Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we beat the Chargers next week,

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Yup I hope so. I like seeing players like ayers step up. Depth appears to be there this year. Just don't want to go too deep
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
      we'd basically be up 4 games bcz will have beaten them twice n own the tie breaker head to head...i know alot of football left but at worst we should finish 10-6 theyd have to win out n finish 11-5...
      If the Broncos win next week the Chargers can not finish 11-5. The best they could possibly do is 10-6.

      Even with that the Bronco would then have to lose 4 of the last 6 for San Diego to win the AFC West.
      Last edited by kevlar441; 11-11-2012, 07:25 PM.
      "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

      Comment


      • #18
        It ain't over till it's over. Remember 2008? We were 8-5 going into week 15 and the Chargers were 5-8. We dropped our last 3 games, including the final game of our season to the Chargers. They won their last 3 and the West. Plus the Chargers are a notoriously hot team in the second half of the season. Having said that, beating them next week will be huge.
        ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
          It ain't over till it's over. Remember 2008? We were 8-5 going into week 15 and the Chargers were 5-8. We dropped our last 3 games, including the final game of our season to the Chargers. They won their last 3 and the West. Plus the Chargers are a notoriously hot team in the second half of the season. Having said that, beating them next week will be huge.
          They had better teams back then. This year not so much add on to a tough remaining schedule. Also add on we have Manning. Not seeing it this year.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Blazindro View Post
            They had better teams back then. This year not so much add on to a tough remaining schedule. Also add on we have Manning. Not seeing it this year.
            yep, both teams were completely different.

            People can argue and analyse all they want, but we all know the Chargers have to win next week or its over.

            Comment


            • #21
              Yea, if we beat em, this division will be almost all but over. Just imagine if we were 9-0 right now. That would mean that if we beat them next week, we'd have clinched the division
              :salute: :goz: :salute:

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                Yup as soon as we beat the chargers we are going to rest starters. that'll be a three game lead with the tie breaker.

                In all seriousness it will likely lock up the division but we have a dog fight on our hands for playoff seeds. We have lost to the probable 1&2 seed. We locked up the tie with the steelers and still have balt to play.

                We have to take every game and hope for a Houston and NE falter.
                Why would we rest starts just because we are in the playoffs? we have seeding to worry about. Unless we lock up the #1 seed which won't happen we won't rest our players as long as we can be seated higher than what we are.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  yeah this division is already the broncos to lose, even if you lose to the chargers which you wont. it will likely be hard for the broncos to stay focused because they will probably have the division locked up officially by week 14 or 15
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I'm still worried about the Chiefs. . . .
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                      If? When!
                      Thats what Im talking about baby!!!!! I came in here to post just that!!! CP TO YOU!
                      SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                        yeah this division is already the broncos to lose, even if you lose to the chargers which you wont. it will likely be hard for the broncos to stay focused because they will probably have the division locked up officially by week 14 or 15
                        If that happens they'll probably still be playing for a better seed. I don't think it will be too hard for them to stay focused.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
                          I'm still worried about the Chiefs. . . .
                          Yeah, that game in Arrowhead worries me.

                          Dead serious btw.

                          We ALWAYS struggle there.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Meh maybe if we had Tebow or Orton I would be worried. I get it is a divisional rival and maybe I'm overlooking them, but I don't see a Cassel or Quinn led team doing much to our defense. Meanwhile Manning should kill them..

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              Why would we rest starts just because we are in the playoffs? we have seeding to worry about. Unless we lock up the #1 seed which won't happen we won't rest our players as long as we can be seated higher than what we are.
                              There was some sarcasm there Frey but I amended that statement to clarify a bit a few posts later.

                              I meant that if this division is locked up I am sure any starters that are dinged up will get the extra time to heal up rather than force them onto the field.

                              Playoff seeding is huge. Sadly because of a couple of losses we need NE and HOU to falter a bit to get into the top 2 and get that bye.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
                                I'm still worried about the Chiefs. . . .
                                Everyone is worried about the Chiefs including the Chiefs.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X