Manning's leadership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning's leadership

One thing that's impressed me about Peyton this season (other than his MVP-caliber numbers) is the amount of time he spends on the sidelines with his team mates, both after good drives and bad

He seems to be actively coaching them up or giving them pep-talks (it'd be great if they had clips of this on the weekly NFL Network's Sound FX show)

It amazes me how ignorant some people (mostly Patriots fans) are, in perpetuating this myth of "Peyton is a bad team mate" all because of that stupid "we had protection problems" press conference

It always makes me laugh when I see Peyton on the sidelines after throwing a touchdown - you'd think he was upset because of some bad plays if you didn't know better. He's intense, focused & never satisfied and it's what we've lacked in a quarterback for so many years.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighMaven View Post
      It always makes me laugh when I see Peyton on the sidelines after throwing a touchdown - you'd think he was upset because of some bad plays if you didn't know better. He's intense, focused & never satisfied and it's what we've lacked in a quarterback for so many years.
      There was a shot at the end where he looked a little disappointed with the way things had gone offensively. If you didn't have the scoreboard at the top you'd think the scores were the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Hesky View Post
        There was a shot at the end where he looked a little disappointed with the way things had gone offensively. If you didn't have the scoreboard at the top you'd think the scores were the other way around.
        Well, the offense only scored 20 points and didn't finish drives - they also lost 2 fumbles and weren't good on 3rd down. There's definitely lots of room for improvement

That last garbage TD drive was actually huge, IMO, because prior to that they'd really been quiet all day and I think it's important they came away from that game with some confidence and momentum

On a side note, can't ever remember seeing Manning beaming with enthusiasm talking about his D in a press conference

Comment

Did anyone else hear the not so subtle instructions to Willis on his third and mid distance blunder? I love his brutal honesty, the team is really shaping into something special, and I think number 18 has everything to do with it.
          Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #42

Comment

This is so nice after watching Tebow, Orton, and Cutler for the past 7 years.

Tebow was intense as a football player, but didnt really know enough about the game to sit down with his teammates and discuss what to do next/improve on/what he saw.

Orton just acted like he didnt give a crap 90 percent of the time

Cutler was too immature to lead when he was here.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NM_Mile_High View Post
              Did anyone else hear the not so subtle instructions to Willis on his third and mid distance blunder? I love his brutal honesty, the team is really shaping into something special, and I think number 18 has everything to do with it.
              Yep, kinda like watching someone scold their pet for soiling the carpet!

Comment

Originally posted by NYColt View Post
                On a side note, can't ever remember seeing Manning beaming with enthusiasm talking about his D in a press conference
                I loved that part! It was like he couldn't think of a word good enough to describe our defense & he settled for awesome. Pure gold!

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                  Yep, kinda like watching someone scold their pet for soiling the carpet!
                  He let Donald Brown have it on the field a couple of years ago. He is intense. LOL

As for the D, I'm not surprised that he's speechless. He's never had one before! LOL

NYCOLT, check these links out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq4sAhJeAbw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1QuV9-U5AaU

You can hear everything he has to say. You will also come to realize that "Right" is his favorite word. LOL
                  OFFICIAL Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon to SB XLVII Member #1888

Comment

Originally posted by NM_Mile_High View Post
                    What did he say? I missed the game.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sheriff18 View Post
                      I am not 100% sure, but it went something like "get off the [email protected]#$ing field, you need to know the(some sort of expletive) game time situation", I believe he wasn't targeted the rest of the game.
                      Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #42

Comment

Originally posted by The Sheriff18 View Post
                        He threw an outlet pass to Willis who caught the ball and had a clear path for a first down, I believe it was 3rd and 3. Instead, Willis starts juking and jiving like an idiot and gets tacled for no gain. PFM runs after him as he is leaving the field and based on his hand gestures, I believe he told Willis to stop messing around and get up field. Im sure PFM's language was a bit more colorful though.

Comment

That's the infamous GD IT DONALD play (urgh memories of how bad Charlie Johnson was as a LT)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DttfyOeU3vw

And lol you're right he does say "right" alot. To be honest, I can't understand what he's saying half the time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLKpJ...eature=related

Comment

Haha poor Willis!

I like the kid, nice kid. I even have an auto from him.. but sheesh it would be nice if he knew the ways of Peyton

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                              Haha poor Willis!

I like the kid, nice kid. I even have an auto from him.. but sheesh it would be nice if he knew the ways of Peyton
                              Oh, I'm sure he gets it now. LOL

And yeah, NYColt, that was an instant classic.
                              OFFICIAL Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon to SB XLVII Member #1888

Comment

Working...
                              X