X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kevlar441
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    French thing? fries? kiss? wine? extramarital affairs? philosophy? Formula One engines?
    Ask Remedy. He knows everything.

(Now I really am going to "vomir or degueuler".)

He was teaching me French.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post
    Is that Latin? I wish I could swear in a different language.

(Other than that French thing I learned a few nights ago.)
    French thing? fries? kiss? wine? extramarital affairs? philosophy? Formula One engines?

Leave a comment:

• kevlar441
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    "Excitabat fluctus in simpulo." ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero
    Is that Latin? I wish I could swear in a different language.

(Other than that French thing I learned a few nights ago.)

Leave a comment:

• Denver Mike
    replied
    Cool story

And I mean that! It's so freaking awesome to hear about the mindset our team brings. Even to players. Makes me hope JDR, Manning are growing to love their new homes

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    You guys seem to be missing the entire point of the OP's post to be arguing about him exaggerating how far his friend went in the team.

The point is both teams have have vastly different football cultures and mentality. With our team thinking championship while the other team is just playing for their paychecks.

I actually enjoyed that little insight he gave us but there's no need to grill him about his friend.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    "Excitabat fluctus in simpulo." ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero

Leave a comment:

• // / yardo
    replied
    To the OP: Appreciate the insight. Cool to hear stories like that about the organization and what they stand for and the reputation they carry in the league.

Leave a comment:

• ramanboy33
    replied
    Originally posted by BRONCOLT
    Was he listed as a Bronco player? Practice squad, anything? If he was, he is by all means part of the team and a Bronco.
    The OP stated that his friend was traded to the Broncos where he then played for one season. That was BSing it a bit. His friend was signed off the street during the offseason, and was then cut before training camp to make room on the roster to sign our 2008 draft picks.

Leave a comment:

• ramanboy33
    replied
    Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
    lol ok?
    He said Julian Jenkins
    As I was typing this up. I apologize that it takes time to type things.

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    Cory Boyd and Hamza Abdullah were both drafted by the Bucs, and then the next year were playing for the Broncos. Neither of them we traded to the Broncos however.

Other players who were drafted by the Bucs and then later played for the Broncos include: Chris Simms, Nate Webster, Russ Hochstein, and John Lynch. Again, none were traded.
    lol ok?
    He said Julian Jenkins

Leave a comment:

• ramanboy33
    replied
    Whos your friend
    Cory Boyd and Hamza Abdullah were both drafted by the Bucs, and then the next year were playing for the Broncos. Neither of them we traded to the Broncos however.

Other players who were drafted by the Bucs and then later played for the Broncos include: Chris Simms, Nate Webster, Russ Hochstein, and John Lynch. Again, none were traded.

Leave a comment:

• ArmChairQB7
    replied
    Whos your friend
    Julian Jenkins

Julian has never had a problem balancing his athletic and academic success. During his high school career in Georgia, Julian earned almost every possible honor that can be given to a student-athlete. Off the field, Julian was a member of the National Honor Society and graduated with honors. On the field, Julian started in four varsity sports for four years with football being his main focus. As a high school football player, he was recognized as the Gatorade Player of the Year in Georgia, named to the Sports Illustrated and Rivals top 100 in addition to being a 1st Team All-American.

Realizing the importance of his education, Julian wanted to maximize his recruiting potential by attending the right collegiate fit academically and athletically. He ultimately decided on Stanford University where he was a three year starter, 2 year captain, 2nd Team All Pac-Ten honoree and named the team MVP in 2006. Julian’s outstanding collegiate career resulted in a 5th round draft selection by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. After spending two seasons with the Bucs, Julian played for the Denver Broncos before finishing his professional career with in the CFL as a Grey Cup Champion with the Calgary Stampeders. With a passionate message that emphasizes the importance of education, Julian is a welcome addition to the team and looks forward to helping families across the country.
    Last edited by ArmChairQB7; 11-13-2012, 09:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ArmChairQB7
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Denver has attended 6 super bowls.

Won 2
    Lost 4

But glad he is choosing the right team for the right reasons.
    My bad I thought they were only in 5 Super Bowls...

Leave a comment:

• BroncoooJohnson
    replied
    I don't know about the validity of this one, but I do know that my dad's friend started for the dolphins for years, and even lives in Miami. He's still a die hard broncos fan, and said that he'd choose the Broncos over dolphins 365 days a year, and 366 days on leap year.

Leave a comment:

• Preetv
    replied
    Cool story bro.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X