Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living the Dream; Forgetting the nightmare!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living the Dream; Forgetting the nightmare!

All of us as Broncos fans see us running the table and going into the playoffs as a 1 or 2 seed with a bye. Home field possibly throughout, along with a home victory in the AFC championship against the Patriots 55-10. Just like the 49ers posted on us in the Super Bowl.
    Which by the way is possible for us to do. We can run the table and get to the Super bowl with this team & this QB. But am I the only the only one who sees the nightmare scenario? Sure I want revenge on the falcons in the Super Bowl for our early season loss or another shot at the Texans & Patriots. But that's not what is lumming on the horizon in the playoffs. The nightmare scenario for me right out of the storybook's is a showdown with Luck's Colts in the playoffs. As of now their record is better then the Patriots,Steelers, and ours. Now I'll give you that they've had one more game but it was an impressive win on the road against the Jags. Andrew Luck is good even a star in the making but is he Lucky. Could Mannings old Colts meet up with the Broncos in the playoffs and knock us out. I certainly hope we never have to face that scenario. I still keep dreaming about an all Manning Super Bowl and hope people quiety dismiss this record shattering rookie QB. Luck's time will come just not at the expense of the Broncos immediate need for success...

If we play the colts we would beat them

There are some college teams who could beat the jags at home right now
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

And yet, they aren't beating good teams yet. Like last season when we had an entirely different attack and QB, we won games against teams that weren't very good and got beat by good (and some bad) teams.

The Colts might get as far as the wild card game, but I don't see them getting beyond that this year.
      You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

nice photo rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
          If we play the colts we would beat them

There are some college teams who could beat the jags at home right now
          That is silly. There isn't a college team or a college all-star team that could beat any NFL team.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I agree samparnell

Comment

Funny, I was thinking this morning about how the Broncos will again have to build their team to contend with Indy in the AFC. Not so much this year - their O-line isn't great (though getting better, like ours), the D is inconsistent and can be exploited by a good QB, and Luck still makes some mistakes. BUT Luck is WAY ahead of the typical rookie curve, and he's a natural winner. The Colts probably won't go far in the playoffs this year, but it sure looks like they're headed toward being perpetual contenders again. It's not fair really. NFL teams should have to wander aimlessly through the QB woods for at least a decade between great QB's. Indy only had to wander for 1 year.

This year? I think the Broncos and Manning win the matchup. Next year and beyond? Watch out.

Comment

well said dgobronco

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  That is silly. There isn't a college team or a college all-star team that could beat any NFL team.
                  There have been many college teams with 4-5 or even more really good NFL players on their teams. Teams like that could beat bad NFL teams imo. Not saying it would happen 5 times out of 5 tries not even saying I would put money on it I am just saying it COULD happen

Guessing you saying if we gave a really good college team packed with future NFL stars and starters 100 chances to beat a bad NFL team it would not even happen once?
                  Last edited by Hadez; 11-09-2012, 09:13 AM.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Luck is playing great but their road isnt the easiest coming up...Pats, Texans pretty much back to back, Lions if they show up, Tenn will be close. Id say 9-7 is the best case scenario for them. I could be wrong. The media needs to lay off "if the playoffs started today" thing. Way too much football left

Comment

We would crush the colts into oblivion. They are not very good. What aboring game it was last night. How many points did they put up on the lowly jags? The colts do not stand a chance against us. I would love to see them in the playoffs.
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

There have been many college teams with 4-5 or even more really good NFL players on their teams. Teams like that could beat bad NFL teams imo. Not saying it would happen 5 times out of 5 tries not even saying I would put money on it I am just saying it COULD happen

Guessing you saying if we gave a really good college team packed with future NFL stars and starters 100 chances to beat a bad NFL team it would not even happen once?
                        There might be some college teams even with 10 future NFL players, but NFL teams have 53 NFL players on their roster. No way does a college team even come close to beating an NFL team.

Comment

Wow, i know its slow but I do not think he was Literally Saying a college team would beat them. Although they are terrible enough it might happen. A little hyperbole i think fellas. No need to hang on every word as truth.
                          So far:
                          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Not a chance. Alabama is a great college team, but they wouldn't stand a chance against the Jaguars even. NFL players are GROWN ASS MEN. Thats like the difference between a great high school football team and a weak college team. They are miles apart in terms of development. Ask any rookie in the NFL and they will say the first thing they notice is the speed of the game is far quicker in this league
                            @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              Idk that Alabama team might as well be a pro team
                              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Working...
                              X