Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snarfalicious
    replied
    Considering the fact that the Broncos are only getting better, and every other team in the AFC West appears to be regressing? I'd say things are really looking up for our chances.

To be honest, it shouldn't be about winning the AFC West, it should be about getting that first-round bye.

Houston and Baltimore have the early advantage at 8-1 and 7-2 respectively. Both look solid in all phases and are the real favorites for the byes.

New England is 6-3 and I think they will kick on eventually and really push for one of those spots. That defense is only going to make more plays as their younger guys get more experience (So long as they don't wear down), and that offense is incredible despite missing some players.

For us? It really boils down to staying healthy. We don't have the best depth across all positions. Can Manning hold up for a whole season and not show fatigue? I'd say we have a lot of question marks but should still really be focused on getting that first-round bye.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBreeder
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
    I'm still worried about the Chiefs. . . .
    Don't worry. We have a secret weapon in Matt Cassel.

Leave a comment:

• kevlar441
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    OK, 22. Sorry.
    I'll let you forget it.

SOMEDAY.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post
    6+6+10=?

Come on Sam. You can do this.

OK, 22. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• kevlar441
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    I've got 16: 21-27 to Atlanta; 25-31 to Houston; and, 21-31 to NE. 6+6+10=16 right?
    6+6+10=?

Come on Sam. You can do this!

Last edited by kevlar441; 11-12-2012, 07:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmChairQB7 View Post
    Chargers are done, it's time to start thinking about keeping up with the Ravens & Texans. Finally staying ahead of the Patriots... Not to mention Pittsburgh gets an easy win tonight over KC and the colts are tied with our record! That Ravens match up later in the year is our whole season in a nut-shell...
    We've lost 3 games this year by a total of 22 points. Basically a TD per game but we're beating our opponents by 17 points per game by average...

Go broncos
    I've got 16: 21-27 to Atlanta; 25-31 to Houston; and, 21-31 to NE. 6+6+10=16 right?

Leave a comment:

• ArmChairQB7
    replied
    Chargers are done, it's time to start thinking about keeping up with the Ravens & Texans. Finally staying ahead of the Patriots... Not to mention Pittsburgh gets an easy win tonight over KC and the colts are tied with our record! That Ravens match up later in the year is our whole season in a nut-shell...
    We've lost 3 games this year by a total of 22 points. Basically a TD per game but we're beating our opponents by 17 points per game by average...

Go broncos

Leave a comment:

• broncos_mtnman
    replied
    Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
    Reliable? No.
    He drops way too many passes.
    One moment he will be brilliant, the next, he looks like a rookie.
    That's not unique to Decker. Dropped passes have become a problem off and on with all of the WRs and RBs.

Leave a comment:

• footballinsider
    replied
    Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
    Reliable? No.

There's an re-adjustment period for all wide receivers who used to catch passes from Tebow...
    He rarely false starts and his route running has improved tremendously. Dropped passes/mental lapses are a problem but it can be fixed in time.

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    Originally posted by footballinsider View Post
    It still amazes me how much Peyton can completely improve a wide receiver group. Decker is becoming one of the most reliable guys in the NFL. I read his twitter posts and blogs on http://bit.ly/SfEQaN and its amazing how much he is retaining from just being around Peyton.

Broncos Ride!!
    Reliable? No.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoDF
    replied
    I think Manning would be seriously pissed if we rest staters at some point (which I don't think we will be able nor willing to). He clearly wasn't ok with it when the powers that be pulled that stunts at Indy.

Leave a comment:

• footballinsider
    replied
    It still amazes me how much Peyton can completely improve a wide receiver group. Decker is becoming one of the most reliable guys in the NFL. I read his twitter posts and blogs on http://bit.ly/SfEQaN and its amazing how much he is retaining from just being around Peyton.

Broncos Ride!!

Leave a comment:

• speardog
    replied
    Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    It ain't over till it's over. Remember 2008? We were 8-5 going into week 15 and the Chargers were 5-8. We dropped our last 3 games, including the final game of our season to the Chargers. They won their last 3 and the West. Plus the Chargers are a notoriously hot team in the second half of the season. Having said that, beating them next week will be huge.
    I agree with your sentiment. That team had Jay Cutler this one has PMFM.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
    I'm still worried about the Chiefs. . . .
    Everyone is worried about the Chiefs including the Chiefs.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Why would we rest starts just because we are in the playoffs? we have seeding to worry about. Unless we lock up the #1 seed which won't happen we won't rest our players as long as we can be seated higher than what we are.
    There was some sarcasm there Frey but I amended that statement to clarify a bit a few posts later.

I meant that if this division is locked up I am sure any starters that are dinged up will get the extra time to heal up rather than force them onto the field.

Playoff seeding is huge. Sadly because of a couple of losses we need NE and HOU to falter a bit to get into the top 2 and get that bye.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X