No announcement yet.

Willis McGahee Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Willis should have earned every Broncos fan's respect last year when defensed put 8 and 9 guys in the box. Not once did he ever complain, in fact his attitude was 'bring it on'.

Then when he scores-he busts out the salute.

Comment

he is a great runner for the team. He hits the holes with power and forces defenses to respect the running game. With one more fumble, he will match his career high and we are a little over halfway through. If he holds on to the ball a little better late in games we will be fine the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
        I disagree. It's mostly Manning.
        Play action means OL takes a run step and the QB fakes a handoff. It won't work if you can't actually run the ball and are willing to do so. PAP doesn't work if you can't/won't run it. It's a team thing.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I don't understand the appreciation. It's not he has been getting a bunch of yards. Yes, he is the best back on roster. That just shows how horrible our backfield really is. We are 22nd in the league for rushing yards. Any running back can come in and do what he has done. His best asset is pass blocking.
          Go Hard or Go Home

Comment

Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
            I don't understand the appreciation. It's not he has been getting a bunch of yards. Yes, he is the best back on roster. That just shows how horrible our backfield really is. We are 22nd in the league for rushing yards. Any running back can come in and do what he has done. His best asset is pass blocking.
            McGahee has 160 rushing attempts. That's a big reason we're 22nd in rushing. If he was closer to 200 carries like most of the top RBs are, he'd have about 800 yards right now and we'd improve about 10 spots

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              McGahee has 160 rushing attempts. That's a big reason we're 22nd in rushing. If he was closer to 200 carries like most of the top RBs are, he'd have about 800 yards right now and we'd improve about 10 spots
              Also, McGahee is averaging 4.2 ypa. Do that three times and you have first down. A balanced offense (currently 42% run) makes PAP a valuable tool because of what it does to the defense.
              Last edited by samparnell; 11-12-2012, 01:38 PM.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                It's one every 30 carries. He is the leading fumbler in the NFL woo
                It's 1 every 81 carries in his career. Oboy! What a fumbler!!!!

You guys are just over-reacting.
                Where is this season going?

Comment

Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
                  I guess you would prefer that we kept Tebow to up those rushing yards??

We don't NEED to run as much because we have Peyton Freaking Manning. We just need run enough to set up the play-action pass......

And I'll bet Peyton appreciates those pass blocking skills, too.
                  Where is this season going?

Comment

Denver's offense changes when unavailable.

Comment

Originally posted by yaz96 View Post
                      It's 1 every 81 carries in his career. Oboy! What a fumbler!!!!

You guys are just over-reacting.
                      That's 1 fumble every 3 and 1/2 games.

He's also injury prone and a bad receiver.

It's time for the old man to learn to keep 2 hands on the ball.
                      Denver Broncos GM
                      Originally posted by Mosk
                      Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                        That's 1 fumble every 3 and 1/2 games.

He's also injury prone and a bad receiver.

It's time for the old man to learn to keep 2 hands on the ball.
                        Have you seen what has happened to our running game since he has been out?

Willis is criminally under appreciated by some people
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post

I fully agree.. People always need something to complain about.

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post

Yep, we can't run for crap with Willis out.

Comment

I made a thread on him last week, but I wasn't calling for his head. Just trying to figure out how he can fumble less. After today I do see how truly important he is to our team. Protects Manning and is a good runner for sure. Without him Manning has to throw just about every time.

Comment

Team Broncos!
                                2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

Working...
                                X