Cool Story about Tampa Bay & Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Story about Tampa Bay & Denver

A close personal friend of mine was drafted by the Bucs and then traded to the Broncos. He's coming over for the Sunday game in 2 weeks. I asked him who he is going to be rooting for. He said hands down the Broncos. I replied "you played for the bucs for 2 seasons and only 1 with Denver". The Bucs drafted you and gave you your shot and yet you still want to root for the Broncos. "Absolutley", he said. Much better franchise from top to bottom, better management, better coaching, and they treated their players with more respect. A winning history in Denver as well as a champions mentality goes along way. He said the Bucs think of themselves as losers. The broncos see themselves as 5-time Super Bowl attendees and and back-to-back Champions! Elway and now Manning they are a mile high above the bucs. Even the Super Bowl they did win over Oakland they say feels like a fluke. A mirage over a team that Gruden used to coach. Denver will handle SD, KC, & TB easily. If we can get a W over Baltimore we are the pride of the AFC along with the Texans. Someone better let Houston know the Sheriff's coming looking for some pay back...

Broncos 34
    Tampa Bay 17

Whos your friend
    sigpic

Comment

Broncos been to six super bowls though...

Comment

Denver has attended 6 super bowls.

Won 2
        Lost 4

But glad he is choosing the right team for the right reasons.
        sigpic

Comment

Cool story bro.

Comment

I don't know about the validity of this one, but I do know that my dad's friend started for the dolphins for years, and even lives in Miami. He's still a die hard broncos fan, and said that he'd choose the Broncos over dolphins 365 days a year, and 366 days on leap year.
            Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              Denver has attended 6 super bowls.

Won 2
              Lost 4

But glad he is choosing the right team for the right reasons.
              My bad I thought they were only in 5 Super Bowls...

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                Whos your friend
                Julian Jenkins

Julian has never had a problem balancing his athletic and academic success. During his high school career in Georgia, Julian earned almost every possible honor that can be given to a student-athlete. Off the field, Julian was a member of the National Honor Society and graduated with honors. On the field, Julian started in four varsity sports for four years with football being his main focus. As a high school football player, he was recognized as the Gatorade Player of the Year in Georgia, named to the Sports Illustrated and Rivals top 100 in addition to being a 1st Team All-American.

Realizing the importance of his education, Julian wanted to maximize his recruiting potential by attending the right collegiate fit academically and athletically. He ultimately decided on Stanford University where he was a three year starter, 2 year captain, 2nd Team All Pac-Ten honoree and named the team MVP in 2006. Julian’s outstanding collegiate career resulted in a 5th round draft selection by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. After spending two seasons with the Bucs, Julian played for the Denver Broncos before finishing his professional career with in the CFL as a Grey Cup Champion with the Calgary Stampeders. With a passionate message that emphasizes the importance of education, Julian is a welcome addition to the team and looks forward to helping families across the country.
                Last edited by ArmChairQB7; 11-13-2012, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Whos your friend
                  Cory Boyd and Hamza Abdullah were both drafted by the Bucs, and then the next year were playing for the Broncos. Neither of them we traded to the Broncos however.

Other players who were drafted by the Bucs and then later played for the Broncos include: Chris Simms, Nate Webster, Russ Hochstein, and John Lynch. Again, none were traded.

Comment

Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
                    Cory Boyd and Hamza Abdullah were both drafted by the Bucs, and then the next year were playing for the Broncos. Neither of them we traded to the Broncos however.

Other players who were drafted by the Bucs and then later played for the Broncos include: Chris Simms, Nate Webster, Russ Hochstein, and John Lynch. Again, none were traded.
                    lol ok?
                    He said Julian Jenkins
                    sigpic

Comment

lol ok?
                      He said Julian Jenkins
                      As I was typing this up. I apologize that it takes time to type things.

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOLT
                        Was he listed as a Bronco player? Practice squad, anything? If he was, he is by all means part of the team and a Bronco.
                        The OP stated that his friend was traded to the Broncos where he then played for one season. That was BSing it a bit. His friend was signed off the street during the offseason, and was then cut before training camp to make room on the roster to sign our 2008 draft picks.

Comment

To the OP: Appreciate the insight. Cool to hear stories like that about the organization and what they stand for and the reputation they carry in the league.

Comment

"Excitabat fluctus in simpulo." ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

You guys seem to be missing the entire point of the OP's post to be arguing about him exaggerating how far his friend went in the team.

The point is both teams have have vastly different football cultures and mentality. With our team thinking championship while the other team is just playing for their paychecks.

I actually enjoyed that little insight he gave us but there's no need to grill him about his friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X