Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gaberox
    replied
    Well Im going to stand up for Mcgahee. He was running harder than Ive seen since the Saints game while covering the ball with two hands and diving/pushing forward for extra yards. If not injured he could have had a monster game. I really hope he is ok or else we are in some trouble.

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    replied
    Originally posted by martz11 View Post
    I'm going to keep bumping this thread till this gets fixed. Holiday has some of the worst ball protection skills I've seen in awhile. One of these times he's going to cost the team again.

Anyways another win and go Broncos!!!!
    yep turned it over at least 1 x every game thankfully the D has turned it on these last 5 games or we'd have a couple more losses...if it dont stop theres a good chance itll cost us a bye week in one of these next 6 games the D cant save us every game...i cant remember a denver team having this long of a turn over streak...

Leave a comment:

• martz11
    replied
    I'm going to keep bumping this thread till this gets fixed. Holiday has some of the worst ball protection skills I've seen in awhile. One of these times he's going to cost the team again.

Anyways another win and go Broncos!!!!

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    replied
    Originally posted by jbirdistheword View Post
    "If this team wants to be elite then they have to clean up the small things in order to win a championship. It's really a fundamental that needs to be cleaned up. We're not going to be lucky every week when we keep turning the ball over in such a manner.

Maybe work on it in practice? If you fumble in practice or game get a 5 smacks with a whiffle ball bat in the abs. Maybe extreme but you get the drift".

I lol'd at the wiffle ball punishment. Now I just want to play wiffle ball.

Haven't looked at the stats yet, but it seems like we've had more TOs this year than in the recent past. Thankfully, we have a resilient O and a good D who help us overcome the stupid mistakes.
    you got it right we have turned it over every game, penalties, drops etc...its a big reason why we lost those 3 games vs 'elite' teams...hopefully next week we can start cleaning it up n put SD 4 games back...

Leave a comment:

• Broncs_for_life
    replied
    Originally posted by Gallegos7788 View Post
    Did not read. Too long.
    So much fail in this post.

ANYWHO...I think they better have Willis running around with a ball in his hands all week in practice like DT did for a while there. Also I think we need to draft a bowling ball of a RB in the draft this coming year. Someone to offset Hillman in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• martz11
    replied
    Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
    Denver doesn't really fumble all that much more than everyone else, we are just bad on falling on the ball when we do fumble.

McGahee is obviously the best runner on the team, but his fumbleitis is becoming a problem.
    I understand what your saying but my point is being elite not average. Most of the league leaders in fumbles are not good teams. Lucky for us Manning and the D is able to overcome those mistakes. If this team is Super Bowl contenders then they gotta do a better job all around in this area not just McGahee.

Leave a comment:

• Denver Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by Gallegos7788 View Post
    Did not read. Too long.
    Troll alurt..

Leave a comment:

• jbirdistheword
    replied
    "If this team wants to be elite then they have to clean up the small things in order to win a championship. It's really a fundamental that needs to be cleaned up. We're not going to be lucky every week when we keep turning the ball over in such a manner.

Maybe work on it in practice? If you fumble in practice or game get a 5 smacks with a whiffle ball bat in the abs. Maybe extreme but you get the drift".

I lol'd at the wiffle ball punishment. Now I just want to play wiffle ball.

Haven't looked at the stats yet, but it seems like we've had more TOs this year than in the recent past. Thankfully, we have a resilient O and a good D who help us overcome the stupid mistakes.
    Last edited by jbirdistheword; 11-11-2012, 02:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Double_L
    replied
    Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
    McGahee is obviously the best runner on the team, but his fumbleitis is becoming a problem.
    Yeah I feel the same way. I still trust him to get the first down in critical situations more than any other RB on the roster despite his fumble problems. IMO people undervalue his power running ability.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
    It isnt just about ball security with knowsho, hes been terrible running the ball since his first season.. he dances to much, trips over his own feet.. hes a bust
    I know there's more too it, but the way they went about it makes it seem as if that fumble did him in. As good as Willis has been in running the ball, he's been really bad in security. I mean without him fumbling in the playoffs we wouldn't have that cool YouTube vid of various fans reactions to the OT play, but he's cost us or nearly cost us at least a half-dozen games with his fumbling. And for someone that has so much mouth like he does, it's just bad.

Leave a comment:

• PowderAddict
    replied
    Denver doesn't really fumble all that much more than everyone else, we are just bad on falling on the ball when we do fumble.

Leave a comment:

• martz11
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferren View Post
    Holliday's a fumbler too. Great runback today but he scares me - he's a disaster waiting to happen (like with him tossing the ball before he crossed the goal line.
    I agree. 2 weeks ago he lost the ball on 3 different occasions. He's got dishpan hands.

Leave a comment:

• BANJOPICKER1
    replied
    Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    McGahee's problem is easily fixable, he just doesn't fix it! All he has to do is keep two hands on the ball and it won't get poked out so often, he holds the ball like it's radioactive or something
    He does seem to carry it like its going to explode.. Just watched a few clips of his fumbles and your right, he does look like its radioactive..
    Remember though that Hillman is his replacement and they seem to be working him into that spot, even the TD today shows it.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ferren
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    I agree, give it to Ball/Hillman/Holliday (am I the only one that thinks we should occasionally hand it off to him so he can run towards the sidelines?) Willis is starting to scare me every time he touches the ball.
    Holliday's a fumbler too. Great runback today but he scares me - he's a disaster waiting to happen (like with him tossing the ball before he crossed the goal line.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie79
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    U know its funny, I could really dig into McGahee but I'm not, he's doing it to himself enough. Makes u wonder why Moreno has been inactive after 1 fumble that we actually recovered. McGahee's ball security has been horrendous as of late.
    It isnt just about ball security with knowsho, hes been terrible running the ball since his first season.. he dances to much, trips over his own feet.. hes a bust

Leave a comment:

Working...
X