Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living the Dream; Forgetting the nightmare!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree put the best college team or even 24 of the best college players together n no wayyy they even score a TD...vs a the jags or any other bad team...

Comment

Indy would be no match this year! Next year maybe........

Comment

If Alabama or Oregon played the worst NFL team (Jax, KC, etc.) Vegas would have the NFL team favored rightly by at least 21 points. Alabama might have 7 guys get drafted and maybe 5 of them pan out next year in the league. NFL rosters are full of NFL talent that is 90% proven. The best college team would get absolutely murdered by the worst NFL team every day of the week hands down. Blaine Gabbert and his lackluster receivers would make Saban's defense look silly.
        Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
        Supporting this staff!
        Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

Originally posted by Jay2Javon4life View Post
          If Alabama or Oregon played the worst NFL team (Jax, KC, etc.) Vegas would have the NFL team favored rightly by at least 21 points. Alabama might have 7 guys get drafted and maybe 5 of them pan out next year in the league. NFL rosters are full of NFL talent that is 90% proven. The best college team would get absolutely murdered by the worst NFL team every day of the week hands down. Blaine Gabbert and his lackluster receivers would make Saban's defense look silly.
          I could write a long essay showing where highly favored more talents football teams have lost to less talented teams...teams that were favored to win by 14-20+ points.

There are not examples in football that I know of but there are examples in other sports of pro teams losing to non-pro teams or major league teams losing to minor league teams.

Anyone who thinks there is any abosute truth in who wins a sports game needs a reality check
          Last edited by Hadez; 11-09-2012, 12:00 PM.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            I could write a long essay showing where highly favored more talents football teams have lost to less talented teams...teams that were favored to win by 14-20+ points.

There are not examples in football that I know of but there are examples in other sports of pro teams losing to non-pro teams or major league teams losing to minor league teams.
            There is not a snowballs chance in hell of a college team beating a pro team. You could take the bottom 15% players on NFL rosters.. and the majority of them would be near the top of most college teams talent. the NFL really is the apex of the talent pool of football players.

The fact that people are even having this conversation though does speak to the talent of that Alabama team.. that should be taken as a compliment by those players .. heh

Comment

Anyone who thinks there is any abosute truth in who wins a sports game needs a reality check
              NFL and NBA players are the most physically gifted athletes in the world and there is literally 0% chance that a college basketball team or college football team could ever beat a pro team in those sports. People made the argument last year that Kentucky could beat the Bobcats if they played. They would get killed in a game by 20+ and the same goes for football.

Alabama has some fantastic athletes and several of those guys will go pro over the next few seasons, but an NFL roster is made up of 53 guys that have NFL talent and have competed and beaten the best competition at the highest level. Look at how few rookies come into the league and look competent each year, it takes time to develop. NFL players already go against the best competition each and every week and all of those guys have grown into their body and have worked countless hours on technique as well as the mental aspect of the pro game. I love Alabama and enjoy watching them because Saban does a nice job of preparing guys for NFL style play, but they would get smacked by an NFL squad. They already have weaknesses against college competition, imagine what a professional team would do exploiting those weaknesses. The line play would be so dominated that the game would be over by half.
              Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
              Supporting this staff!
              Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

Hereford United 2 Newcastle United 1 FA Cup 3rd Round back in 1972. Newcastle was a First Division team and Hereford were amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by mb3playa View Post
                  Not a chance. Alabama is a great college team, but they wouldn't stand a chance against the Jaguars even. NFL players are GROWN ASS MEN. Thats like the difference between a great high school football team and a weak college team. They are miles apart in terms of development. Ask any rookie in the NFL and they will say the first thing they notice is the speed of the game is far quicker in this league
                  basically

I dont understand why people keep saying that nonsense......:brick::brick:

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                  Idk that Alabama team might as well be a pro team
                  To say that Alabama might as well be a pro team is so ridiculous.....They wouldnt even make it to midfield let alone have 2 first downs in the whole game against the worst NFL team....
                  I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

The College vs Pro discussion is kindda interesting.

In soccer it is fairly common that very low ranked teams beat the big guys from time to time but it is also a very different game. In soccer any team can gameplan for all out defense the entire game and gain a 1-5% chance to get a draw or maybe a win.

Football is much more organized and about exploiting matchups. There WILL be matchups on the field where the college team is so inferior that it can be exploited the entire game. An undersized line = NFL team running on every play and scoring on every drive. A bad corner = NFL team passing that way on every play and scoring on every drive etc. etc.

I just don't see the upset happening...
                    sigpic

Comment

NFL and NBA players are the most physically gifted athletes in the world and there is literally 0% chance that a college basketball team or college football team could ever beat a pro team in those sports. People made the argument last year that Kentucky could beat the Bobcats if they played. They would get killed in a game by 20+ and the same goes for football.

Alabama has some fantastic athletes and several of those guys will go pro over the next few seasons, but an NFL roster is made up of 53 guys that have NFL talent and have competed and beaten the best competition at the highest level. Look at how few rookies come into the league and look competent each year, it takes time to develop. NFL players already go against the best competition each and every week and all of those guys have grown into their body and have worked countless hours on technique as well as the mental aspect of the pro game. I love Alabama and enjoy watching them because Saban does a nice job of preparing guys for NFL style play, but they would get smacked by an NFL squad. They already have weaknesses against college competition, imagine what a professional team would do exploiting those weaknesses. The line play would be so dominated that the game would be over by half.
                      Saying there is a 0% chance of a college team beating a NFL team is a little naive, IMO, there is always a chance to win. Game still has to be played

This discussion made me think of "The Dream Team" documentary on ESPN that they showed during the Olympics. They gathered an "all star" team of college basketball players to practice against MJ, Larry Bird, Magic, etc etc, day in and day out to prepare for the Olympics. And do you know what happened the first time they scrimmaged??? The college team destroyed MJ, Magic and crew-- if memory serves me correctly. Just something to chew on and something I found very interesting, the game always needs to be played.

All that being said, I think you would have to have a very gifted, special, and physically mature group of college players to compete with NFL teams. The confidence, or swagger, of an NFL team would have a huge effect on the game as well. Knowing that they are in the NFL and are "better" than their opponent, IMO, would help them perform better than their opponent. Whereas on the other side, I think the college players may be awestruck, causing them to be tentative and not perform as well. Advancing to the "next" level in anything is always an adjustment, the speed and physicality of the game would definitely be eye opening for the college players, IMO, but something I feel they could adjust to and cope with in-game.

I guess what I'm getting at is never say never, and it would be very interesting to see.
                      Don't give up... Don't ever give up

Comment

Any contribution to the discussion on the topic of whether a college football team could defeat a pro football team would have more credibility if it limited its comparisons to football teams (i.e., American football).
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

So is Texas a & m a Superbowl contender?

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                            So is Texas a & m a Superbowl contender?
                            lol n some were bama or oregon could beat a pro team...absolutely absurd

Comment

This A&M win should fire Von up... :thumb:
                              Bronco fan sine '61...

Comment

NFL and NBA players are the most physically gifted athletes in the world and there is literally 0% chance that a college basketball team or college football team could ever beat a pro team in those sports.
                                It was already mentioned but arguably the greatest basketball team ever assembled in the Dream Team lost to a group of college players in their first scrimmage game.
                                Goodbye Colts, hello Broncos!

Comment

Working...
                                X