# 58

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• # 58

I remember watching Derrick Thomas of the KC Chiefs and I just remember the fear that he would install in me the fan as I was just praying to God that # 58 would not kill and destroy our team like the one man wrecking ball that he was....Just a very special player and now with Von Miller we have our own Special Player our own One Man Wrecking Ball....Our own Playmaker and to see him play lights out and is well unguardable all in memory of # 58.....Very Special Indeed Von Miller is........!!

#58 is the Next Jersey I will Own!!

agreed

The Broncos have done so well I owe it to them and myself to buy a jersey

Working on getting my Von jersey right now as this is probably the most special talent on defense we have ever had. He still has allot of production to do before he even cracks the top 10 Bronco defenders of all time but I see him being number 1 Bronco Defender all time when he retires.

Great first picks by Elway and Co.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

This may sound odd, but I find myself at times getting mad at other players for getting sacks because thats a sack Von cant get
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

But....but.......Marcel Dareus......

Im so glad Elway chose to go with Miller. Dareus would've been the safe pick but Elway risked it a bit and after seeing Miller he probably had flashbacks of DT.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
          This may sound odd, but I find myself at times getting mad at other players for getting sacks because thats a sack Von cant get
          Haha I totally do the same thing. At some point I hope Wolfe, Miller, and Dumervil hit the QB at the same time so we can make a sweet WMD gif . Explosions included of course.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
            I feel the same way about rushing TD's. That's one that Peyton didn't get! Nice problem to have actually.

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
              But....but.......Marcel Dareus......

Im so glad Elway chose to go with Miller. Dareus would've been the safe pick but Elway risked it a bit and after seeing Miller he probably had flashbacks of DT.
              I'm the same, Von Miller was the only player I wanted in that draft, right up until "With the 2nd pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select..." I was so nervous, needless to say I rejoiced when I heard comish saying Von Miller
              Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

von is going to be as great as he wants to be...hes gotten a little bigger this year which he need to do n is looking like an all-pro n he should be for years to come hopefully all in a bronco uniform...he does resemble derrick thomas alot hopefully he'll have that type of career he is off to a great start...

Comment

Now that he's packed on 10 lbs. of muscle, physically he does resemble the late great DT. Last year he was kinda light. I remember DT being a one man wrecking crew much like LT56.

Comment

Von reminds me more of Lawrence Taylor than he does DT. Although Thomas was technically a 3-4 LB he almost always had his hand in the dirt.

Taylor was a more complete LB, and the way Miller is used is more comparable as well. Taylor was usually standing up when he rushed the QB as well.
                    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 11-14-2012, 10:17 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                      Von reminds me more of Lawrence Taylor than he does DT. Although Thomas was technically a 3-4 LB he almost always had his hand in the dirt.

Taylor was a more complete LB, and the way Miller is used is more comparable as well. Taylor was usually standing up when he rushed the QB as well.
                      Maybe this helps my point a little bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxppgTXECK4

It's kind of funny looking at how far ahead of his time Taylor was. They actually tried to use RB's to block that guy?

I also see a 5 man front there that looks a lot what Denver does at times with Miller.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Elway 100% took Von because of facing Thomas his whole career. Elway said a sack guy like Thomas was always in his mind during the game
                        sigpicGo Broncos! Heres to many more CHAMPionships!!!

Comment

Von is going to be the next great linebacker. He excels at everything.

He is absolutely unbelievable in running situations and he is a complete mismatch on almost everyone as a pass rusher. When he improves his cover skills, he will anchor our defense for a decade.

He is already the best player on our defense and in a couple of years, he will be the best defensive player in the league.

Comment

I just hope we're able to re-sign him...

Comment

One of my last memories of DT was a monday night game in KC. Brister started in place of Elway and had that 40 yard TD run. Then Sharpe started his taunting of DT and DT had like 3 personal fouls on one drive. Sharpe caused DT to have a mental melt down, live on TV. Ahh, memries.

Comment

Working...
                              X