Mccoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mccoy

If Mike Mccoy gets a head coaching job (hopefully) for next year who would you guys like to bring in for a offensive coordinator? Im thinking Norv Turner or just have PM run the show haha

iscuss:
    sigpic

I've already heard Adam gase is next in line for offensive coordinator
    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
      I've already heard Adam gase is next in line for offensive coordinator
      I approve this message

Comment

McCoy wont go anywhere. There are enough former coaches like Gruden, Cowher, Billick etc. that would be offered HC jobs before McCoy does. Also, playing with Peyton to me might diminish his value as GMs will look at coaches that have left Peyton:

Ron Meeks as former Colts DC went to the Panthers and is now secondary coach with the Chargers

Jim Caldwell as former Colts head coach went to Baltimore and is now QB coach for Flacco???

Mike McCoy could also be seen as the reason for first half defensive woes with both Tebow and Peyton. Unlike Tebow, Peyton's influence on the offense probably takes over as the season goes on and the Broncos' O looks better in the first half as the season goes on. It is more a case of McCoy being on board with Peyton than the other way.

JDR - coaches have seen Wade Philips, Dick Jauron, Steve Spagnuolos and even JDR be good DCs and not good head coaches, so I think JDR will be extended after this season by Elway. Same way with Mike Mularkey and Jason Garrett and Norv Turner, good OCs that are not HC material.

Comment

if McCoy leaves, I dont think anyone will replace him except for PFM. Watching sideline footage, it seems after every drive PFM is bringing the offensive players together, talking strategy, offering words of encouragement and during game time it seems he is audilizing, I would estimate, 40-45% of the called play.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
            if McCoy leaves, I dont think anyone will replace him except for PFM. Watching sideline footage, it seems after every drive PFM is bringing the offensive players together, talking strategy, offering words of encouragement and during game time it seems he is audilizing, I would estimate, 40-45% of the called play.
            Agree 100% why bring in a offensive cord when you have PM.
            sigpic

Comment

I would say Tom Moore. The two seemed to work pretty well together in Indy.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by qbronco View Post
                This. Moore and Manning are great together. I remember watching a video on Moore and him saying that when they were together he gave Peyton a number of plays at a time and just let him choose the best one. So basically Peyton would be the coordinator but Moore would have the title. Also Moore came to Training Camp for a "visit" last year that to me says he will be here in some capacity sooner rather than later.

Comment

That would be a interesting choice. I didn't even think of him. Good call. I just wonder what the chances of bringing in a guy like him would be
                  sigpic

Comment

I really don't think Gruden is gonna go back to coaching

You can tell his life is a lot easier now doing the broadcasting thing and his other side projects

At least not anytime soon (unfortunately for us)

Frank Caliendo does a great Chucky impression

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8507635
                    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

I think this would be great. PFM would be in his comfort zone, both are always on the same page. The only problem is that Moore isnt a spring chicken and I wonder if he would want to grind out the whole package including draft, OTA's, camp, pre-season, 16 game schedule, playoffs. Maybe bring him in a limited role to help prep game plans during the season.

Comment

Who would I like? Chip Kelly ...
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

The only problem with that is how much "coaching" he has left in the tank. He may work for the Manning show, but there's not enough there for the young guys to work with. Say Brock is to be the guy in 2014. That would mean 3 OC's and 3 different systems. Because I'm sure when Peyton is done, Moore will be also. That would totally set Brock and Brock's offense back. Gase may be the best choice for long term stability. Because we do not want to go down the same road our defense has been down.
                          #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                            The only problem with that is how much "coaching" he has left in the tank. He may work for the Manning show, but there's not enough there for the young guys to work with. Say Brock is to be the guy in 2014. That would mean 3 OC's and 3 different systems. Because I'm sure when Peyton is done, Moore will be also. That would totally set Brock and Brock's offense back. Gase may be the best choice for long term stability. Because we do not want to go down the same road our defense has been down.
                            2014, so u think Peyton plays one more year?

I'd agree with Gase too.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                              Who would I like? Chip Kelly ...
                              He'd replace Fox, not McCoy...

Comment

Working...
                              X