops later, he seems to be getting the idea that the selfish receiver act has really worn thin. I'm not sure that if he stayed that he'd be the WR he is today.

As for Lloyd, what exactly has he done with Tom Brady as his QB? He was supposed to be the man in the New England offense, but has been pretty much just average.

I'd rather go with DT, who looks to be a Superstar WR in the making, and Decker, who looks like he'll be a consistent threat as well.
      sigpic

Adopted Posters:
      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
      Adopted By:
      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
      Broncbeat

Comment

I know he's ended up under Tom Brady, but still I can imagine how sick Brandon Lloyd felt when he saw us signing Manning! Like PowerAddict said Marshall was a no brainer, at the time at least.

Perfectly happy with what we've got personally.
        Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
          Marshall wanted out in the worst way, and now 2 stops later, he seems to be getting the idea that the selfish receiver act has really worn thin. I'm not sure that if he stayed that he'd be the WR he is today.

As for Lloyd, what exactly has he done with Tom Brady as his QB? He was supposed to be the man in the New England offense, but has been pretty much just average.

I'd rather go with DT, who looks to be a Superstar WR in the making, and Decker, who looks like he'll be a consistent threat as well.
          im thinking marshall isnt acting up because of success chicago. If they were struggling it would likely be the same story as always with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
            im thinking marshall isnt acting up because of success chicago. If they were struggling it would likely be the same story as always with him.
            That's possible, but I think when a team such as the Dolphins, who have a huge deficiency at WR jettisons you for less than they got you for, a light bulb has to go on in his head. At least I hope it would.

To the OP, the one guy that is no longer a Bronco but who would flourish with Manning would be Tony Scheffler. Of all the players who McDaniels got rid of, he's the guy who could help us out the most. I would go so far to say the if Scheffler was in this offense, he might put up numbers like Dallas Clark did when he and Manning were in their primes.
            sigpic

Adopted Posters:
            Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
            Adopted By:
            Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
            Broncbeat

Comment

Marshall is an athletic specimen, but we all know Manning couldn't care less about your combine work if you can't run routes or read defenses like he does. Can you imagine Marshall putting in the time that Decker and Thomas have to be on the same page as Manning? I can't.

And I think Lloyd's production in NE speaks for itself. Again, can you see Lloyd putting in the work?

I think it is tough for a vet WR to do what Manning demands. Marvin Harrison was only 2 years into the league when Manning came on board, just like Decker and Thomas. Although I am sure Manning didn't command the same respect then that he does now, Harrison never came off as the prima donna type so probably was more open to working with Manning, especially since his prior QB was Jim Harbaugh, who was probably a task master himself.

Comment

That's too many receivers. One of Decker/DT/Marshall would have to go. Not sure how well Lloyd and Jim Leonhard would get along.
                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                sigpic

Comment

I miss Scheffler more than any player we've lost over the last few seasons.

Comment

Lloyd would've been awesome paired with Manning.

Other than that, I say *blah* 'em all. They wanted to leave and threw hissy fits.

I love the professionalism of our current players...

Comment

I think Mannings ability to put the ball anywhere he wants, combined with Lloyd's ability to go get the ball anywhere it is, would be insane together... I miss Lloyd here, but it is what it is.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

What is important is to be on the same page with #18 for WRs. Broncos currently have good WRs if not great. By the end of season, two of them would be in discussion for All Pro!! It is important not to have knuckle heads WRs and I am not saying Marshall & Llyod are. With Stokley guiding them along with Peyton, Offense will be dangerous come playoff time. Broncos will score north of 30 if needed with the current crop of recievers.

Comment

Lloyd did not want to play with Tebow and even he could not foresee Manning being the signal caller for the Broncos.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                            Lloyd did not want to play with Tebow and even he could not foresee Manning being the signal caller for the Broncos.
                            I don't think anyone would have ever foreseen that, not Lloyd, not anyone!
                            Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

I to would love to have Scheff back.

To the OP, I dont think we can be happy with what we have. There is always room for improvement. Teams will always try to shutdown DT after this season. It seems once a player has a breakout season, teams key in on it and try to shut him down. Also, we really dont have to much good depth. I would like one more #1/2 receiver to go with DT and Deck. Maybe we should look at another slot guy as well.

I would go one via FA and one via draft.
                              Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Working...
                              X