Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think are the most overrated/underrated players on our roster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noobius View Post
    People think he's consistently getting pressure and is a significant part of the pass rush due to his sack stat but that isn't really the case. Most of his sacks were isolated incidents he capitalized on and not something he can consistently make happen. Also I haven't payed much attention but I've heard his run defense is meh. People have been acting like he's an above average starter when he's really just a plug in type guy at this point. Which isn't terrible for a rookie but I agree he's overrated.
    I agree completely. He isn't as good of a pass rusher as you would think based off of his sack number. He rarely gets pressure, but somehow when he does he almost always seems to get a sack.

I really wonder where Wolfe's future is position wise. Base DE, sub package DT? Or full time DT?

He really needs to improve. He needs to get stronger and more agile, and he also needs to improve his moves. All he has now is a bull rush.
    Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

I change mine-

Overrated: Peyton Manning
      Underrated: Peyton's Neck Bones

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
        I change mine-

Overrated: Peyton Manning
        Underrated: Peyton's Neck Bones
        I liked your first response more.
        Goodbye Colts, hello Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by Mortal View Post
          For me...

Overrated: Derek Wolfe
          Underrated: JD Walton
          Overrated ; Mike Adams
          Underrated : Wesley Woodyard (although am thinking this changes by the end of the year)
          sigpic

Comment

Im amazed at all the people saying Doom is overrated. The man has 5 strip sacks already this year. Really people? he also has 7 sacks. I bet you all didnt even notice the 2 penalties he forced on the Bengals LT last week that led to Champs INT. Doom is a beast.

Comment

I think everyone needs to chill on Dumervil being overrated.... He does what he does and that is get to the QB. Average if you want to call it in run defense but at his skill level he has been one of the best players at his position in the league for a while. This is not news. Former NFL sack King Elvis Dumervil!

So we pay him a ton... just a good example of Denver taking care of its own. Thanks McD!
              Last edited by Zealander; 11-11-2012, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                Overrated: Dumervil
                Underrated: DJ, Holliday(As a Returner), Vickerson
                "BUT OMG HE IS SUCH A LIABILITY"

What a beast

Comment

Over Rated: DJ Williams

Under Rated: Stokley

Comment

Underrated- DJ Williams. Consistently one of the best players on our defense... misses ten games and still gets "overrated" by everyone here even though he isn't playing. Woodyard has been great this year and still isn't as good ad DJ. His off the field issue has GREATLY clouded some peoples judgement of his ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Corn_3024 View Post
                      Underrated- DJ Williams. Consistently one of the best players on our defense... misses ten games and still gets "overrated" by everyone here even though he isn't playing. Woodyard has been great this year and still isn't as good ad DJ. His off the field issue has GREATLY clouded some peoples judgement of his ability.
                      Totally agree. When DJ comes back this defense is going to be more scary. We are good as it is but when we add Williams we could soar to elite status.

Brooking has the mental tools but DJ can make plays and isnt as dumb as some people think he is. I really believe he can play MLB on this defense and push us over the top.
                      Last edited by gaberox; 11-11-2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Overrated- DJ Williams
                        Underrated - Robert Ayers

I've seen DJ Williams miss so many tackles over the last few years, He obviously doesnt care about playing football anymore.

I don't know what fire Jack Del Rio lit under Robert Ayers,,, But he is starting to be the pass rusher everyone wanted him to be.
                        Last edited by Giddy'up; 11-12-2012, 09:51 AM. Reason: extra content
                        sigpic

Comment

Overrated: Decker
                          Underrated: Ayers

Now, Im not saying I dont like Decker. I think he is a good player and has some great stats so far this year. However, hes way too inconsistent. He needs to clean up some of those silly plays, and he will be top notch.

Also, I disagree with all the Doom votes. I think hes been great this year.
                          sigpic

Comment

Overrated: McCoy
                            Underrated: Denver Broncos (by the league that is)

Due to our losses and who we lost to, I think the league is overlooking us a bit.

I cant stand McCoy's play calling, it drives me nuts. Runs on first down every time and screen passes on 3rd and 6 or longer? You HAVE to be kidding me.
                            Go Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by elway93 View Post
                              Over Rated: DJ Williams

Under Rated: Stokley
                              I'd like to emphasize the underrated choice here. Stokley is one of those receivers that you expect and really know he will catch the ball for sure. Has the surest hands of our receivers IMO. So glad he is on our team again.

As for overrated I'd probably go Decker. He is good, but for as good as he is/can be, he will make the inevitable drop which he shouldn't.

Comment

Overrated: This forum overrating our best players that have the production to back up calling them the best.
                                Underrated: Holliday, Chris Harris, Tony Carter, Woodyard, Hillman, Stokely
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X