The Broncos Will Lose 1 More Game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Broncos Will Lose 1 More Game...

Before the playoffs, the Broncos will probably lose 1 more game. Not because of the gauntlet of high-caliber teams remaining, not because of talent or injuries. It's the NFL, it's just bound to happen. Some coach, some group of players, some game plan will come together for a team that matches up well (think the boxing adage, "Styles Make Fights"), and the Broncos will lose one more game.

Of the games left:

Wk - Team
    11 - San Diego
    12 - @ Kansas City
    13 - Tampa Bay
    14 - @ Oakland
    15 - @ Baltimore
    16 - Cleveland
    17 - Kansas City

Which game do you think they will lose? I'll be honest and say that I think it will be a team OTHER THAN Baltimore. That's the easy pick for most people because Baltimore is a solid football team. I think Manning will take care of them. I think Denver will present a pass rush Flacco hasn't had to deal with yet this year. They are also starting to see a pile up of relevant injuries, and will have to play Pittsburgh 2 of the next 3 games. The division rivalry will be more important to them than anything else.

I could see the Broncos dropping a game against Kansas City, or at Oakland. Those are teams that have not only given Manning fits before, but are also division rivals looking to play the part of spoiler. The Broncos will likely be headed for a bye week if they keep this up and nothing sticks it to a rival like handing them an "L" late in the year. While emotions, chips, revenge plots, etc., don't translate to wins in the NFL, all it takes is the addition of one successful week; one week where that team puts it all together.

On paper, the Broncos should win out. In the NFL, it never goes according to paper.

Who do you think will beat the Broncos before season's end?
    San Diego
    1.61%
    @ Kansas City
    6.45%
    Tampa Bay
    14.52%
    @ Oakland
    3.23%
    @ Baltimore
    62.90%
    Cleveland
    1.61%
    Kansas City
    9.68%

Due to the fight put up against Pitts.. the Broncos drop a game to KC.
    PROUND MEMBER OF THE MILE HIGH MANNING FIVEHEAD FAN CLUB! MEMBER #101!

Comment

No they won't.

Comment

Tampa Bay is my pick

Comment

I'll say the chargers, to make it interesting.
          sigpic

Comment

as much pub as we have been getting about our soft schedule im afraid itll a be at KC to we never seem to play well there...plus its a division rival n if it happens look out this board will explode lol...

but i also think the ravens will be really tough to n that game could very well be for the 2 or 3 seed but alot football left...

Comment

The Oakland game scares me. It is on a Thursday night, which means short practice week, and the team may be thinking about Baltimore. Palmer is actually good this year. This will be Oakland's Superb Owl with a national audience. This game has trap written all over it.

The good news is that Oakland really stinks, so that might just counteract all of my theories.

Comment

Thursday night games are wrong. The league needs to give teams the Sunday off prior to a Thursday game if they want Thusday games. Asking guys to play four days later is just wrong.
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOLT View Post
                  Due to the fight put up against Pitts.. the Broncos drop a game to KC.
                  Lmao!!!! Kc has led in a game for like 4 minutes doubt they score a combined 14 points outside of garbage time
                  A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                    Before the playoffs, the Broncos will probably lose 1 more game. Not because of the gauntlet of high-caliber teams remaining, not because of talent or injuries. It's the NFL, it's just bound to happen. Some coach, some group of players, some game plan will come together for a team that matches up well (think the boxing adage, "Styles Make Fights"), and the Broncos will lose one more game.

On paper, the Broncos should win out. In the NFL, it never goes according to paper.

Who do you think will beat the Broncos before season's end?
                    Why 1 and not 2 or 4? (I notice you did not actually voice a definitive choice yourself.)

If you are going to prognosticate then prognosticate. Then explain your reasoning. However, asking us to pick one game simply on your supposition that the Broncos have to lose one and only one seems a bit much.

"Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                      No they won't.
                      This. They are going 13-3.

Comment

13-3, but if I had to vote, it would be Baltimore, with SD a close runner up (you know they are after blood from our last comeback.)

Comment

Where is the no they won't lose again option? I've been saying since the second half of the San Diego game that we would not lose again this season. This team has started to really come together and have put up 30+ points in 4 straight games.

Sure it's possible to lose 1 more game but it's also possible to lose them all if Manning gets hurt. So why the loaded poll question with no option to pick 0.

Yes it's the NFL but I honestly think we won't lose again. I'd say there is more of a chance of winning out then predicting any 1 team of being able to beat us.
                          sigpic

Comment

I mean what kind of misery thread is this anyway where you are asking us to predict misery?

Where is the optimism?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              I mean what kind of misery thread is this anyway where you are asking us to predict misery?

Where is the optimism?
                              If it's optimism you want, look no further!

Mike and Mike (the little one) was asked which the best 6-3 team in the NFL right now is and his answer was.......The Denver Broncos!

His comment was to the effect that we can beat any team in the league right now the way we're playing and we're only getting better.
                              [sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X