Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not so fast fellow Bronco fanatics.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not so fast fellow Bronco fanatics.........

I LOVE this team, and I'm more excited about what I'm seeing on the field these days than I have been for a long time.

BUT

as much as I don't wanna be a debbie-downer, I have seen some CRAZY posts lately.

I think we are legit, and we are firing on all cylinders, but keep in mind we are in the soft part of our schedule. We haven't played a "TOUGH" team since we faced the Patriots. You can argue that San Diego and New Orleans aren't pushovers, but they are sub .500 teams right now.

I'm not wanting to rain on anyone's parade, and I'm enjoying the ride just as much as anyone else, but the fact remains that we aren't seeing the caliber of competition we saw in the first half of the season. In fact we probably won't see another top notch team until the play-offs.

This doesn't mean that we couldn't lose to the sparklers, Bucs, or Ravens. Those are probably the toughest games we have left. We "should" win them though.

What concerns me is that there is gonna be a resounding THUD around here if we DO lose in the play-offs after riding so high over the lower caliber teams we still have left to face. Reality has to step in sooner or later. I just pray that our TEAM doesn't get too caught up in the dominance to realize there WILL be MUCH tougher games ahead of them if/when we are in the post season.

I'm sure I will catch a lot of grief for this post, but someone has to be the bad guy and burst the bubble...lol.

I certainly hope that I'm wrong and we can dominate all the way through the big game. If so? I'll GLADLY eat crow until I grow wings of my own...lol. Go Broncos

The Saints just took out the undefeated Falcons, and the Bengas just embarrassed the defending champions.

We handled both fairly easily, if say we are doing well against good competition.

Comment

Pittsburgh Steelers. That is all.

Comment

Oh, I won't argue that we are doing well. I "KNOW" we are, and I'm ecstatic about it, but I have seen some posts talking about wanting rematches with the Pats, Texans, etc. We "could" win those rematches, but I'd just as soon we are fortunate enough for at least one of those teams to knock out the other before we have to play them

Comment

This is where Manning really will ground this team. I don't think the team can take anybody lightly with that man in the building. You worry about this with young teams and I could see the defense slipping because there is a lot of youth and not a real leadership figure. They did a couple times in the game but the front was too much for Carolina and they have terrible playcalling. But Manning will be focused more than ever and the offense will be our rock if the defense falters.
          Last edited by Lomax; 11-11-2012, 10:56 PM.
          "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

If ESPN and NFL Network are saying we can go to the Super Bowl, than our fans sure as hell are allowed to make any predictions about this team we want without it being too farfetched.
            Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
              This is where Manning really will ground this team. I don't think the team can take anybody lightly with that man in the building. You worry about this with young teams and I could see the defense slipping because there is a lot of youth and not a real leadership figure. They did a couple times in the game but the front was too much for Carolina and they have terrible playcalling. But Manning will be focused more than ever and the offense will be our rock if the defense falters.
              I get what your saying, and you are probably right, It's good to hear other viewpoints though. I still have my concerns against the elite teams, but with Manning at the helm, he won't let them overlook anyone....I appreciate the reply

Comment

Didn't we almost come back on all those "elite" teams we played?

And the Texans won't be a synch, but schaub is barely above average and the beat a highly overrated Bears team. With that schedule no wonder the Bears are 7-2. Even though the game was winnable. And looking at Cutler more he is down right TERRIBLE he is a game manager in Chicago. And that defense is playing lights out.

Comment

I've never understood why, when everyone is having a great time, someone always has to make everyone look at the glass as half full.

Comment

Thanks to the OP for airing the concerns I am sure a lot of us share. However, we have risen to 'elite' status and rather than fearing NE and Houston, we are playing at their level. They are probably just as concerned about facing us as we are of them at this point. If we want to go all the way we have to beat the best teams so I think we have a shot.

Comment

We'll be fine. Get in, Sit Down,Buckle up, keep your mouth shut, and enjoy the ride.
                      I really like Cheese.

Comment

All I know right now is that we're winning games and I'm not wanting to tear my hair out for 3 quarters and instead get to relax to easy wins. Something that hasn't happened around here in along time.

Comment

Originally posted by darth-hideous View Post
                          We'll be fine. Get in, Sit Down,Buckle up, keep your mouth shut, and enjoy the ride.
                          Originally posted by martz11 View Post
                          All I know right now is that we're winning games and I'm not wanting to tear my hair out for 3 quarters and instead get to relax to easy wins. Something that hasn't happened around here in along time.
                          This..........

Comment

Right now Houston is the class of the AFC. Balt when healthy is probably a better, NE is probably a better team. But we are winning, and we are fun to watch. Look at the team on the field the last few weeks and compare it to the team those first few weeks. Both sides of the ball are playing so much better and so much faster. We have come a long way in a short amount of time. We are going to keep getting better, and yeah we will most likely fall short this season...But how tough are we going to be next season? If we were to play a game and not fumble, I like our chances against any team in the league
                            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

If we can build off of this effort with Carolina, I don't see any team as a threat anymore. I am sure that NE & Huston are dreading the possibility of seeing us in the postseason, regardless if they have HF or not.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X