Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think are the most overrated/underrated players on our roster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
    you're probably right.
    I mean, theyre all hype, they dont really have much of an impact on the game
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      define

10 char
      Overrate: to rate, value, or estimate too highly

underrate: to value, rate, or estimate below the real worth

Nobody is rating Moreno high at all, so there is not reason for him to be in the overrated category.
      And nobody talks enough about how important Joel and Jacob are to our offense, so they should be in the underrated category. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by DaBlacEffect View Post

Nobody is rating Moreno high at all, so there is not reason for him to be in the overrated category.
        And nobody talks enough about how important Joel and Jacob are to our offense, so they should be in the underrated category. IMO
        well done, i.e., forkworthy :thumb:
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by DaBlacEffect View Post

That's because to this point Tamme hasn't been that effective in the offense. Except for maybe blocking.

I'll give you Dreesen though.
          sigpic

Comment

To the haters:

Dumervil leads the team with 5 forced fumbles, and he has 7 sacks (on pace for 13).

Before yesterday's game, he also led the NFL in total quarterback pressures. His inadequacy in the run game is largely overstated.

Comment

Originally posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
              To the haters:

Dumervil leads the team with 5 forced fumbles, and he has 7 sacks (on pace for 13).

Before yesterday's game, he also led the NFL in total quarterback pressures. His inadequacy in the run game is largely overstated.
              Agreed. If anything based on the opinions of this thread he is now largely underrated. It's like if he doesn't get a sack on every single dropback then he is overrated and not doing his job. Give me a break people.

I'd CP you but I'm tapped out.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
                To the haters:

Why do people have to be considered "Haters" because they have their own opinion about a player? I believe DOOM is a good player, but when we extended him for $60 mil, he went straight to the "overrated" catergory. DOOM is good, not $60 mil good.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                  Why do people have to be considered "Haters" because they have their own opinion about a player? I believe DOOM is a good player, but when we extended him for $60 mil, he went straight to the "overrated" catergory. DOOM is good, not $60 mil good.
                  1. It's not $60 a year.

2. IBeWriteGood provided stats that prove Dumerville is not playing at a level that would rate him in the overrated category.

I'd say 7 sacks and 5 forced fumbles after 9 games is worth most of his 19 mil. It's not his fault we can't fall on the ball after he knocks it out. As he stated through the season that would compute to about 13 sacks and 8 forced fumbles.

Maybe not quite worth 19 mil but still worth a lot of money. And I would not even come close to putting him in the overrated category.
                  sigpic

Comment

Overrate: nobody

underrate: Koppen, Stokley, Big Vick, Woodyard, Trevathan, Chris Harris, Moore, Bruton (ST) and Trindon Hollyday (returner)

Comment

Overrated: Adams
                      Underrated: Vickerson, Rahim Moore, Keith Brooking
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                        1. It's not $60 a year.

2. IBeWriteGood provided stats that prove Dumerville is not playing at a level that would rate him in the overrated category.

I'd say 7 sacks and 5 forced fumbles after 9 games is worth most of his 19 mil. It's not his fault we can't fall on the ball after he knocks it out. As he stated through the season that would compute to about 13 sacks and 8 forced fumbles.

Maybe not quite worth 19 mil but still worth a lot of money. And I would not even come close to putting him in the overrated category.
                        Of course it isn't $60 mil a year. The entire contract is $60 mil, and IMO, he wasn't/isn't worth that. Overpaid is probably the better choice of words, but at the same time, overpaid can equal overrated.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm not going to make any proclamations about anyone being overrated, but I will say that both Adams and Porter are underrated.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                            Of course it isn't $60 mil a year. The entire contract is $60 mil, and IMO, he wasn't/isn't worth that. Overpaid is probably the better choice of words, but at the same time, overpaid can equal overrated.
                            So I might give you overpaid. But that's extremely debatable.

League wide maybe not. But he is a very important part of our defense that we had to keep. Sometimes you pay a guy more than he is worth just to not lose him to someone else who is willing to pay him.

If that's why we gave him that contract I have no problem with it. If the front office thinks 13 sacks and 8 forced fumbles is worth it to them then he is not overpaid.

I'd much rather pay Dumerville 19 a year for that production than pay someone else less because another team outbid us for Doom.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              1. It's not $60 a year.
                              I hope it isn't $60 a year. I wouldn't even be able to live off of $60 a week . Just messing with you lol.

But yeah Doom is playing great but I think people want to see crazy high sack numbers like he use to get, but teams have learned to just throw quick passes, because if you try a verticle game against us you end up like Brees, Rivers, and Newton. On their back because it takes to long.

Doom is playing solid but that $60 mil was high but it was good keeping one of our talents around. I think Ayers is great for rotation and gives us solid depth.

Adopted Broncos:
                              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                              Adopted posters:
                              Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                                Yeah, I know. Those guys get way too much credit around here.
                                Wow great comeback There are plenty of examples in past threads of what is imo the overrating of each of these guys. Heck some around here think Moreno is the best back on the roster and others think that McCoy is just a genius while others had Caldwell Starting and Stokes not on the team. I personally think they are all overrated by some around here. Now if you actually want to discuss that ok. Otherwise
                                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
                                X