Looking At The Stats.....Broncos Should Be Slight Favourites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Everything you said up til the last line made sense.........but don't go to Transcona for croissants......well you can, they'll sell 'em to you.

Go to St. Boniface!
    It's odd, because I grew up in (what was then) a rather obscure place in the mountains of Colorado. My allegiance with the Broncos is not simply a "local team" thing. People who grow up in places like I did end up respecting certain things and with certain innate values. The long history of the Broncos epitomizes those same values for me.

I was lucky enough to spend ten years with a major airline. Anyone who does not find a sandy beach at least temporarily euphoric is certifiably crazy. However, my tenure with that airline taught me that people are not the same everywhere!

My humble little mountain community is gone. The mountains are still there - but the "community" has evolved into something else. I have often thought that as soon as family circumstances change I will either be somewhere in the South, like Carolina, or in some place like Trancona. (I did Google it.)

I believe humor can break down barriers. However, it is not lost on me that the people in the South really are special. They go out of their way to be polite. The people I know from Canada are special because they just are!

We are less than two year removed from a pretty tumultuous time in Bronco history. The team has changed dramatically. However, what I find awesomer are the fans that use SPELL CHECK!

Last edited by kevlar441; 11-09-2012, 07:21 PM.
    "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sync View Post
      I dislike being called Pond Guy.
      Okay "ocean guy".

Why not explain to me how a nation that is no more than 2 inches long on the map can have so many dialects? (And do not even try to get me on that "It's not inches it's a centimeters thing")

You people can't even buy fish from each other.
      Last edited by kevlar441; 11-09-2012, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Newton has had a rough second year. As the team can't depend on him carrying them all the time!
        Ready for October Falls

Comment

Originally posted by JPPT1974 View Post
          Newton has had a rough second year. As the team can't depend on him carrying them all the time!
          Hey, finally someone on topic......

Sorry, some of us folks who have been here for a while can't seem to stick with the program......trouble is, we have too much fun here!!

Welcome aboard!!:thumb:

Comment

You are right.....CMs are equal to a foot......therefore we are getting 20 or more feet of snow this weekend!!!!!
            I am kidding, right.....but the sad part of this, all those cms we are getting equal about "one" actual foot of snow (which is far too much!!), and blown around pretty good, which makes for bad driving, tons of snow clearing, and very high drifts!!!

The sad thing is, I was thinking today how the open fields around here look so nice, with no snow.....and after this weekend we will probably not see those images again until sometime this spring......such are the seasons around here.

Comment

I am kidding, right.....but the sad part of this, all those cms we are getting equal about "one" actual foot of snow (which is far too much!!), and blown around pretty good, which makes for bad driving, tons of snow clearing, and very high drifts!!!

The sad thing is, I was thinking today how the open fields around here look so nice, with no snow.....and after this weekend we will probably not see those images again until sometime this spring......such are the seasons around here.
              Dreamy, dreamy, dreamy ... like the Panthers beating the Broncos!

Who names their kid Cam? (Smack thread.) "I'll open a cam of woop .... "

IS THAT BACK ON TOPIC? .... rrrrrrr!

Comment

The first page of this thread is epic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elecshoc View Post
                  The first page of this thread is epic
                  everyone who has posted in this thread.. has come out more confused... this place is like the bermuda triangle.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                    everyone who has posted in this thread.. has come out more confused... this place is like the bermuda triangle.
                    How much more was there to say about the original topic? I started to respond at one point and had to delete the whole post simply because Can had virtually said everything in the OP.

I took a look at some of the Carolina threads and just felt sorry for those fans. If the intelligent ones want to come here great. However, there really isn't that much to say in response to what Can has already stated. So why not have fun?

I do not hear anyone chiming in with something new. Do you?

I, personally, would love more insight and would welcome it as much as everyone else here. However, why stay totally "on topic" when the few points have already been discussed?

NOTE: It has been along time since these boards were as civil, congenial, understanding and as much a fun loving community as they are now. I thank everyone for that.

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post
                      How much more was there to say about the original topic? I started to respond at one point and had to delete the whole post simply because Can had virtually said everything in the OP.

I took a look at some of the Carolina threads and just felt sorry for those fans. If the intelligent ones want to come here great. However, there really isn't that much to say in response to what Can has already stated. So why not have fun?

I do not hear anyone chiming in with something new. Do you?

I, personally, would love more insight and would welcome it as much as everyone else here. However, why stay totally "on topic" when the few points have already been discussed?

NOTE: It has been along time since these boards were as civil, congenial, understanding and as much a fun loving community as they are now. I thank everyone for that.
                      Hey kev.......I think you see a real pattern happening.....I start a serious thread, and for one page or so, folks stay on topic. BUT after all that "heavy" thinking......we tend to slide away on some fun stuff, which is so much easier on the old brain. Suits me fine!!!

In fact, I think I am the biggest derailer of my own threads!!!! Maybe there's an award for that......on the other hand, I must have a short attention span!!

(and yes, I like the comraderie too!!!)
                      Last edited by CanDB; 11-10-2012, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Hey kev.......I think you see a real pattern happening.....I start a serious thread, and for one page or so, folks stay on topic. BUT after all that "heavy" thinking......we tend to slide away on some fun stuff, which is so much easier on the old brain. Suits me fine!!!

In fact, I think I am the biggest derailer of my own threads!!!! Maybe there's an award for that......on the other hand, I must have a short attention span!!

(and yes, I like the comraderie too!!!)
                        No. I will instantly take the lions share of any blame for "derailing" a few threads of late! I will also apologize right now for any and all behavior deemed "out of line".

However, in my own defense, I find it hard not to indulge in some fun these days. We all know what this team and hence these forums have been through over the course of the last few years.

My hat is off to the MODs that had to not only endure it - but also try to keep a lid on it.

All one has to do is take a quick glance at some of the other team's forums these days in order to truly appreciate this one, it's members and it's administration right now!

:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post
                          No. I will instantly take the lions share of any blame for "derailing" a few threads of late! I will also apologize right now for any and all behavior deemed "out of line".

However, in my own defense, I find it hard not to indulge in some fun these days. We all know what this team and hence these forums have been through over the course of the last few years.

My hat is off to the MODs that had to not only endure it - but also try to keep a lid on it.

All one has to do is take a quick glance at some of the other team's forums these days in order to truly appreciate this one, it's members and it's administration right now!

:thumb:
                          I agree (except for you being the big, bad derailer!!!)......

I also believe that winning doesn't hurt too much either!!!

Comment

I think if anyone is going to get a re-railed award it should clearly be me..

and as they say "winning fixes everything" as far as everyone getting a long. We don't really have any polarizing figures on the team generally speaking, the team is doing well as of late... not a heck of a lot for folks to complain and fight about.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                              I think if anyone is going to get a re-railed award it should clearly be me..

and as they say "winning fixes everything" as far as everyone getting a long. We don't really have any polarizing figures on the team generally speaking, the team is doing well as of late... not a heck of a lot for folks to complain and fight about.
                              Yah....that Manning dude sure brings out the worst in us!!!

And Rem.....you and I are in a tight race for de-railer of the year!!! Kev's not quite there yet in my books.

But I think I have a lock on "de-railer of own threads, of the year"......I am so disrespectful of myself!!!
                              Last edited by CanDB; 11-10-2012, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X