Looking At The Stats.....Broncos Should Be Slight Favourites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking At The Stats.....Broncos Should Be Slight Favourites

Forget the records, this game looks to be in our favour, but not by much. And for the record, this analysis is based on current stats, and we all know anything can happen from week to week.

O

Total Yards (league ranking) - Denver 3rd / Carolina 20th

Scoring - Den 4th / Car 27th

Passing - Den 4th / Car 17th

Rushing - Den 17th / Car 12th

D

Total Yards - Den 10th / Car 13th

Scoring - Den 1th / Car 13th

Passing - Den 10th / Car 13th

Rushing - Den 12th / Car 20th

Sacks - Den 7th / Car 7th

Interceptions - Den 12th / Car 19th

Analysis

Based on the above, The Broncos are definitely better on O, but Carolina does have a slight edge in the run game.

Manning is a much better QB so far, with the #1 passer rating in the league, while Newton is 28th. BUT one never knows if Newton will be the dominating force he can be. Just hasn't shown enough of it this year.

On D, it's very close, even if we have an edge in most of the key categories.

This looks like a Woodyard type of game, in terms of keeping Newton contained. And Champ will need to keep Smith intact as well. The trick will be to keep Newton in the pocket, and also be able to limit their run game, which is decent.

A few things enter the equation......Carolina appears to be better than their record, and has home field. They have had a fairly tough schedule (incl. The Falcons, Bears and Giants), as have we, so that's basically a wash.

If Manning keeps being Manning, I believe our O can score enough to negate the impact of Newton and a pretty evenly matched D. But I do like Champ, Woodyard, Miller and Doom is this game.

~~~~~~~~~~

A Broncos win would really improve our road to the Divison and towards home field in the playoffs!!

Fun fact... Newton has eight INT's and eight fumbles this season. I really hope WMD can force some turnovers in this one.

Comment

According to this chart if we just keep from turning the ball over we would probably be superbowl champs.We are 30th in the league in turnovers lost,that number has to change.

Comment

One stat I would like to add..The Panthers are 7-1 when Newton doesn't have a turn over in the game. When he has atleast one, the Panthers are 1-15.

As with any team we play, our defense has to force turnovers. Cam Newton isn't the most accurate QB (57% completetion rate with 6 TD's and 8 picks this year) in the NFL, so I think we need to get a solid 2 TD lead early and let the D pin their ears back and test Newton's ability to try and beat us with the pass.

Comment

On defense we are ranked 21 in pass touchdowns.I do see an improvement over the last couple weeks.

Comment

We're 1th in points! I don't even know what that means!
            sigpic
            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
              We're 1th in points! I don't even know what that means!
              It's kind of like 1nd. But not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bry2 View Post
                It's kind of like 1nd. But not.
                or 1rd perhaps?

Sounds good but still not sure.
                sigpic
                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

O I thought it was like a 1/10th abreviated. I thought we were ranked .1 which would mean the first ranked team would be 10 times worse than us . Dang wish I would have known it was like the 1rd and 1nd.

Adopted Broncos:
                  (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                  (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                  (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                  Adopted posters:
                  Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    Looking At The Stats.....Broncos Should Be Slight Favourites
                    Forget the records, this game looks to be in our favour, but not by much.
                    Okay ... I get the Canadian bit. But do you really have to type with a French accent?
                    "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

itll be a tough game for us but to win the division n get the best seed possible you gotta beat teams that are 2-6...regardless of what there record 'should be'...as parcells said you are what your record says u are...

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post
                        Okay ... I get the Canadian bit. But do you really have to type with a French accent?
                        wouldn't that be more of a British accent oui oui?

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                          wouldn't that be more of a British accent oui oui?
                          British? I do not know because I can NEVER understand a word THEY SAY! (I wish they would just speak English.)

"Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post
                            British? I do not know because I can NEVER understand a word THEY SAY! (I wish they would just speak English.)

Oh, don't get me started.

sigpic
                            - ★ -
                            2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Originally posted by Sync View Post
                              Oh, don't get me started.

How timely of you to appears. :tea:

Comment

Working...
                              X